This beautiful vacation home sitting at the very top of Wolf Laurel Ski Resort in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina is the perfect location for your getaway to the Asheville area. Stunning views, modern amenities and a constant mountaintop breeze make this resort home a wonderful refuge while visiting the restaurants, music and highlights of Asheville. The home is located within a gated a resort community which includes an amazing 18 hole golf course, club house with restaurant and pool. Nestled just adjacent to the Appalachian Trail, the site affords easy access and hiking to the top of Big Bald Mountain. Other nearby activities include enjoying the day shopping or 'brew-hopping' in Asheville, visiting the famous Biltmore Estate, spending the day canoeing or whitewater rafting, horseback riding - or even ziplining from mountain top to mountain top at the nearby Navitat sports complex! Or best yet, simply sit back on the deck with a glass of wine and enjoy the cool mountain breeze and incredible views.
Wolf Laurel Resort is a sprawling, gated community of over 5,000 acres ranging from 3,800 feet to over 5,000 feet above sea level. The resort is mostly surrounded by the Pisgah National Forest and boasts 3 entrances to the Appalachian Trail. A 750 acre nature land preservation trust was also recently added to the resort. The resort provides year round recreational activities including horseback riding, tennis, a heated swimming pool, hiking trails, a stocked trout pond with numerous creeks, event pavilions, children’s programs and excellent golf. Eighty acres of adjacent ski slopes and tubing offer ample winter fun.
The 18-hole championship golf course was designed in 1965 by W.B. Lewis. The course rises and falls from 3,600 feet to 4,800 feet in elevation as it winds through Wolf Laurel Resort and offers some of the most spectacular views and challenging mountain golf in the eastern U.S.
This mountain cabin is a great place to relax and get away, yet very close to amazing outdoor fun. The home includes modern amenities including a fully equipped kitchen, a beautiful gas fireplace, an outdoor gas grill, decks on both levels, a fire pit for making s’mores and an upper deck chimenea for romantic evenings and just enjoying the spectacular sunset views. Also included are Wi-Fi, a wireless HP printer, a downstairs lounge with Apple TV and plenty of books and board games. And, yes, we love our furry friends too so, feel free to bring yours along!
With 4 bedrooms this mountain cabin sleeps up to 8 on the main level in three bedrooms. Downstairs is an additional bedroom hosting bunk beds for the kids (as of August 2018) and a pull out sofa in the adjacent family room. Here’s how it breaks down:
Master Bedroom with ensuite bath - King Bed
Bedroom #2 - Queen Bed
Bedroom #3 - Double Bed plus pullout sofa in adjoining office
Den - Pullout Sofa
Bedroom #4 – Bunk Beds (as of August 2018)
Wolf Laurel Community Activities: (Please take advantage of them!)
We’re members of the Village Club which offers wonderful programs and events in addition to the swimming pool, tennis courts & fishing pond. Here are just a few:
• Tai Chi & Yoga with Fred Buck: This class will meet each Monday and Thursday at 10am beginning May 23rd in Village Activity Center (lower entrance of Community Center). Please bring an exercise mat and water. Note – no class on May 26th and June 6th and 9th.
• Water Fitness with Barby McQueen, Lee Moeller and Larae Weaver: This class will meet each Tuesday and Thursday at 1pm starting Thursday, June 2nd. Bring your bathing suit, towel, some sunscreen, and we'll provide the workout equipment.
• Walking Club with Earlene Shofi: Starting Thursday, June 9th, the group will meet at the Village Pavilion for the first hike, then meet at various locations on the mountain on Thursdays at 9am. Different leaders will plan gentle hikes throughout the season. Contact Earlene Shofi for more info (earlenes@
• Friday Night Socials: 6pm every Friday in the Village Pavilion throughout the season - beginning May 20th. Activities may include duckie races and bingo! BYOB & an appetizer to share. Our wonderful Bartender, Larry Smith, will provide set-ups. These socials are free unless otherwise announced. NOTE: On June 3rd, this event will be open to all as a ‘Welcome Back!’. Appetizers will be sponsored by Hicks Realty for this event.
• Monday Night Potlucks: 6pm every Monday in the Village Pavilion throughout the season - beginning May 16th. Bring a potluck dish or two to share, your favorite beverage and all your picnic supplies.
• Plus kids camps, horseback riding camp, July 4 celebration with fireworks and an Oyster Roast Labor Day event!
** Please keep in mind that our house is located at the top of the mountain and in case of snow and ice a 4-wheel drive vehicle is (very!) strongly advised. Parking at the bottom of the driveway is required if snow is forecast. Be sure to check the local weather forecast.