“Les 4 Vents” is our stunning home in the pretty and popular village of Cotignac in the green heart of Provence, France. Set in 3 acres of land (1.2 ha) the modern house has more than 320 sq. m (3445 sq. ft) of space and is filled with Russian art and Provencal wooden furniture to add charm. It contains 6 double en-suite bedrooms, and a large self-contained studio flat, there is plenty of room for one or two families or a large group of friends.
From the moment you enter through the wrought iron gates held by two stone pillars and drive down the gravel drive, you will know that you have arrived somewhere special. The large stone staircase flanked by large potted oleanders leads you up to the antique front door surrounded by young olive trees to make you feel welcome immediately. As you enter the front door you will see straight into the living room with its oversized wood burning stove and two large Danish designer sofas. The living room is connected to the large kitchen/diner by an open staircase and the two rooms together are the heart of the home in Spring, Autumn and Winter. Double doors from the living room lead onto a large uncovered terrace, wonderful for a simple breakfast in Summer, and there is a large covered terrace, overlooking the infinity pool and the valley, accessed from the kitchen. This is where most of the family meals take place, when the weather allows, at our two large granite tables and with a barbecue.
From the hallway there is access to a WC and stairs lead down to the lower level, which contains 5 en-suite double bedrooms and storage. Accessing the pool area from either the upper terrace or by exiting any of the bedrooms you will find an additional double bedroom, a large self-contained and beautifully furnished studio flat with room for 4, as well as the heart of the house in Summer: the pool house.
The 60 sq. m (645 sq. ft) open pool house has a complete kitchen with everything you need and dining space for 16 people. There is also a bathroom and shower, as well as an outdoor rainforest shower. There is a large entertaining space surrounding the salt water 18 x 7.5m infinity pool with far reaching views across the valley to the mountains on the other side of the village. On the covered terrace adjoining the master bedroom and bedroom number 2 there is an outdoor living room with sofas and tables. We have wooden sun loungers, deck chairs and a hammock as well as a smaller outdoor dining table hidden under a huge adjustable parasol. Naturally, you will also find a large Weber barbecue in the outdoor kitchen.
We are currently in the process of continuing the upgrades that we started last year and will continue to add new luxurious features to the house every year. Right now we’re planting loads of new trees, bushes and shrubs including oleander, yuccas, agaves, pittosporum, rosemary, lavender, acacia, almond, and more olive trees to add to our existing olive grove and garden, which has been landscaped caringly over the last 10 years. We are also planting various climbers and other varieties. We are also building a semi-private garden with seating outside one of the bedrooms to complement the outdoor living room on the opposite side of the building. The garden will be done by the beginning of April.
The long driveway holds plenty of cars and doubles as a boules/petanque court and there is also a three car carport.
The property will be available for rentals from June 3rd, 2017.
- 6 double en-suite bedrooms, all with power showers, cupboards, a desk and a chair
- Large self-contained studio flat with a double bed and a double sleeper sofa. The small kitchen contains a fridge, Nespresso machine, toaster, electric kettle, and a two burner vitroceramic hob
- Fantastic pool area with 18 x 7.5m infinity edge saltwater pool
- Pool house with a full kitchen (see below), a kitchen island with 4 bar stools and dining space for 16 people
- Two full kitchens – one inside and one out in the pool house. Both have an American style fridge/freezer, an oven, a hob (vitroceramic in the indoor kitchen and a 2 burner induction hob in the pool house), a brand new Siemens dishwasher, a Nespresso machine, an electric kettle, a toaster, granite worktops and a large double or outsize sink. There is also a Weber barbecue outside both kitchens
- Stunning views over valley and mountain, as well as being surrounded by 3 acres of land with an olive grove
- Reversible (i.e. hot and cold) remote controlled air conditioning, making it ideal for year round use
- Underfloor heating in living room and kitchen/dining area
- Two covered terraces and one uncovered. The two covered terraces function as an outdoor dining area with two large granite tables put together, and the other as a living room with sofas and coffee tables
- Free Wi-Fi
- Three flat screen televisions (lounge, master bedroom and studio flat) with DVD players and Apple TV
- Sonos multi-room sound system and a portable Cambridge Audio unit for outside
- Cornilleau outdoor table tennis table
- Games for the pool area to keep kids and adults alike entertained and a hammock for when you just need to relax
- Outside bathroom and outdoor rainforest shower
- Boules/petanque court
- Landscaped grounds
- Games, DVD and book library
- Large Invicta wood burning oven in the lounge
- 3 car carport
- Potentially access to a car
- Gym equipment including kettle bells, abs trainer, mats, step, and a Swiss ball. From September 2017 the house will also have a stationary bike and a cross trainer