Previously a Hilton Hotel, the Kauai Beach Resort is a magnificent 25-acre oceanfront luxury resort on a secluded 3-mile stretch of Kauai’s eastern coast. Minutes from the Lihue Airport, the resort is central to shopping, championship golf, a myriad of island activities, and all of Kauai's natural treasures.
Enjoy lounging around the swimming pools, soaking in one of the spas, or take a walk on the beach. Fine dining and exotic drinks await you at quaint restaurants and bars, one of which is poolside. Whether you're looking for adventure, romance, or relaxation, this is an amazing centrally located resort!
After undergoing an $18 Million renovation years ago, the hotel rooms were converted to individually owned "condotels", most of which are offered to the public through the resort or online travel sites at retail prices. However, a select few are offered on VRBO at owner-direct rates with full privileges to the resort’s amenities! Our unit is a great location with views of the pools, the lush landscaping, and a partial view of the ocean which is just down the pathway!
KAUAI RESORT AMENITIES
• 4 swimming pools, including 2 lagoon pools, 75-ft lava tube slide, & kid-friendly sand bottom pool.
• Two whirlpool spas, one amidst a stone grotto and surrounded by lush ferns and an exotic waterfall.
• Three restaurants offer a large variety of dining options from essential to exotic menus.
• Want breakfast in bed? Room service is also available.
• Poolside gazebo & bar (no shirt or shoes required!).
• Free WiFi access in lobby, restaurants, and now even the pool areas.
• Live outdoor Hawaiian entertainment.
• Boutique Spa and Fitness Center offering sauna, spa treatments, massages, and fitness equipment.
• Activities and tour desk.
• Guest laundry & dry cleaning.
• Car rental agency.
• ATM, convenience store, and vending machines.
OUR UNIT'S AMENITIES (#1228)
• Great location very close to the beach (~1 minute walk!).
• Great views of the pools, waterfalls, and beautiful lagoon next to building.
• King size Serenity bed and Ottoman.
• Flat screen TV with local and extended channels.
• FREE high speed wired or WiFi access.
• Counter height 3.5 cubic foot fridge for your fruit, soda pop, wine, ice cream, etc.
• In-room safe, blow dryer, ironing board.
• Complimentary Kona coffee & tea.
• Bathroom outfitted with granite vanity and travertine tile.
• A convenient writing desk with amazing views.
• Cooler, beach mats, and foldable chairs for your outings.
OPTIONAL SERVICES (Paid directly to resort)
• $25 / day parking fee for full valet service or self park.
• $20 / day for Roll-away bed or child's crib.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT POLICY
• Check-in time is 3:00 PM / Check-out time is 12:00 PM (noon).
• Please note that daily maid service is not included when renting direct through VRBO. The check-out cleaning fee included in your payment covers cleaning / re-stocking the condo after your stay. This is generally sufficient for the typical 3 - 5 day stay.
• For stays 7 days or longer, and for each successive 7-day period, a mid-stay cleaning is performed at the OWNER'S EXPENSE.
FAQs - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS THIS A CONDO OR A HOTEL ROOM?
Both, sort of. Since the resort was previously a Hilton hotel, the units appear like hotel rooms. However, they are in fact privately owned “condotels”. The resort operates very much like a luxury hotel though, and most guests are not aware that the units are privately owned.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RENTING ON VRBO VS. THE RESORT OR ONLINE TRAVEL SITES?
Mainly price, but also maid service. Renting direct through VRBO usually saves you a lot of money; however, daily maid service is not included. The check out cleaning fee you paid takes care of cleaning and re-stocking the unit after your stay. This is ideal for the typical 3-4 day stay. We pay for your mid-week cleaning / re-stocking of the unit for stays of 7 days or longer, and for each successive 7-day period.
DO ALL THE UNITS HAVE A VIEW OF THE OCEAN?
No. While the resort is situated right on the beach, its shape is like a large “U" with the opening toward the beach and with the pool area in the middle. Our unit is on the 2nd floor of Building 1, which is very close to the beach. It faces the interior pool area with a partial, but very pleasant view of the ocean, the pools, waterfall, spas, and a lagoon which is next to the building. Some of the Mountain View face away from the beach or the interior area, and there are also Lagoon View units that have a view of the lagoon area is between the resort and the Kauai Beach Villa condos. There are also units that directly face the fields next to the property. If you want to see the Google Maps layout of the resort, you can use this link: https://goo.gl/maps/CpErJhbDTnm. You can then select the satellite view to see it from above, or even see the street view imagery which includes the resort grounds!
DOES THE UNIT HAVE A KITCHEN?
