Lovely, sunny, private home in safe, quiet, neighborhood. Our house includes sleeping space for four people in a bedroom and large study. (A second bedroom is not available because it is used as a locked storage space for the owners.) The house is only available for three weeks, 8-18-18 to 9-7-18. Rent is $220/night, with a minimal rental period of ten days. Discount for longer stays.
• Includes utilities, including high-speed internet and landline phone
• Charming interior, hardwood floors, fully furnished, and equipped, including dishwasher and laundry washer and dryer
• Front and back yard (fenced) are beautifully landscaped.
• 10-15 minute walk to University of California, downtown Berkeley Theater District, Telegraph and College Avenues, both popular shopping and dining areas
• Ten minute walk to two large, popular, full-service food markets
• Close to bus lines and B.A.R.T (train) transportation to various parts of the East Bay and San Francisco
The Upstairs Bedroom has a queen bed with a firm mattress and a soft mattress topper. The Study has high speed internet, a sectional couch, two single aerobeds, treadmill, exercise equipment, steam iron, ironing board, and entertainment system. The upstairs bathroom includes a large claw-foot tub and shower. The first floor includes a large dining room and living room with a piano, guitar, fireplace, full kitchen, breakfast nook, and half bathroom with a toilet and sink.
We have worked over the last 30 years to maintain, improve and beautify our home, so we are looking for orderly tenants. The cleaning fee is $140. The security deposit is $2,000. Several families with children of various ages live on our street. We take care of and watch out for our neighborhood and our neighbors. Bus transport is one block away. B.A.R.T. trains to various parts of the East Bay and to San Francisco are a 15 minute walk from the house.
Berkeley is a 15minute drive to San Francisco and 15 minute drive to miles of beautiful hiking trails in the Berkeley and Oakland Hills. We are walking distance away from the University of California, one of the most renowned university campuses in the world. Berkeley, San Francisco, and the University of California offer many cultural, social, and political events. Our part of town is flat and walkable. We also have two bicycles. Let us know if you are interested in using them.
We are a 45 minute drive from Muir Woods in Marin County, an hour and 15 minutes from the Point Reyes National Seashore, and a 3-5 hour drive from the Sierra Mountains, Mammoth Lakes, and Yosemite National Park.