About the property
- House4006 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Beautifully landscaped large home - directly up the hill from Walnut St Bridge
This is the largest vacation rental in North Chattanooga and certainly one of the nicest. When you consider the combination of location, luxury, parking, privacy, security, comfort, size and the added advantage of having the owners next door available to help you with anything you need, we are simply unrivaled. This is a very unique property and we are proud of the home we provide our guests and go out of our way to add personalized touches that make this home more than just a nice vacation rental. We are told over and over that even though the sights of Chattanooga are exceptional, one of the biggest highlights was coming back to our home each day. Whether relaxing on the porch, swinging in a hammock, cooking out on one of the grills, watching a movie on one of the 9 flat screen tv's or just relaxing with friends and family with the appropriate amount of space for everyone... we have you covered. Our property is like a private complex in the middle of North Chattanooga -- really one of a kind.
SUMMER SPECIALS!! One Free night added to any rental of 3 nights or more and 2 free nights added to any rental of 5 nights or more at regular pricing (not including special event dates)
This is a large home on a huge landscaped property. Even though it was built in 2003, the home appears to be an early 1900's home, due to the architectural style, especially that of front porch. There are 5 large bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths throughout the home, 2 "converted" formal rooms / activity centers (explained below), large modern kitchen with granite countertops and all amenities, another living area / TV room with gas fireplace, a HUGE wrap around porch overlooking a uniquely landscaped property, a screened in porch with wood burning fireplace and a bar area with wine fridge, downstairs an additional kitchenette with attached outdoor patio. The home is decorated throughout with beautiful paintings by an artist in owner's family (mother/mother in law). There are 9 flat screen TV's throughout the home with Smart TV access on almost every TV. We have an immense DVD and music library for our guests, along with billiards, table tennis and several outdoor games. We have hammocks, tree swings, fire pits and outdoor grill and outdoor smoker. There are sitting areas in different areas of the landscaped properties.
Our preference is to rent out the entire home at all times, but if your group is 8 - 10 or less and you only want to rent out the top part of the home (Main House) or your group is 6 or less and you only want to rent out the bottom part, this is possible with special request.
Please know that we can accommodate all group sizes and you simply need to specifically request it based on your needs and we will explain exactly how to accommodate your group, assuming the dates are available.
Breakdown of rooms in the Main House:
- All bedrooms are on the 3rd level of the house, with new carpeting for comfort and noise reduction.
- Large master bedroom with King Bed, huge master bath with shower and jetted whirlpool tub and large walk-in closet. This bedroom also has large flat screen TV with smart TV functions and cable.
- 2nd bedroom is a converted "master" bedroom with King Bed and a connecting double vanity bathroom with shower and tub combo. This bedroom has been uniquely painted by a local artist, with a forest scene covering the wall. This room has a small flat screen TV with cable.
- The 3rd bedroom is yet another bedroom with a King Bed, to accommodate a 3rd couple or to sleep a couple of children. This is also a large bedroom with room for 2 rollaway beds (provided upon request) and the potential to sleep 4 in this room alone. This room has lots of shelving space and a huge closet. We will have a small flat screen with DVD player in this bedroom.
- The laundry room is conveniently located near the bedrooms on the 3rd floor and you have a front loading washer and dryer at your disposal throughout the stay. All detergent and fabric softeners are provided for your convenience.
- A formal living area converted into a kid's center / sleeping area. We will have a large flat screen with DVD player, smart TV functions (Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu, etc...) along with the ability for your kids to hook up their gaming options to this TV (or any other TV for that matter). This room will have a Queen sized sofa bed and up to 2 mini-sofas that convert into full sized beds (sleeps up to 4 in this room)
PLEASE NOTE: I have read many reviews from other rental properties where some families are very appreciative that Xbox or Playstation is provided. We're taking a chance and going the other way on that. We're betting that many parents would prefer for their kids to focus a little bit on the vacation in a beautiful place rather than having the possible angst of having to get them off of video games so that they can get them to the river or the festival or the zipline! Thus, if you want the gaming options for the kids, please consider bringing what makes your kid happy and hooking it up to one of the many flat screens.
