This is wild unspoiled Wales and with the exception of the local bakery, little has changed since ancient times. A steep mountain stream runs under a small bridge on the lane that connects the cottage to the road network. A small convenience store is a short stroll away and a traditional pub 'The Royal Oak' 5 minutes on foot. Just over a mile away is the highly recommended fine dining experience of 'The Slate' restaurant and bar at Tal y Bont. There is one small farm, a church and just 4 more cottages in close proximity with the remainder towering mountains, open fields and marshland for miles around.
Green Cottage is perfect for couples, a family of 4 or 2 couples sharing the property. There are 2 bedrooms and the usual configuration of the beds is a double in one and twins in the other. A cot and a high chair is standard equipment as is all bedding and towels for up to 4 guests. The bedrooms are separated by a short landing and the bathroom, equipped with electric shower and double ended bath, is positioned off the same landing. Downstairs is the impressive inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove that’s in the centre of the very cozy living room. Off the living room is the essential porch for storage of muddy boots and coats. The fully equipped kitchen is a very light and generous space that easily accommodates up to 4 adults seated at an elephant's foot solid oak dining table. Rear garden area is fully enclosed and very private. Perfect for bbq's, eating out or just catching the sun as it's all south facing.
High speed wifi is an essential part of the cottage equipment and full central heating is provided at no extra charge.
The following are additional elements of the cottage location that make it a fabulous base for a holiday in this area:
* This area has by far the highest concentration of outdoor activities available to the visitor than any other part of the UK
* The famous Zip World experience is just 3 miles away
* Cottage is located at the lower end of the Ogwen Valley so a short drive gets you right into the famous mountaineering sections of Tryfan and the Glyders
* White water kayaking at the River Ogwen is only 2 miles away
* Access to the Carneddau mountain range right from the cottage doorstep
* Short drives to no less than 3 medieval castles at Conwy, Beaumaris and Caernarfon and one National Trust stately home Penrhyn Castle (5 minutes by car)
* 15 minute car drives to the Island of Anglesey with its famous Telford Supension Bridge and Blue Flag beaches
* Good range of local takeaways at the nearby town of Bethesda
* 'The Slate' restaurant 2 miles away in Tal y Bont village super food and just a short taxi ride back to Green Cottage.
* Tesco Express shop 3 miles away
* 8 minute drive to University City of Bangor
* 20 minute drive to the Victorian Seaside resort of Llandudno
* 20 minute drive to Conwy
* 20 minute drive to Caernarfon
* 5 minutes by car to the main A55 Expressway (Chester in 60 minutes)