Obidos Lagoon - Fabulous 3 bedroom villa with heated Private Pool
- english, french, spanish, portuguese
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
The villa was NOT suitable for our holiday regarding UNACCEPTABLE BEDS! Slept on box springs !.
We went for relaxation and a rest to celebrate our 50 th wedding anniversary . Our son and his wife celebrating their 25th.
THE BEDS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE by any standards!! The mattress on all beds is basically a box spring, very hard and no padding at all. We collected every blanket we could find and placed them underneath us for at least some softness..for two weeks we suffered sore joints and even felt bruising. It was very bad!
The evening we arrived it was dark and the light was burned out above front door. We spoke with representative the next day. She actually came to visit and we lodged complaints about lightbulbs out, hard beds, broken sink in kitchen, and nothing was corrected or repaired over our stay.
We loved the home but the owner needs to do some maintenance and make sure it is really up to standards that his guests expect in Europe. In travel a comfortable bed is a MUST ! A pillow topper for the beds is a good way to correct the situation and a small price for Mr. Santos to make his villa a truly “home away” experience.
On the positive side we enjoyed the kitchen amenities, pool, and outdoor grill.
Thank you for the feedback, I’ve already placed an order for new mattresses for the villa.
This is not a 'Home Away' but an Awful Place to stay...
We hope that future guests will be treated better than we were. And that the following list of issues will be solved:
- The house has a very, very bad smell, especially in the downstairs bedroom, we guess from heavy molding. You can’t sleep in this bedroom; also the mattress of this bed is horrible.
- The roller-blinds in every (bath)room are molded. Roller-blinds are broken and can’t be rolled up.
- All beds have very old and cranky mattresses. It makes you worry about the quality of the duvets.
- The sofa’s in the living room are dirty and smelly, you will find crusts and dirt between cushions and the smell of sweat...
- There is only one floor-lamp and it is broken, the cap is missing, you have to do with a clear lightbulb.
- There is no other nice furniture, only basics. The nice stuff other people reviewed about is not there (anymore).
- The hot water kettle is broken and causes a short circuit. You have to cook your tea water in a saucepan.
- The laundry machine stinks, so does your laundry. The machine is therefore unusable.
- The dishwasher only opens after you run the program three (!) times. You will have to do the dishes by hand.
- There is very basic lighting in the whole house, lamps are broken or removed. We had to put a bedside lamp downstairs every evening to create a bit more cozy atmosphere.
- There are hardly any places or holders for clothes, towels etc. in the bathrooms. While showering you have to keep your towel waiting on the floor...
- The showerboard in the shower contains dirt from God knows who and when…
- The sun umbrella in the garden is completely broken and can’t be used.
Nothing was mended or replaced during our stay, although we complained from the first day.
In fact, it is a shame that some people don’t have the decency to be honest. Fortunately the majority of our guests are not looking for a “freebie” nor a discount at arrival.
Through out the spring and summer months prior to this stay all the reviews and feedback from our guests were always incredible, 4 and 5 star!!! All the guests that stayed since have all given impeccable reviews and enjoyed the villa, as it is. This means something…
We’ll let future guests decide, on their own, if your review is true or just a desperate attempt to get money back…
Très calme, très propre et tres agréable
Le petit bémol je dirai le matelas qui sont un peu raid mais sinon tout été très bien
Modernes Haus, viel Platz, entspannte Ferien
Alles gut organisiert, empfehlenswerr
Très belle villa
Nous avons beaucoup apprécié le calme, l agencement ,les grandes pièces , le barbecue et la piscine, si nous devrions refaire une maison ce serait un modèle.
La seule remarque que nous pourrions faire et pour la salle du bain du bas , il faudrait rajouter un rangement.
Belle et spacieuse maison qui est cependant très isolée.
Maison spacieuse avec tout le nécessaire pour passer de bonnes vacances même si le micro-onde ne fonctionnait pas.
Beaucoup de choses à faire : un véhicule est indispensable car le logement est assez isolé. ( loin des supermarchés, boulangerie...)
Nous y sommes allés en mai et avons demandé de chauffée la piscine qui était à température Parfaite à notre arrivée.
Le seul bémol, c’est le manque de rangement dans la salle de bain du rdc et celle de la chambre avec les lits jumeaux. Par manque, il faut entendre aucun.
Ceci dit, nous avons passé une excellente semaine.