It is a simple and comfortable apartment in the heart of Bairro Alto, one of the best locations to visit and experience the joy of Lisbon.
The apartment is on the fourth floor of a typical old building, with no elevator, with easy stairs.
After the arrival, you will be rewarded with a spacious and bright apartment in the heart of Bohemian Bairro Alto!
The location is fantastic, in the heart of the BAIRRO ALTO, the district where practically the whole nightlife of Lisbon is concentrated. People from all walks of life mix in cafes, bars, restaurants - both modern and old; We can still, in this neighborhood, listen to the Fado until dawn ...
And of course it's close to everything! ... Museums, gardens, traditional trade, shops, art galleries, restaurants, clubs, bars, ...
You will be in the city center, so to visit the center you will not use much public transport, except for the pleasure of going in the electric trams or funiculars. To get to more distant places, there is all transport nearby.
Here are some distances:
- it is 100 meters from the Garden of São Pedro de Alcântara, which has one of the most beautiful views of Lisbon
- 100 meters for the Glória funicular (next to the garden)
- 400 meters from the pretty Príncipe Real Garden (which has esplanades, kiosk and even a small park for children)
- 5 minutes to Av. Liberdade (shops, beautiful avenue)
- 5 minutes to tram 28 (tourist)
- 5/10 minutes to Chiado / Baixa (shops, places to visit);
- 10 minutes to the edge of the Tagus and 15 minutes to the beautiful Praça do Comércio
- 20 minutes to the castle and Alfama (narrow streets and typical of the old Lisbon)
- 5/10 minutes for 3 different metro stations (blue and yellow lines), 1 minute for bus.
- 10/15 min to Cais do Sodré railway station, to go to the coast and Estoril and Cascais beaches, and 5/10 min to Rossio train station, to the beautiful city of Sintra.
- There are several small shops for shopping, and a supermarket at 5 minutes which is open every day (Sunday included).
- There are bank boxes at 5 min
- From the airport to the apartment it is 20 minutes by taxi and it costs 15 € / 20 €.
- There are several car parks at 5/10 minutes walk. The two cheaper ones cost 11 € / night and 13 € / night.
The apartment has a living room with dining area, an equipped kitchen, a single small bathroom with shower and 4 bedrooms, accommodating up to 9 people.
The apartment is very well equipped for your stay, with all you may need:
- Towels and sheets for all guests, hairdryer.
- Fully equipped kitchen with: gas hob, oven, microwave, fridge with freezer, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, coffee maker, cooking utensils, washing machine, iron and ironing board.
- Heating - electric heating of apoint.
- Fans (no air conditioning)
- Cable TV with international channels, internet with Wi-Fi (free).
- The windows are equipped with double glazing to isolate noises from the outside.
- Cot and high chair - on request
The beds are:
- Bedroom # 1 - with 2 single beds
- Bedroom # 2 - with 2 single beds
- Bedroom # 3 - with 1 single bed - very small room with a wonderful view
=> Ont can say that rooms # 2 and # 3 are like a big room for 4 people
- Bedroom # 4 - small bedroom with 1 single bed
We will be delighted to welcome you and tell you about the beautiful city of Lisbon. We will be happy to take the time to answer your questions, explain how everything works and give advice on anything you might want to know.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- The linen is provided (towels, duvets, sheets, ...). We will prepare beds for the number of guests indicated in the reservation. If you need more beds or sheets, please let us know in advance.
- There is no daily maid service You can request cleaning service and replacement of towels / linen for an extra charge.
- We leave a stock of certain items like toilet paper or detergent, but when it's over it's up to you to take more.
- For longer stays - the rental price includes electricity costs up to 150 € per month. This is more than enough with responsible use even in winter, but not if guests leave the electric heaters on in the house 24 hours a day. When the electricity bill is higher than this price, the customer will have to pay the difference.
ELECTRICITY AND HOT WATER
- Power Limitations - Apartments in older buildings do not have a lot of electrical energy unless the building has been renovated very recently. If you turn on too many heaters or other high-powered electrical equipment at the same time (such as washing machine, hair dryer, toaster, water heater, etc.) the main breaker will trip. This is normal and all you have to do is go to the electrical panel and replace the main breaker.
- Help save electricity! Turn off heaters, television, lights, and other electrical equipment when you are outside the home. In winter, live like a local - do not overheat the house!
- Houses in Lisbon do not usually have central heating. We use electric or gas heaters. We do not heat our homes much in winter, unlike other northern countries, because most old buildings are not well insulated and gas and electricity are very expensive. For us, it's very strange to be in a t-shirt and shorts in the house in winter. We wear warmer clothes and heat just enough to be comfortable.
SILENCE SCHEDULE AND GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD
You can stay in this apartment only if you are respectful neighbors. It is obligatory to respect the SILENCE SCHEDULE. By Portuguese law you can not make neighborhood noise from 23:00 to 08:00. During this period it is strictly forbidden to make noise in the building (stairs, apartment, balconies, windows). No music or high TV, heels, scream, laugh and talk very loud, etc. Be particularly careful by gently closing the door from the building's street and up the stairs when you come back late at night.
- We are very flexible and will try to adapt to your arrival time. You can usually arrive from 11:30 to drop off your luggage and collect the keys. In any case, please note that the house may not be clean and ready before 3pm and 4pm and you should not stay there while cleaning. The only way to be sure of having the apartment ready early in the morning is to book the night before.
- We always try to arrive before you to the apartment and not to make you wait. But sometimes it's impossible, there are unforeseen or delays that are out of our control and we can not avoid. If that happens do not worry and thank you in advance for your understanding. No one has ever been left outside! :)
- For arrivals after 20:00, there is a "late arrival fee" of 10 € to be paid in cash to the person doing the check-in. For arrivals after 23:00 is 20 € and for arrivals after 1:00 is 30 €. It is not always possible to check in after 1:00 in the morning. If you expect to arrive later than 1:00, please confirm with us in advance.
- The latest possible to leave the apartment is at 11:00. From 11:00 the maids can arrive and enter the apartment. Sometimes it is possible to leave your luggage in the house until later. If you want to pack up the luggage until later than 11am, please check with us 1 or 2 days in advance.
- The apartment is on the fourth floor, located in an area of central Lisbon where most of the buildings are old and do not have a lift. Therefore, it is not suitable for wheelchair users or persons with reduced mobility.
Most travelers here have not had any problems with street noise and neighbors. However, you should note the following:
- The sound insulation in these old buildings is very small compared to modern buildings. It is possible to hear the sounds of neighbors.
- You can hear people and the sounds of the street when you open the windows. Sometimes it can be a little noisy outside, especially on the weekends.
- There are sound insulating windows, so when you close them, it's quiet inside. But of course, it's not like in a quiet little street in the village. Even when the insulation is good, it's always possible to hear something from the outside.