This lovingly restored 3-BR apartment in the historic of the Umbrian town of Città di Castello offers all the quality, comfort and facilities of a real home and is ideally located for touring central Italy. The property is on two floors. On the lower level, the entrance hall opens into a spacious living room, while French windows lead from the large independent kitchen and dining area onto a small terrace with a table for al fresco breakfasts. The master bedroom and main bathroom are on this floor. Upstairs, in converted attic space, is a small bathroom and two bedrooms - one with two single beds and one with a comfortable double sofa bed. This room, which can be used as a study, leads out through large glass windows onto a lovely large terrace with views over old-town roof tops to the town's spectacular round tower and to the hills beyond the ancient city walls. Città di Castello is a relaxed Italian town with much to see, great restaurants and surrounded by fabulous countryside.
High-quality decoration, furnishing and equipment: The apartment is beautifully and creatively decorated, and furnished with high-quality pieces collected during our travels in Asia and Italy. The space is full of character, retaining a variety of exceptional old floors, from terracotta tiles to intricately decorated stonework. The old wooden beams remain in place, along with original doors and other fixtures.
- The living room has a large comfortable sofa and two lovely old Chinese rocking chairs, as well as a 32' flat-screen TV, a DVD player, a HiFi, and a good selection of CDs, DVDs and books.
- The kitchen is equipped with an oven and four gas rings, along with a dishwasher and washing machine. Here you will find everything you need for cooking, serving and eating civilized meals at home.
Central, quiet location: The apartment is both very central and very quiet - just two minutes walk from the main square of Città di Castello old town in a little cobbled side street full of colourful geraniums. The terrace on the other side of the building overlooks some lovely leafy gardens, heightening this down town apartment's feeling of peace and tranquillity.
In any case, Città di Castello is hardly a noisy place, but rather a quiet, authentic rural Italian town where you can escape the tourist trail and enjoy the slow pace of life with lazy breakfasts and long lunches in the many restaurants serving fresh, delicious Umbrian food.
Città di Castello is a town with a deep sense of culture, from its refined architecture, its fine municipal art gallery and its beautiful, active 17th-century theatre. There is a steady stream of cultural events throughout the year, such as the Festival delle Nazione. The town is also a good base for the internationally acclaimed Umbria Jazz Festival in Perugia every July.
Other FAQs: - Parking in the old town centre is restricted to residents, but you can drive you car to just underneath the apartment to unload bags, before moving the care to a free, safe car park outside the old town walls, a few minutes walk from the property.
- The apartment is 10 minutes walk from the train station and two minutes walk from the bus station. Trains go north to Sansepolcro and south as far as Perugia, where the local line connects with the national network.
- There is an Avis car rental office in town, 10 minutes walk from the apartment.
- A number of international airports are within striking distance of Città di Castello. The nearest is Umbria International Airport at Perugia, which offers free parking, twice-daily flights to Milan and five weekly Ryan Air flights to Stansted Airport in the UK. It is a short taxi ride from the airport to Ponte San Giovanni train station, which links to Città di Castello. Other useful airports include Ancona, Rimini, Pisa, Rome and Bologna.