WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING INQUIRIES. NO BOOKINGS FOR RESERVATIONS IN 2018 OR 2019.
This amazing property is a recently-renovated, four bedroom, ocean-block cottage that has it all … especially location! It’s halfway down the ocean block, on a residential street, only steps away from the beach … and there are no streets to cross between the cottage and the beach!
The original part of this beautiful family cottage was built in the 1930’s and it has been a family home ever since then. It still has the original wainscoting downstairs and even a claw foot tub. Seaside Cottage has history with an updated spin and seaside flare. This coming 2018 summer is only the third season this authentic beach cottage has been available for rental. The owners have renovated and updated it to accommodate your vacation needs but the Dewey breezes and the soft surf sounds have been a constant part of its history for the past 85 years.
It has a beautiful, renovated kitchen, new white-washed-wood floors and modern furnishings that make this seaside beauty a special place to stay. The open living and dining area includes a 45 inch flat screen TV & Wifi.
You’ll love the screened front porch with ocean breezes and the sound of the surf. The fenced backyard is filled with daylilies, a magnolia tree, crape myrtles and azaleas. There are two hot/cold enclosed outdoor showers in the backyard, with amazing views of trees and sky and stars to enjoy while you are showering! If you bring a dog, you’ll love the convenience of the large dog doors giving access to the fenced backyard. (*Certain breeds/mixes of dogs are not allowed due to exclusion from coverage by the insurance company: Pit bull, Rottweiler, Akita, Canary Dog.) Contact the owner if you have any questions.
You can watch the sunrise through the kitchen window if you’re an early riser and then wander off to settle in on the front porch with your coffee and the beautiful morning sky. If it's ocean breezes you seek, open any or all of the cottage's 20 windows .
The four bedrooms are a comfortable fit for two families; a queen bedroom is on the first floor, next to the full bath. Upstairs there are three bedrooms: 1 king, 1 full, and 1 twin plus a set of standard twin-size bunk beds; and a half bath.
Seaside Cottage’s ocean block location offers many possibilities for your enjoyment:
• The Atlantic Ocean is half a block to the east and Rehoboth Bay is just two blocks to the west; so you’ve got both ocean and Bay activities nearby to choose from. Do the ocean-beach thing or walk to a children’s park, water sports, dining and amazing sunsets on the Bay. The Jolly Trolley (open air trolley car) runs between Dewey and Rehoboth, where you have shops, restaurants, and boardwalk attractions for the kids, just five minutes or so away from Seaside Cottage.
• Dewey has free family movies on the beach on Monday evenings and free family bonfires and marshmallow roasting on the beach on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. And the beach is just a short one- minute walk from your front door.
• Dewey is one of the few beaches that allows dogs on the beach during the summer season; before 9:30am and after 5:30 pm. Snap on the leash and it’s only a minute or so away from beautiful walks, playtime and special memories.
• Delaware doesn’t have a sales tax. You can shop till you drop – in Dewey, in Rehoboth and at the designer outlet malls.
• Dewey has lots of restaurants and bars that have amazing live music and Happy Hours, offering you lots of opportunities for unwinding and “networking.”