Enjoy your getaway in this cozy Venice Island canal cottage where you can easily walk to the world famous Venice Beach Boardwalk, stroll along the canals, or shop to your hearts desire on Abbott Kinney
Enjoy your relaxing time in Venice while enjoying your morning coffee on the lovely patio. This rear cottage is located walking distance to Venice Beach and the ever popular Abbott Kinney Street with restaurants and shops. Please note that this is not a canal front property as it is the rear cottage but a few steps will lead you to the canals. Take lovely walks on the canals to the beach and enjoy the sunset (beach chairs, boogy board, and beach towels provided), muscle beach, or even play a game of paddle tennis at Venice Beach (paddles and balls provided).
As a guest of our lovely cottage, you the lodger, will have full access to the cottage with one bedroom and one bath and a pull out sofa. The cottage is comfortable for 2 or 3 adults, or 2 adults and 2 smaller kids as the pull out sofa is only a "full size" so not comfortable for 4 adults. There is a tv in the living room and bedroom. The living room has a Smart TV. There are books you are welcome to borrow (and even take with you if you haven't finished it). The kitchen has a coffee maker, microwave, blender, toaster. The kitchen is fully stocked with cooking utensils. There is a washer and dryer located in the bathroom. The bathroom also has a shampoo/conditioner/bath gel dispenser in the shower. There is no air conditioning but there are ceiling fans in both the bedroom and living room and a standing fan if needed. There is one designated parking space in the rear of the cottage. There are beach chairs, boogie board, and paddle tennis paddles for you to enjoy. The cottage has a google home so you can ask it questions regarding traffic and weather or have it play your favorite music (I like it to tell me jokes). There is also a Ring Surveillance Camera set up in the back of the property outside to monitor the driveway/carport area for security.
The Venice Canals are such a unique community. There are little cottages next to multi-million dollar homes. As you stroll the canals you will be greeted with smiles by others walking in the area as this is a very warm community. There is a little park for kids on the canals. You can easily walk to Abbott Kinney where there are shops and restaurants. If you walk down Washington Blvd toward the beach you will find more local restaurants. From there walk (or rent a bicycle) and head north along the beach and visit the Venice Beach paddle tennis courts (paddles and balls provided), continue onto Muscle Beach and the world famous Venice Boardwalk where you can shop, view artists work, and even visit the Venice Beach Freak Show. If you continue to walk along the boardwalk you will end up at Santa Monica Pier where you ride the ferris wheel amongst other rides and games. You can then continue your walk up the pier to the Third Street Promenade where there are restaurants, shops, and movie theatres. When you are ready to return to your cozy cottage, Uber, Lyft, and Taxis are available to bring you back.
There are bus stops in the area.
Uber and Lyft are very active in the area
There are bicycle rentals a short walk from the cottage
As a guest of this property, you agree to the following:
1. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere inside or outside the property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the four-person occupancy limit without the express written consent of Homeowner.
3. Guests and any additional permitted guests shall not:
• create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors;
• make any noise than can be heard outside in any way by any neighbor of the property from 10:00p.m. – 8:00 a.m.; no congregating on the patio during these hours.
• disturb, annoy, in danger or inconvenience any neighbor; and
• use the property for any offensive or unlawful purpose, nor violate any law, nor commit waste or nuisance on or about the property.
Parties are not allowed
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to 1 vehicle on the most eastside parking spot on the property. Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Parking on the road is not permitted. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath and beach towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. Beach towels may be taken to the beach but returned upon your vacating the property. Wipe off sand and empty shoes of sand before entering the property
9. Please do not purchase movies on demand on TV
10. Turn off all lights and heater when leaving the property
11. You acknowledge that you are a lodger under California laws while you are occupying our property.