Walk across the street from our 5-Star rated condo to the best beach in Galveston where you can swim, snorkel, build sand castles, look for that perfect sea shell; or just hang out on the lovely grounds of the Victorian. You’ll see why Judy makes this her second home in the winter.
We can help you save money! You can avoid paying for beach parking. Why rent chairs and an umbrella on the beach, when you can just take ours from the condo, and save $25 a day. We also provide beach/pool toys and towels so you don’t need to bring them.
Because we’ve been guests in several vacation rentals, we’ve developed a list of what’s most important to us as guests. We hope our list is similar to yours. Here’s what’s important to us for you as our guests.
1. Cleanliness: Judy lives in the condo 3-4 months of the year. She is very picky about cleanliness. The Beachy-Keen condo is super clean.
2. Comfortable Seating – and plenty of it: The condo sleeps six, so we made sure it could seat six comfortably! The patio and bistro sets on the balcony also seat six. Viewing our photos will show you the comfortable up-scale furniture we provide.
3. Renovated: The condo was completely renovated in 2015, and we upgraded all the mattresses, bedding, patio sets, and furniture when we purchased it in 2016. Since then we’ve continued to update the condo.
4. Views: The condo's balcony provides a view of one of the pools and the Gulf of Mexico.
5. Private Balcony: Great outdoor living on the over-sized 117 Sq Ft Balcony, with Patio and Bistro sets which seat six.
6. Free Wi-Fi: We provide a code for all guests to access the Internet.
7. Good Coffee Pot: We allow up to six guests so we provide a full-sized coffee pot. We also provide the coffee, creamer, sugar, filters, cups, and mugs.
8. Great Bed and Bedding: For your home-away-from-home, we paid particular attention to providing a good night’s sleep. Our goal is for you to ask where we got everything so you can duplicate it at home. All the beds have new luxury mattresses with allergy, bug, and moisture protector mattress pads. The sheets in the bedroom are 800 thread count Egyptian Cotton. The sheets for the Queen sleeper are 500 thread count Egyptian Cotton. All bedding is washed before your arrival.
9. Security: The Victorian, a gated resort, provides a security patrol in the evenings and all gates except the one manned by security are closed at 6:00pm. The condo has a electronic combination lock, so you don't have to worry about losing keys. The combination is changed after every rental.
10. Walking Distance to Stuff: Whether it is walking to the beach (right across the street), to shopping, or to restaurants; there are lots of choices within just a few minutes. We provide a comprehensive list for you in the Beachy-Keen condo. More on what’s available below.
11. Local Events: We like to take advantage of local events when possible, so below we provide a comprehensive list. Galveston is famous for local events. For a sneak peek or to find details, go to Galveston.com.
12. Close to the Beach, the pool, shopping, and dining: The beach and seawall are right across the street. One of the two pools can be seen from your balcony. One is a zero entry pool for the kids.
13. Affordable: Galveston has vacation rentals in the $500 - $600 per day range (in places where there is no beach – only rocks). And where absolutely nothing is within walking distance. Our Beachy-Keen condo is a real value.
What’s in our Beachy-Keen condo?
• In the bedroom, a Queen bed plus a wall-mounted Smart TV and Blue-Ray player with free Netflix and other apps.
• In the Living Room a very comfortable Queen Sleeper Sofa.
• Also in the Living Room a wall-mounted Smart TV and Blue-Ray player with free Netflix and other apps.
• Bunk Beds in an alcove. The kids will love them.
• Sheets, Blankets, Pillows
• Beach toys and beach towels
• Ironing Board and Iron
• A Kitchenette with all you need to get the day started, or for a quick meal.
o Refrigerator (full-sized) including basic condiments
o Two-burner glass cooktop
o Granite Countertops
o Microwave/Convection Oven
o Dishes for 6
o Pots and Pans
• A Full Bathroom
o Shower and Tub
o Hair Dryer
o Soap, Shampoo, and Conditioner
o Towels & Wash Cloths
• Seating and dining space for 6
• Private Balcony with views of the ocean and one of the pools
Amenities provided by the Victorian
• 2 Pools: one heated, and the other starts at zero feet deep
• 2 Hot Tubs
• Ice Machine
• Lighted Tennis Court
• On-site Restaurant with seating, take-out, or room delivery
• BBQ Charcoal Grills
• Fish-cleaning Station
• Easily Accessible Elevators
• Fitness Center
• Free Covered Parking
• Laundry Facility located on the same floor just a few steps from the condo.
• Safe and secure grounds
Within four blocks walking distance
• Walgreens (Groceries inside)
• Kroger’s (Starbucks inside)
• Randall’s (Starbucks inside)
• Walmart (McDonalds inside)
• Papa John’s Pizza
• Jimmy Johns
• Golden Corral
• BBQ Pit Stop
• Tortuga Mexican Kitchen
• 61st Street Fishing Pier
• Did we mention the beach? Right across the street!
Bump it up to 6 blocks and you’ve got:
• Rainforest Café
With a Short Drive:
• Moody Gardens with IMAX Theater, Rainforest, and Aquarium
• The Pleasure Pier
• The Strand
• Schlitterbahn Water Park
• Cruise Port
• University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)
Events – Go to www.galveston.com for Details:
• Mardi Gras – Two weeks before the beginning of Lent
• Art Walks – Every six weeks in the Gallery District
• Featherfest – Early April
• Lone Star Ironman Triathlon – April
• Historical Homes Tour – The first two weekends in May
• Sand Castle Competition – Mid-June
• Lone Star Motorcycle Rally – Late October/early November
• Lone Star Flight Museum Fly Day – Mid-November
• Dickens on The Strand – The first weekend in December
• Moody Gardens Festival of Lights – During the Christmas holidays
• Seawall half Marathon & 10K run – November
VRBO Service Fee: This fee goes to VRBO to offset their extended guest services. When receiving a quote from us, this fee will be listed, and you can click on the 'question mark' to see a full description of what this covers.
Our Beachy-Keen Condo Rules:
• No Smoking in the condo, in the hallway, or on the patio
• Must be 24 years old to rent.
• We allow up to six guests, but only four can be adults
Victorian and our condo Rule: No Pets Allowed
Parking: When checking in, you will be charged a flat $25 which allows you to park two cars at the Victorian for up to 15 days. There is some covered parking - first come first served.
Cancellation Policy - amount refunded:
100% if cancelled more than 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
50% if cancelled from 30 days to 60 days prior to the Check-in Date
20% if cancelled in less than 30 days prior to the Check-in Date
0% if cancelled in less than 7 days prior to the Check-in Date