Light, airy, three bedroom flat located in a gorgeous leafy neighbourhood just south of the city centre. Perfect for those who wish to experience Edinburgh, the Fringe and Scotland.
The property is a classic Edinburgh tenement flat located on the first floor. There is a buzzer entry system which allows access to a communal stair. The flat has two large double bedrooms and a sizeable single bedroom sleeping up to five people. The kitchen contains all the essential appliances, utensils and cooking equipment. There is a washing machine and dryer for guests to do laundry. The property is wifi connected and has digital TV offering a variety of entertainment and sports channels.
As well as having access to the features of the flat, guests will have the ability to use the communal garden in the back.
Interaction with guests:
I live close by and am contactable most hours of the day. I will be there to personally provide you with the keys, answer any questions and offer any advice when required. I hope to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
Other things to note:
There is limited on street parking, which requires to be paid for Monday - Friday 08:30 - 17:30 by means of meters. It is recommended, however, that guests use the excellent public transport system. Generally, cars are not particularly convenient for getting around the city, with parking being very restricted in the centre of town.
- No smoking
- Not suitable for pets
- No parties or events
- Not safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
- Check in is anytime after 3PM
- No shoes in the house
- Quiet hours after 11pm.
- By confirming and making payment for a reservation the Guest agrees to the following terms:
- This agreement is made between the host (the “Host”) of the accommodation (the “Accommodation”) and the guest (the “Guest”) as these terms are more particularly defined in the concomitant HomeAway website booking form(s) (the “HomeAway Agreement”), on the terms and conditions hereunder, which together the said HomeAway Agreement comprise the totality of the contract between the Host and the Guest, in respect of the letting of the Accommodation (the “Letting Agreement”).
- 1. The Guest acknowledges that the Accommodation is to be used for the purposes of a holiday, and therefore that the let (the “Let”) is a “holiday-let” under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988, and that the Let is not an Assured Tenancy under the terms of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1998.
- 2. The Let shall commence, terminate and be paid for as set-out in the HomeAway Agreement.
- 3. The number of persons occupying the Accommodation shall not exceed the numbers of the party stated on the HomeAway booking form.
- 4. The Guest shall be responsible for those other persons forming the party letting the Accommodation, and ensuring that they adhere to the terms and conditions herein.
- 5. The Guest acknowledges that the Host and his agents shall have access to the Accommodation, particularly, that a cleaner shall enter the Accommodation each week for the purposes of cleaning the flat and changing bed-linen.
- 6. The Guest shall maintain and leave the Accommodation and its furnishings and fittings in the same condition as at the date of commencement of the Let, and none of the furnishings and fittings shall be removed from the Accommodation at any time, and shall re-imburse the Host for any damage or breakage to the fabric or furnishings and fittings of the Accommodation.
- 7. Any faults, damage or breakage, in respect of the Accommodation, must be reported as soon as possible to the Host.
- 8. All breakages/losses in equipment will be invoiced separately and require to be paid prior to departure.
- 9. The Accommodation is strictly non-smoking. A minimum charge of £500 for cleaning (and potentially redecorating) shall be levied should the Guest smoke, or permit others to smoke, in the Accommodation during the duration of the Let.
- 10. No pets or other animals are permitted within the Accommodation.
- 11. The Guest shall ensure that the Accommodation is securely locked when not occupied during the duration of the Let.
- 12. The Guest shall prevent any member of his or her party from causing a nuisance or disturbance to other residents or occupiers in the neighbourhood. In the event of a problem arising, the Host has the right to ask the Guest and the others in the party to leave.
- 13. Neither the Guest nor any member of his or her party shall sublet the Accommodation or any part thereof.
- 14. The Guest shall leave the Accommodation in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the Let, failing which the Accommodation may be cleaned by the Host and a charge made to the Guest for the cost of such cleaning.
- 15. At the end of the agreed duration of the Let, the Guest binds and obliges himself or herself and those in his or her party to vacate the Accommodation without demand, and should they fail to do so, acknowledges that they shall be removed from the Accommodation.
- 16. The Guest shall indemnify the Host against any claim which may arise as a result of (a) this Let and /or (b) the Guest’s occupation and uses of the Accommodation and/or (c) the Guest’s breach of the terms hereof.
- 17. No insurance is included in the cost of the Let.
- 18. The Guest is liable for the total letting charge unless written notice of cancellation of the booking is received, as set-out in the HomeAway Agreement.
- 19. The Accommodation shall be available and vacated, as set-out in the HomeAway Agreement.
- 20. The Guest’s (and those of his or her party) personal property is left in or about the Accommodation at the Guest’s own risk.
- 21. Complaints, any queries or complaints arising when you arrive at the Accommodation or during the Let (regarding maintenance and facilities) should be addressed as soon as possible to the Host. No guarantee can be given the Host will be able to remedy any defects or answer any queries you may have but they will endeavour to assist you.
- 22. If the Accommodation is affected by circumstances which are beyond the Host’s reasonable control (including without limitation flood, storm, fire, employment strikes, urgent unforeseen repairs required to accommodation telecommunications access problems, destruction or damage of the accommodation or road blockages), the Host shall notify you immediately of the extent and nature thereof.
- 23. The Host shall not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement, or otherwise liable to you, by reason of any delay in performance or non-performance of any of its obligations hereunder to the extent that such delay or non-performance is caused by circumstances beyond their reasonable control.
- 24. Save in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Host, the Host does not accept liability for any damage, expense or loss of any nature whatsoever suffered by the Guest or any members of his or her party during the Let.
- 25. Save in respect of a death or personal injury claim occasioned by the Host, liability of the Host under this Agreement shall be limited to the letting value of the relevant booking at the Accommodation.
- 26. The Host shall not be liable for any loss of profit, consequential loss or other indirect losses suffered by the Guest or any member of his or her party under the terms of this Agreement.
- 27. The Host takes every care to ensure that the accuracy of descriptions and information contained on the Airbnb website, and that they are correct at the time of their publication. The Host, however, does not accept any liability for any error contained in the Airbnb website and offers and makes no warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations as to description merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations whether express implied by statute or otherwise oral or in writing except as provided herein or such as cannot be excluded by law.
- 28. The Accommodation has gas-fired appliances, such as the cooking stove and central heating. The Guest acknowledges that the use of such appliances requires care and attention. The use of such appliances is entirely at the user’s own risk and the Host accepts no responsibility for any death or personal injury occasioned by their use (save to the extent that such death or personal injury was caused by the negligence of the Host).
- 29. The Guest accepts that the Letting Agreement shall be subject to the laws of Scotland and the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.