Waterfront HRL 2 bedrooms 1 bath, Nice waterside deck.
Candace Morris Shore
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
For the money, this property was a good find. The interior was sparkly clean and everything was in working order. It appeared to be fairly well stocked with a few exceptions. There was only one wash cloth. We purchased 4 and left them for the next guest. We would have loved a pizza pan and another couple blankets for the beds would have been nice.
The outside of the house needs TLC. All the decking needs replaced, but is functional except stairs leading to water. Those are beyond salvageable and are unsafe.
The only issues we had were with check in and check out. We did not receive the code for the door in advance as promised and the cleaning crew showed up a day early. Both issues were resolved quickly.
Great host great house
Nice and peaceful!
My husband and I went there to fish. In just three and a half days we caught close to 100 fish plus 5 turtles all on back pier and along the woods.
Shad was running to we were catching large mouth, stripe and hybrid bass. Yellow and white perch bluegill,and catfish. All different sizes. There is a poontoon paddle boat chained and locked to the pier which was in the way.I had no intentions of using boat but would have been nice if I could have parked it out of our way.and moved back when we left. The pier does have some soft spots which will need repair eventually. The house ain't much to look at from the outside but the inside makes up for it. Plenty of room. Tv was crap and no wifi. Wasn't able to post my pics of fish till on way home which was a bummer for me. So if u plan on taking kids be sure to bring your own intertainment. Netflix would not load antenna tv which was going in and out.got cold out at night so we didn't fish plus they quit bitting. Would have been nice to snuggle up on couch with some good tv. Kitchen was stocked pretty good. Good pizza place inside convenience store called the new yorker down the road.pretty clean place except for the ceiling fans,pretty dusty. Other than that it was a fabulous trip.would consider staying again.
It was wonderful
We enjoyed our stay however the dryer needs to replaced and the front porch. My boys had a great time fishing and swimming. Tv kept stalling but that was ok, we werent there for the TV. There were lots of dishes and other items in pantry for use if needed. None of the neighbors bothered us and it was really quite. We drove to Concord for shopping which was nice. The Candy Factory was a nice treat and Pebbles Beach.
My family and I really enjoyed ourselves. The home was cute and comfortable, especially the chaise sofa. The decks are a bit old and rickety but it was a nice and quiet spot in the cove with plenty of wildlife to watch like heron and the fish were always biting. I would recommend removing the little bench by the swing outside, I’m afraid it would crumble if someone sat on it. Would come back again for sure. Thanks!!
Cozy, clean and cute!
- This property worked out amazing for us as we didn't rent it for the lake, but for the purpose of being closer to family as we are from out of town. We had three adults and three children (1,4,6).
- We enjoyed seeing the ducks every morning across the lake.
- The kids LOVED the trundle daybed in the living room. It was nice to pull out at bedtime and yet slide back away during the day so we didn't have to keep walking around it.
- Nice soft linens and towels provided!
- For a small space it is very open and the kids were able to have room to play games and the baby could crawl around.
- Decor was so cute! We loved looking at the different fish and the map.
- There is a really good pizza place 4 minutes away (The New Yorker) it was very yummy!
- The Netflix's network was finicky, but since we brought our own DVDs and the WIFI was good it wasn't that big of an issue for us.
- My son locked us out of the bathroom, I would just recommend a key or screw driver be accessible for those accidents such as this.
- No toaster and oven runs higher than actual temperature. I learned this and had to turn it down about 25 degrees when I made things.
We recommend this place and can't wait to stay again!