Cosy, just refurbished Victorian apartment opens onto leafy and secluded shared garden, in quiet side street beside restored Union Canal. Immaculate small kitchen with integrated appliances, cosy living room and spacious bedroom. Ground floor access, wifi and on street parking. My place is good for couples, business travellers, and small families.
-Built in hob, oven,dishwasher and fridge freezer, toaster, kettle, coffee machine,
- Plenty of crockery and utensils
-Tea, coffee and fruit provided
- Walk in 'utility' area with washing machine and microwave.
Living room with tall French windows and wooden floor:
- The new sofa bed converts to a small double bed. With pocket springs it's comfortable and robust enough for prolonged use.
- Dining space for 2 or 4, and you can watch the birds or the squirrels while enjoying a leisurely meal or curling up on our comfy seating.
- Intenet capable TV, Catch up TV, free Netflix and
- High speed WiFi.
- Fitted carpet
- Built in wardrobe with loads of storage space and traditional wooden shutters and curtains.
- New Victorian style mahogany double bed with sprung mattress and high quality bedding.
-Linen and towels provided
- High pressure electric shower and traditional bath.
- Toilet and handbasin.
- Swings and numerous hidden corners for children to explore. Table and chairs for eating out provided in apartment.
Check in time is flexible. The keys are on site in a locked box at the entrance. I'll give you details for accessing this nearer your arrival.
Any problems or queries you have while you're at the flat can be dealt with promptly by my nearby co-host, whose name and contact details I'll supply you with later.
Flying in -
Bus - direct bus route from Edinburgh airport on number 35 bus (45-60 mins). Alight at Fountainbridge and walk 700 metres up Viewforth.
Or - Express airport bus (no 100) to Haymarket mainline station. (20 mins) Walk 15 minutes or take a taxi
Coming by train -
Edinburgh Waverley main station - take no 34 bus to Fountainbridge and walk 700 metres up Viewforth.
Haymarket station - Walk 15 minutes or take a taxi
Driving - There is metered on street parking right outside, which is free at weekends (5.30pm Friday to 8.30am Monday).
There are many bus routes into the city centre and you will be there in 10 minutes. Or walk 15 minutes along the canal towpath to reach Lothian Road, and from there Edinburgh Castle, and other landmarks.
-no 10 bus from Gilmore Place, junction with Viewforth,
-no 34 bus from Fountainbridge
National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Royal Yacht Britannia
- no 35 bus from Fountainbridge
National Galleries of Scotland, The Meadows, Botanic Gardens
- no 27 bus from Gilmore Place, junction with Viewforth