- The 2nd room conversion is a formal dining space into an informal living space with large flat screen TV with Smart TV functions, including Sling TV, which brings many live HD channels. This room will have another Queen sized sofa bed with a couple of comfortable chairs and an office desk. This room could be another bedroom if needed or just a sitting area separate from the kids area.
- The main living area is connected to the kitchen and has yet another flat screen tv with DVD player, smart TV, basic cable and Panasonic receiver with wonderful Bose surround sound system. We have an eclectic and immense CD music library on display to be used at your leisure with this stereo system. In addition, we have an extensive DVD collection at your disposal.
- Connected to this living area is a large, modern and fully furnished kitchen for all of your cooking and dining needs. There is a bar with wine fridge adjacent to the kitchen and a wonderful screened-in porch with wood burning fireplace attached to the dining area. We have seating for 8 around the main dining table and will provide an additional table and chairs for groups larger than 8 upon request.
- There is also a screened in porch / sitting area with wood burning fireplace connected to the kitchen area. Lovely place to sit, socialize and relax during much of the year.
- Upon request, we will provide access to a commercial treadmill and/or WaterRower, even though this usually isn't needed after walking around Chattanooga. Additionally, we will loan you 2 nice Trek bikes for free and give you information about anything you would possibly need or want to know in Chattanooga.
- Outdoors we have ample parking on our 2300 sq ft driveway and pretty much unlimited public parking on the streets around the property.
- We have sitting areas throughout the uniquely landscaped property, more than one unique fire-pit, a basketball goal and a recreation center 100 yards from the property, which has a baseball field and tennis court and wonderful children's play-ground.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- english, spanish
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 11, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
The house was beautiful and comfortable. It easily accommodated our large family for a long weekend. The kitchen was well supplied. We had everything we needed. The kids loved the huge number of matchbox cars! The owner, Mike, was friendly, accommodating and went above and beyond to meet every need. We would certainly love staying here again.
Thanks Marjie! Great having you guys, but it was so cold I hardly ever saw anybody outside! Hope to see you back here when there's better weather!
Outstanding property well maintained.
The owners went out of their way to make sure we had a good time.
Perfect Location, Fun Time Had By All
The house was perfect for our needs, three families consisting of 6 adults and 5 kids. We had a great time in Chattanooga and the house is in a prime location close to attractions, restaurants and stores. The kitchen and bathrooms were nicely stocked with enough towels, and dishes for all of us. I particularly loved the fact that there were toys available for the little ones...when my grandchildren found the "toy" closet...oh boy, they played in there for hours.
My one and only complaint would be that the dining room could not accommodate all of us at once but that would be a tall order I am sure.
The owner of the property, Mike, was very nice and greeted us upon arrival. I asked about Christmas decorations before arrival and he made sure to add some Christmas Cheer...it was very nice and greatly appreciated.
I would definitely recommend this property and if we ever find ourselves back in Chattanooga, I would not hesitate to rent again!
Our stay at mike's home was perfect. Mike's home is comfortable, clean, very large to accommodate a large family. He has the home supplied with everything that is needed for a holiday. Fun for us was having the multiple fireplaces - being Floridians, we rarely are able to see a burning fire. We are an active family and took advantage of the basketball net everyday - the kids had gunfights with all the toy guns all around the property - which by the way is nicely landscaped and fenced. All around we had a wonderful time.
We are a group of high school friends who get together in southern cities once a year..
We graduated in 1960 and this was our 10th "southern" reunion. We chose Chattanooga and found Mike and Cindy's gorgeous home on VRBO. It is all the description said and more. There were only 7 of us this year, but we had the main house and Garden Apt. Both were beautifully decorated and Cindy's mother's art work was amazing. Mike and Cindy were the greatest host and hostess and went above and beyond what anyone could expect. So many amenities are supplied that even though we were there 4 nights we could not take advantage of half of them. Three of the rooms we never spent time in. When we were at the house, and we weren't sleeping, we spent all our time in the kitchen/dining room and on the front porch. It was very relaxing and was just the type atmosphere we were looking for. It is just about 6 blocks down Forest Ave. to Coolidge Park where you can get the hop on hop off trolley, but we would suggest driving and parking in the parking lot. Walking down is doable, but walking back up is only for individuals in excellent shape.
