This modern log cabin is nestled in a 6 acre partially wooded lot in the heartland of Wisconsin. The Lodge is surrounded by thousands of acres of public hunting and fishing lands, wild life abounds. A five minute walk will put you on the locally famous "Ice Age Trail" which travels for hundreds of miles through beautiful forests, woodlands, lakes and glens. Snow mobile and ATV trails pass close by. If you like the outdoors you will love it here. Paul.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay3 nights
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Sep 18, 2018
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date.
Great family gathering place!
Great experience - Paul could not be there, but he contacted us before the stay and during to make sure we had everything we needed. Gathered with our 4 adult children and families - enough room for us to sprawl out, but cozy enough for evenings of board games and great conversation. Biking the quiet country roads with great scenery was wonderful. Thank you for sharing your home!
Nicer Than The Photos Show
I stayed at Paul's log home for about two and a half weeks and we had a good stay:
- The rustic, log cabin style of the home is really beautiful and the craftsmanship is amazing. Everyone that came over thought it was beautiful and a couple mentioned they wanted to look into renting it for a long weekend in the future.
- As some of the other reviews said, it's much larger and nicer in person than it shows in the photos. There are three bedrooms with queen beds and a loft with 3 twin beds. There's also an office / den room in the back with a pull out futon.
- The kitchen is large and has everything you need.
- The home has a nice balance of being where you can't see any of the neighbors and you feel you have privacy, while still having some neighbors nearby so you don't feel completely in the middle of nowhere.
- It has a beautiful wraparound porch that goes around 3/4 of the house.
There were a few drawbacks though:
- While most of the home and bedrooms are empty so you can unpack and settle in, the kitchen was pretty full and it was hard to find space in cabinets.
- It was pretty warm while we were there and there were a lot of bees and flies in the house, especially the back room. We killed around 150 flies and 50 bees inside the house while we were there.
- The bees were much worse on the porch to the point where you could only go out on the porch at night when it cooled off and they were less active.
- There were droppings on the floor in the back room that apparently were bat droppings. We never saw a bat in the house though and Paul mentioned afterward that he's working on blocking the attic so they don't get inside.
- A couple of times while we were there Paul asked to come into the basement to drop some things off, and he and his wife spent a night in a camper in the side yard. They weren't really a big deal but did take away some of the privacy.
Some old friends and I had our yearly getaway, and this year we went to Paul's cabin. We had a good number of people so I was worried that there wasn't going to be enough room. But, the cabin is larger and roomier than pictures make it seem. But beyond the size, it's just a cool place with it's rustic decor, etc. It is very secluded, and beyond the cabin, the entire property is big. We had plenty of room to play our bocce ball and chuck the frisbee around. And with no neighbors in sight, I got more of sense of being "away from it all" than previous places we have rented. The amenities were nice as well. Firepit, grill, smoker(!). We made a lot of food and the kitchen served us well.
Also, Paul was very responsive to my questions and very accommodating. I highly recommend this cabin.
Wonderful place to stay!!!
This is a great cabin! Lots of room, plenty of beautifully updated bathrooms, and an open floorplan that made it really wonderful for our family to all be together. Be aware that one of the bedrooms is an open loft with 3 single beds. It's just nice to know that, I know it was good for us to know that for planning ahead. The yard is nice and big with plenty of space for yard games, and secluded from neighbors. Perfect for our family to gather for a long weekend! We also enjoyed the lakes that were nearby. Our kids and grandchildren loved it too!
Amazing Cabin Experience!
The pictures of this cabin definitely don't do it justice! Beautiful, cozy interior with high ceilings that make the living room feel extra spacious. Paul is an amazing host; he was extremely accommodating and made sure that we had everything we needed for our 3 night stay. The only thing that was a tad disappointing to us was that the cabin is really only 3 bedrooms- the 4th bedroom is actually a loft area right next to the main stairway and open to the living room, so there was no privacy for a friend in our group. The loft is exposed to all the noise from the main part of the house.
However, we all had an extremely cozy weekend! The house is located in a wonderful spot that is far from other homes and any noise, but still a short drive to small towns, snow tubing, skiing, etc. It was the perfect getaway weekend for our group! Would definitely recommend this cabin!
Wonderful Cabin....Everything I expected and MORE!!!
Our stay was fantastic in every way! I would recommend this cabin to anyone who wants a home away from home. The owner is extremely responsive to questions, directions, etc. and the personal attention was important to me, as we arrived in time for a 10" plus snowfall. He took great care of all our needs and it was greatly appreciated. Clean, well kept, great fireplace, and we did absolutely NOTHING for (3) days. Thank You Paul. Merry Christmas to you and your entire family.