Large Village House, Sleeps 10 with Free Wifi ,Private Pool, Patio & Parking(1 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
Casa Epfal is a Spacious Comfortable 5-bedroomed House in this Peaceful Village
The Lecrin Valley runs between the historical city of Granada and the tropical coast of Salobrena. The house is situated in the quiet part of the village were you can walk among the orange and lemon groves.
The Lecrin Valley and Sierra Nevada are famous for walking and cycling enthusiasts. Our meet and greet personnel can supply further information. The Spa town of Lanjaron is 10 mins drive from Melegis. It is well known for its hydrothermal centre which provides spa treatments, massages, thermal beauty treatments and physiotherapy. The Alhambra Palace is also worth a visit.
The Lecrin / Melegis area: Coast/Beach
Casa Epfal is only 20 minutes drive away from Motril and Salobrena beaches . There are 2 water parks within a 30 minutes drive that are both excellent for children. In Salobrena you can have a wonderful seafood lunch on the beach and wander around the old town and Moorish castle.
There are three golf courses within 25 minutes drive, Santa Clara being the closest, just 15 minutes drive. Los Moriscos is located on the coast approx 25 minutes away. Granada golf club is located south of Granada approx 25 minutes away
Sierra Nevada's Sol y Nieve (Sun and Snow) is Europe's most southerly ski resort. You can ski from the end of November to the middle of April. All ski equipment and ski wear can be hired at the resort. The resort offers 85 km of slopes of all grades. Ski passes etc are also purchased at the resort. From Melegis you can be parked in the resort within 50 minutes.
Further Details: Melegis has a population of approx 800, It has two bakeries, two small supermarkets, two bars and restaurants and a tobacconist plus local bank and beautiful old church. Pharmacy, dentist and medical centre in nearby Talara approx 2km. Durcal is the closest large town approx 10 mins drive which has all necessary shops and amenities.
You have all you need for a peaceful comfortable stay in what we see as 'real spain', both local restaurants are excellent with wonderful tapas and main meals.
How to get there: Granada airport is approx 25minutes from Melegis. Malaga airport is approx 1 hour 20 minutes and Almeria is approx 1 hour 50 minutes. These are excellent roads and are very pleasant scenic journeys on both inland and coastal routes.
Murcia Airport can be reached in approx. 2 hrs 20 minutes which also offers possibilities depending on flight times and costs.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2010
- 320 m²
- Max. occupancy 10
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Luxuries: Log fire, DVD player General: Air conditioning, TV, CD player Standard: Kettle, Toaster, Iron Utilities: Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine Rooms: Bedrooms (5), Bathrooms (2), Solarium / Roof terrace Furniture: Single beds (4), Double beds (3), Cots (1), Dining seating for 10, Sleeps maximum of 10 Other: Linen and towels provided. Outdoors: Balcony / Terrace, Private outdoor pool (unheated), Private garden, BBQ Access: Parking space at front of gates & on streets Further Details Indoors: -Utility room on 2nd floor with access to roof terrace, ironing board provided -Dining area with table and chairs -Kitchen also contains the following appliances: juicer, coffee maker and food blender -Please note that air-conditioning is available only at master bedroom and main living area Further details outdoors: - The house has a roof terrace - The swimming pool is 1.4m deep throughout. It is advised that children are supervised at all times whilst using the pool...moreless
- Audio Tape Player
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Coin Laundry
- Theme Parks
- Water Parks
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Ski Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 10 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Parking Off Street
- Toilet Paper
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool
- Deposit of a third of the total must be paid in advance in order to secure the booking - Deposit will not be refunded if cancellation is made less than 4 weeks before the arrival date - Final payment must be made by bank transfer 4 weeks prior to holiday. If booked at short notice payment must be made in full by bank transfer - On arrival a breakage deposit of 200 euros must be paid to meet and greet personnel, this amount will be refunded on departure if no damage is made to the property and the property is left is a reasonably clean condition. -Winter Heating Charge - £80 per week -Changeover day is Saturday, however we can be flexible for mid week bookings, please contact us for more details. On departure day holiday makers must leave at 12 noon, however this is also flexible if there is no immediate occupancy. NB: Prices may be subject to change at the advertiser's discretion. - The Rental Rate for the house is the same for 2 to 10 people - Discounts and special offers available at certain times of the year - please call home owner for more information - Winter Heating Charge if required - £80 per week. -Free WiFi Internet Access
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 9 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
Melegis is a beautiful small village in the Lecrin Valley(translated 'the valley of happiness') situated close to lake Beznar, the area is surrounded by Orange and Lemon groves as far as the eye can see, excellent for walking, fishing, cycling and the Ski slopes of the Sierra Navada are just 45 minutes by car, the beaches of the Costa Tropical are only 25 minutes by car and these are some of Spain's most popular resorts, Granada city centre can be reached within 25 minutes with the wonderful Alhambra palace and loads of other interesting buildings.