We did the hop on hop off trolley which gives you an overview of what there is to see in Chattanooga. We do this in all the cities we have been to where it is available. They do not run very often because they only have 2 trolleys and when we were there they only had 1, so keep that in mind. We did the Incline Railway, Ruby Falls, the aquarium, the Imax theatre, and the River Gorge Explorer tour. We all felt we should have skipped the River Gorge boat ride. Clumpie's ice cream was great and if you pick up a coupon book you can buy one, get one half off.
Thanks Mike and Cindy for going out of your way to make this year in Chattanooga a memorable one.
What a great group! We got to spend more time with these guys than usual with guests and I can see how they've managed to stay together as good friends for all of these years. Super having you guys and hope to see you back here soon!
Every aspect delightful!
Mike is top notch at what he does to create a clean, welcoming, and extremely functional home for all to enjoy. The artwork alone keeps your head turning. Beds are great! The house floorplan is excellent for a large group! Beds, bathrooms, showers, this home has it all. The location is perfect for all that Chattanooga has to offer, so make sure your stay covers lots of days!!!!
He didn't have much control over one thing!!!!......The weather,......but his attention to our needs brought sunshine to all of us!! Thanks Mike!
Chattanooga is basically broken up into 2 touristic locations: 1) All of the downtown from the North Shore to the South Side and Chattanooga Choo Choo. 2) Lookout Mountain, which is incredibly beautiful and has Ruby Falls, Rock City, Hang-gliding, etc... I don't mean to leave Signal Mtn out, which is very beautiful, but it's really not a tourist destination per se. If you've done your research about Chattanooga at all, you know that the thriving downtown is where you MUST stay. Given, you need to take a trip up Lookout and Signal mountains if you have time, but the action is all around the Walnut St Bridge, which practically touches all of the top sights in downtown Chattanooga. Pretty much everything is within 1 mile of the Walnut St Bridge. The Hunter Art museum basically touches the bridge; the TN Aquarium is 200 yds from the bridge; the North Shore connects to the Bridge; Coolidge Park is directly under the Bridge. The Ironman goes over and under the Bridge; the Head of the Hooch all takes place directly under the Bridge; The Chattanooga Lookouts stadium is 500 yards from the Bridge. Again, you walk out of the front door of our property and walk down the hill and walk right onto the Bridge.... you don't even need to turn. Aside from being one of the most scenic cities in the US, Chattanooga boasts an almost unending stream of festivals, sporting events, musical events, and other exciting tourist offerings just a few hundred yards from our property. Here are some of the bigger ones: - Chattanooga Marathon - March 6-7 - Master your Garden Expo - April 9 - 10 - Chattanooga Lookouts - from April - October - SPARK - April 11 - 21 - 4 Bridges Art Festival - April 16 - 18 - Jazzanooga Festival - April 22 - 24 - Chattanooga Market - April 23 - till Thanksgiving every Sunday - Nightfall Concert Series begins - every Friday from May 6 - Aug 26 - 3 State / 3 Mountain Bicycle Challenge - May 6 - 8 - WhoFest - Folk Art Festival - May 11 - 12 - Ironman 70.3 (half Ironman) May 22 - 24 - Riverbend - June 10 - 18 - 4th of July Festival at Coolidge Park - July 3-5 - Southern Brewers Festival - Aug 22 - Little Debbie Ironman - Sep 23 - 25 - 3 Sisters Bluegrass Festival - Sep 30 - Oct 1 - Wine over Water Festival - October 1 - RiverRocks - 10 days in October (TBA) - 7 Bridges Marathon - October 14 - 16 - Head of the Hooch Regatta - Nov 4 - 6