Welcome to the Shelter Point Beach House!
This fabulous OCEAN FRONT BEACH HOUSE with walk on beach is available to rent and enjoy for the months of June and July 2018.
Shelter Point Beach House is a beautifully renovated, circular-style home perched on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, with an undeniable west coast flavour and all the modern comforts you need to enjoy your stay. The perfect relaxing sea-side get-away, or a scenic central base for your coastal Vancouver Island adventures, the Beach House is what you make it.
Step out the door onto the front lawn, a few more steps and you are strolling on a classic west coast beach. When the tide goes out, Shelter Point Reef welcomes you to explore its incredible tide pools and sea creatures, right in the front yard. Look out to the horizon and your gaze will be met with an awe-inspiring mountain range that glows as the sun rises and sets each day. The sound of waves lapping on the shore is the soundtrack to your stay, as sea birds and marine life act as your neighbours while they play in the ocean just outside your windows.
The large cement patio echos the circular shape of the house. Grab a seat on patio furniture or on the bench overlooking the ocean. Enjoy dining outside; both relaxing while sipping a morning coffee serenaded by shore birds, as well as by the light and warmth of a fire at night as you barbeque dinner, watching cruise ships pass by beneath starlight, listening for the blow of traveling whales.
Shelter Point Beach House has been thoughtfully renovated by its owners and provides its guests with a unique balance of modern, artful updates while maintaining its original west coast charm.
• With floor-to-ceiling windows dominating the walls, you can enjoy the panoramic ocean view while cooking, dining, planning your coastal adventure, or simply relaxing inside.
• The unique circular design of this home will give you the feeling that you are at the helm of a ship looking out on the ocean - a true taste of life on the coast.
• The fully stocked kitchen is a delight for you to cook in; with a gas stove and oven, all the while enjoying stunning ocean views.
• The open floor plan to the dining room and living room features a fireplace in the heart of the circular design. While affording everyone their own space, it also keeps everyone connected at the same time.
• The living room features two leather couches and a large flat screen television/entertainment centre. This provides a great area to kick back and relax, whether watching the inescapable ocean views or the television.
• Rounding the corner you can find 3 inviting bedrooms, two featuring comfortable Queen size beds with high quality linens and duvets. The third bedroom features a futon/couch, which could be used as a third bedroom, children's room or office.
• A large natural stone tile bathroom is central to the bedrooms, with a large separate shower, heated tile floor, and a bath tub. An additional small bathroom is more central to the living room and kitchen.
• The beach house is equipped with a large capacity washer and dryer.
• Gardens and flower baskets adorn the beach house, cared for year round for your enjoyment.
• An expanse of lawn at the side of the house is great for bocci and other yard games. There is a double car cement driveway and room for parking a boat and trailer.
What about the location?
Shelter Point Beach House is a 5 minute drive to the picturesque community of Willow Point. Here, you can find quaint seaside shops, an 8km 'Sea Walk' that parallels the ocean and takes you into the heart of town.
Pier Street is the heart of the town of Campbell River, only a 10 minute drive from the Beach House. We recommend you take a stroll along the ocean, visit the famous fishing pier where you can get an ice cream cone, tasty fish and chips, or grab a fishing rod and catch your own right off the pier! All within walking distance from the pier, you can find shops of all varieties, a small aquarium featuring local marine life, a Maritime Heritage Centre, Museum, marinas full of sailboats, locally owned coffee shops, and plenty of seafood and sushi restaurants along the ocean.
Come and enjoy Vancouver Island, you're sure to cherish the memories you make here. If you're lucky, you'll be welcomed by the orcas, sea lions, and eagles that call Campbell River home. The ocean awaits at Shelter Point Beach House.
See you soon!