Studio apartment No.2 is nice and light accessed from the rear of the property overlooking the beautiful hills, looking down to the coast. With a patio area complete with table and chairs for sitting outside at the end of a long day exploring this amazing region.
The pool is shared, but check with us prior to booking as sometimes the guests at the Villa pay to have it private
Inside the apartment there is a shower bathroom, a bedroom with a double bed and a small kitchen with a table and chairs. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything you need to prepare that family breakfast or evening meal. There is even a washing machine to reduce the amount of clothes and luggage you will need to take, with today’s airline charges saving just one case is worth it!
When you arrive there will be a small welcome pack waiting for you, a few essentials to make the first few hours less stressful and allowing you to settle in.
Within the bedroom we have a TV, Bluray/DVD player and Internet TV. If you prefer the sound of your own music, an ipod/MP3 music system is included.
We include bedding and towels for your stay, there is everything you will need in our house to make you feel at home and enable you to have a wonderful holiday.
We can add a fold up bed for a child if required or a travel cot for a baby.
Cómpeta is a beautiful village of white-washed houses in the Andalusian mountains not far from the sea in Southern Spain. With its 4,000 inhabitants, the village stands for friendly people, breath-taking views, exciting time spent, peaceful evenings, delicious food and wine and traditional Spanish festivities where everybody can join in. The location of Cómpeta about 18km from the Mediterranean Sea and the proximity to the Parque Natural de la Sierra Tejeda y Almijara give holiday-makers and residents alike many options to spend eventful days: hiking, horse riding, sunbathing, beach days and playing golf. People of every age will find something to their taste. Many people discover the area as their favourite holiday destination and come back regularly to enjoy a relaxing or active break from the routine at home.
The regions offers many attractions and we recommend you explore:
• Cómpeta and its pretty winding streets on a walk and its tranquil feeling;
• Local, national and international dishes in a local bar when letting life go by; arts & crafts shops around town and in the other villages dotted around the region; the regional beaches and calm waters;
• The hustle & bustle of the coastal towns such as Nerja, Torre del Mar and Almuñécar;
• The beautiful and lively city of Malaga; the numerous picturesque old towns combined with shopping;
• A nearby waterpark close to Malaga; the national parks with their scenic hikes that you can easily reach from Cómpeta and surrounding villages; activities such as kayaking, rafting, guided walks or 4x4 tours.
Cómpeta has its own charm: in the evening after a day out, you can stroll through the village and relax in one of the many bars or restaurants with a glass of local wine and a local dish. Cómpeta becomes alive in the evening and you may just be tempted to go for a dance at one of the local parties with a muscatel wine; this wine has been produced here for centuries
There is a local bus service from Malaga to Competa, however we suggest hiring a car and driving there is the best option. However, if you prefer, we can help arrange a taxi service to take you from the airport or Malaga train station.
The closest airport is Malaga. Cómpeta is around one hour's drive from Malaga airport. You can hire a car at the airport. There is also a public bus which runs between Cómpeta and Malaga a number of times a day. You don’t need a car but having a car, will make you more flexible when exploring the area and all its beauty.
The apartment sits on the same plot as our 3 bedroom villa, we dedicate the heated pool to the villa. If the villa isn't occupied during your stay you will be allowed access to the pool
Interaction with guests
Our house is managed for us by a local company and we can arrange for you to be met at the property or simply let you collect the keys. If you encounter any difficulties, an information pack is provided with full contact details for our management company.
1. property previously on Airbnb as Casa Libertad is is the same property
2. We reserve the right for this unit to be advertised elsewhere at different prices due to the varying fees each website charge the owner
3. The patio is shared please respect the other guests
4. Please ensure you message us before booking to check that all facilities are available during your stay and not booked by another unit
5. Electricity – All our units have coin operated electric meters. We add enough electricity credit into the meter for you over your stay for normal use. However some people do not show the properties they visit the correct level of respect and abuse the facilities we provide. People will leave the washing machines on or the air conditioning on full for all day, this isn’t good for us or the planet. As such once the credit we provide goes, the guest will need to add extra credit via the coin meter on the wall in either 1€ or 2€ coins.