The Sherwood Chalet is the perfect getaway for those seeking the quintessential mountain escape in a spectacular setting. Recently remodeled, with design and comfort in mind, guests will be thrilled with the brand new gourmet kitchen, baths, and mountain furnishings.
The main level has a very open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, large dining area with seating for 10, and a deluxe kitchen for entertaining. The Great Room's cozy wood stove and flat-screen TV/DVD can be enjoyed from the leather sofa and arm chairs. All three bedrooms are located downstairs, including the master bedroom with en-suite bath and private back deck. The two guest bedrooms share a full bath between them.
All this, and the location is ideal for fishing, hiking, biking, and of course skiing! Take your pick between acres of back country trails, or jump on the Sherwood chairlift, less than a mile away!!! Check out more about this neighborhood below!
SILVER LEVEL PROPERTY
• 1828 Square Feet
• Mountain Views
• Playstation3 / Blu Ray DVD player
• Gas Fireplace
• Amazon FireTV (streaming Internet TV)
• Exclusive access to parking near the Sherwood Chairlift
• Tennis Court (Summer Only)
ABOUT THE AREA
Located on the West Shore, halfway between Homewood and Tahoe City, lies a little known area of the west shore, the Alpine Peak and Ward Canyon subdivison. Located about 5 miles from the lake in Blackwood Canyon, homes in this area features seclusion, homeowners tennis courts and easy access to the back of Alpine Meadows ski area. Somewhat isolated and secluded, this area is great for the wilderness enthusiast, mountain adventurer or someone truly looking to just escape from it all.
In the summer, you’ll find Sunnyside Resort and Marina and William Kent Shoreline are about a 5 mile drive away. William Kent beach is situated in a wooded setting and offers picnic tables and grills with views across Lake Tahoe of the eastern shoreline. Next door, Sunnyside Resort is a favorite year round lakeside dining option. However, guests won't need to venture far to enjoy the outdoors as great trails for hiking and mountain biking may be found just outside your door!
The location is unlike any other in Tahoe. The house is nestled in the middle of National Forest land stretching for acres both in front and behind the home, providing a stunning retreat setting. The Tahoe Rim Trial runs right behind the house, just a 10 minute walk away with some of the best hiking, mountain biking, and cross country skiing in the area, including Paige Meadows and Twin Peaks. You also have easy access to Ward Creek for fishing and Lake Tahoe is only minutes from the home. Best of all, the Sherwood Chairlift on the backside of Alpine Meadows is less than a mile from the house. The neighborhood has exclusive access to a private parking lot literally next to the chairlift so you can be on the mountain in seconds!
POLICIES & DISCLOSURES:
1. This property is in a very high snow load area, 4WD is highly recommended.
2. Internet service in Ward Canyon is known to be slow and problematic; particularly during bad weather. Refunds will not be made for service interruption.
3. Sorry, no pets. Strictly enforced as Owner has allergies.
4. Summer 2018 - Construction is taking place at a nearby property. Noise and nuisance likely in the coming months.
* All of our homes feature a full kitchen, washer and dryer, outdoor grill, and wireless internet (any exceptions will be noted in above).