The village can be reached within 1 hour 20 minutes from Malaga airport, 1 hour 50 minutes from Almeria Airport , 2 hours 15 minutes from Murcia airport and just 25 minutes from Granada airport.
The village has two small grocery shops, two bars/restaurants, a bakery, a tobacconist and a very beautiful old church.
If you are after a peaceful relaxing, bit of real Spain then this is the area to visit, you will not be disappointed.
Golf: There are three golf courses within 25 minutes drive, Santa Clara being the closest, just 15 minutes drive. Los Moriscos is located on the coast approx 25 minutes away. Granada golf club is located south of Granada approx 25 minutes away.
These 3 coursesrepresent and offer very good value for money, all the usual hire facilities are available at reasonable rates.
Ski: The ski resort of the Sierra Navada can be reached by car within 50 minutes from Melegis village, parking is very easy and costs around 8 euro per day, all ski equipment can be rented from a selection of shops, the ski season normally runs from last week in November to mid April.
We ski here every year, it is much cheaper than other European resorts and the sun nearly always shines, it is also nice to get back down into the village after a long days skiing.
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Young Married couple with 3 very energetic kids, we use our large Spanish home 4 or 5 times a year and have done from the day we bought it, we spend new year in Melegis and love to experience the 3 kings parade and colourful celebrations, we spend weeks in the summer and we go skiing, Yes Skiing every 17th of march for the week, the ski slopes of the Sierra Navada can be reached by car within 50 minutes, fantastic skiing in bright sunshine, need to experience it to believe it.
Why the Owner Chose Melegís, Granada, Spain:
If you want peace and quiet and recharge your batteries , full south east facing patio with pool and shade if you require, sun all day long on patio from 9am to 7pm , spacious and secure patio with railings and double lockable gates, great for kids , your own orange tree in the patio for fresh orange juice each morning, 5 good sized bedrooms with beautiful views and a/c to dinning area and master bedroom, free WiFi Internet Access throughout the house and patio area.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Uniquely located in the Lecrin Valley ( valley of happiness ) Melegis is a small very 'Spanish' village, 25 minutes from the beaches of Motril & Salobrena, 25 minutes from the beautiful and tourist city of Granada with the Alhambra Palace and loads of Tapas bars and restaurants, less than 10 minute walk through the orange and lemon groves down to Lake Beznar and all approx 1 hr 25mins from Malaga or less than 2 hrs from Almeria.
- Primary: +44 7736211299
Links to more information:
South Facing Pool & Patio
Casa Epfal Large South Facing Pool & Patio
Master B/Room , A/C & Balcony to Pool
Dinning Area c/w A/C & Open Fire
Great Views From The House
Fresh Orange Juice From Your Own Tree
First Floor Hallway with Marble Floors
Dinning on the Patio
Enjoying the Pool & Sunshine
Typical Spanish Kitchen
View From A Couple of The Rooms
Lake Beznar- 8 min walk
Ski resort- 50 mins by car
- Response time Within a few days
- Response rate 10%
- Calendar last updated 06/03/2016
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.