No. These were previously hotel rooms, so they do not have kitchens.
CAN I COOK IN THE UNIT?
No. Local fire ordinances do not allow cooking in the units. There is a microwave in the lounge area of the 5th floor of Building 2 that can be used. We also replaced the mini-fridge that came with the unit to a counter-height 3.5 cubic foot fridge, so there’s plenty of room for soda, fruit, sandwich meat, and that bottle of wine to sip on while sitting on the lanai.
DO I NEED A CAR?
I recommend that you have a rental car for your stay. While the resort has pretty much everything you need to relax and have a great time, a car will allow you to take in the popular attractions as well as allowing you to go buy groceries, supplies, etc. There is an on-site car rental agency if you just want a car for a day; however, the rates are far higher than renting at the airport. It's a viable option for 1-day rental though.
IS THERE FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE FROM THE AIRPORT?
No. Free shuttle service from the airport is not available to our guests. The resort does offer free shuttle service to / from the airport FOR GUESTS RENTING FROM THE RESORT AT RETAIL PRICES ONLY. If you don't plan to use a rental car, the best option is to use Roberts Hawaii express shuttles. Their rates are very reasonable. I recommend looking up their website and contact information and calling them directly. A guest recently told me that Uber is also now operating on the island.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN THE UNIT SLEEP?
In order to maximize my guests' comfort, I have limited the number of guests to 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 young child. Local ordinances actually for a maximum of 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 children. However, with a King size bed and an ottoman it’s ideally suited for 2 adults, or 2 adults and 1 child. Note that roll-away beds or a child's cribs are available to rent from the resort for $20 / day.
ARE THERE ANY EXTRAS IN THE UNIT?
Our unit has beach mats, an ice cooler, and foldable chairs to take on your daily adventures.
ARE THERE BEACH TOWELS TO TAKE TO THE BEACH?
Your stay includes free towels, which you can use at the pools or to take to the local beaches. However, you will be assessed a $30 fee by the resort if you do not return the towels.
WHAT IS THE RESORT’S BEACH LIKE?
The resort is located directly on a 3-mile stretch of beautiful beach. However, while the beach is scenic, it is not considered a swimmable beach as it has quite a bit of coral and lava that can cut your feet. The surf can also be pretty challenging for most. It does some sandy sections, but it's best to go to one of Kauai's famous beaches for swimming.
DOES THE RESORT CHARGE A RESORT / CHECK-IN FEE?
Yes. The resort charges a $104 resort fee per reservation. We feel that this is excessive, so we don't charge the entire fee. We pay the full $104 directly to the resort when we send in the reservation. (Note that guests renting directly from the resort or through retail travel sites pay a daily resort fee, the same parking fee - all while paying a MUCH higher rental rate!)
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR A DAILY PARKING FEE?
Yes, if you have a car the resort charges $25 /day for parking in their lot. This fee is paid by the guest at check-in.
DO I HAVE TO PAY FOR WI-FI INTERNET SERVICE?
No. It is now FREE in all the units. It also extends into the lobby, restaurants and bars, and even in the pool area!
WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS CONDO?
Two things - location and price. Since the condo is at the east end of building 1, it’s about a 1-minute walk to the beach! Views from the lanai are great with a partial view of the ocean, and the beautiful lagoon next to the building. The view from anywhere in the room is also great as the condo overlooks the interior area of the resort with the pools, waterfalls, spas, poolside bar, and pool lounge area.
DOES THE UNIT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING?
Yes. The unit has central air conditioning.
WHAT FLOOR IS THE UNIT ON?
Ours is Unit is #28 on the 2nd floor Building 1 (Unit #1228), on the side of the building closest to the beach.
DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS FOR LONGER STAYS?
Sometimes. Please contact me with your vacation dates.
WILL YOU OFFER A DISCOUNT FOR A LAST MINUTE BOOKING?
Possibly. If we have open days that appear to be at risk of not getting booked, we will certainly consider offering a discount. However, we require a minimum of 48-hour notice.
- 14.42% Lodging tax is added to room rate
- TA Registration #10781163-03 / #18989355-01
** IF THIS CONDO IS BOOKED FOR YOUR DESIRED DATES, WE HAVE ANOTHER ONE AT THE SAME RESORT. VRBO LISTING #620921.
** IF YOU WANT A LARGER CONDO WITH FULL BEDROOM, LIVING ROOM, AND KITCHEN, CHECK OUT OUR CONDO ON THE SOUTH SHORES AREA AT THE KIAHUNA PLANTATION ON POIPU BEACH. VRBO #432760.