Delightful 2 Bedroom Cottage with Large Garden Near Tunbridge Wells . Sleeps 4.(19 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Property type:Cottage
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
About the Property
2 en suite bedrooms, kitchen, dining/living room, bike storage, garden, patio
Historic places: If it is history and culture you are after you have it all here! Properties nearby include Standen - Arts & Crafts Movement Victorian home, Chartwell - home of Sir Winston Churchill, Quebec House - C16th home of General Wolfe, Knole - stately home of the Sackville family, deer park, Ightham Mote - moated medieval manor house, Old Soar Manor - late C13th Knight's dwelling, Scotney Castle - romantic ruined castle/manor, moat and gardens, Bodiam Castle - well-preserved C14th castle and moat, Bateman's - home of famous writer Rudyard Kipling, Squerryes Court - C17th manor and gardens; location of BBC's 'Emma', Hever Castle - home of Anne Boleyn, Henry VIII's second wife, Chiddingstone Castle and village - art collection and family activity days, Penshurst Place - historic stately home, gardens, adventure playground, Tonbridge Castle - Norman Motte-and-Bailey Gatehouse, Finchcocks - Georgian manor and keyboard instruments museum. Or be at the 1066 site of the Battle of Hastings in an hour.
Gardens and countryside: The Kent countryside is known as the Garden of England and you are in the heart of rolling hills, apple orchards and vineyards with wonderful local produce on offer. Why not visit Tenterden, Biddenden and Lamberhurst vineyards or visit the amazing selection of great award-winning pubs in the area? For the open countryside visit the Ashdown Forest heathland that is home to Winnie the Pooh. Tackle one of the 4 National walking trails in the area. Stroll around Bedgebury Pinetum or Go Ape on the tree top ropes zip wires and cycle paths. Stunning gardens nearby include Emmetts Garden (NT) - Edwardian estate and charming garden, Marle Place Gardens - 10 acres of private garden and an art gallery, Sprivers Garden (NT) - C18th formal garden, Sissinghurst (NT) - home of Vita Sackville-West, Pashley Manor - Grade I listed timber-framed house and gardens, Sheffield Park (NT) - C18th 'Capability' Brown landscaped gardens, lakes, Groombridge Place - garden, excellent adventure playground, events.
Adventurous activities/outdoor/children's/other: Feeling energetic? There are wonderful footpaths on the doorstep to take you through the most beautiful English countryside, leaving your car behind. Or if you fancy riding there are several equestrian centres for a trek through the Ashdown Forest, the biggest open area in SE England. Try your hand at climbing at nearby Eridge Rocks and Harrison's Rocks or at an indoor centre, take a steam train on the Spa Valley or Bluebell Steam Railway. Cycle safely along an old railway course, try the dry ski slope at Bowles, build shelters at Wilderness Wood, try your hand at sailing, windsurfing, or mountain biking at Bewl Water - or just have a picnic by the water's edge. Land that big fish at Chiddingstone lake, golf at a number of local courses or try Arena Pursuits outdoor activities including quad biking. And if it's wet, there are two nearby leisure centres with indoor pools, Tunbridge Wells has a multiplex cinema, bowling centre and we have not even mentioned the shops in the Pantiles.
Children are very welcome here and there is enough to exhaust even the most energetic.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 1 story
- 90 m²
- Max. occupancy 4
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Suitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Accessible
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- • The double bedroom is 3.86 m x 3.05 m, carpeted in a short pile oatmeal coloured carpet and is off the main living area accessed by a door 1.91 m high and 0.7 m wide opening into the room. There is a king size bed with non feather duvet and pillows. Sheets, duvets and pillow cases are poly-cotton. There is a TV aerial but no TV provided. Two lights above the bed can be switched on/off from the door or bed. It has a small built-in wardrobe, dressing table and bedside tables. There is a window and a low glass door 1.63 m high x 86 cm wide opening outwards onto a patio (3.7 m x 4.3 m), accessed by 2 steps. • Bedroom 2 is a twin bedded room, carpeted, 3.8 m x 2.85 m, beyond the kitchen with a 28 cm step up and a 73cm wide door opening inwards. The beds are oak framed with headboards, non feather duvet and pillows are provided. Sheets, duvets and pillow cases are poly-cotton. It has two casement windows, a TV aerial socket and 3 double sockets. There is a built in wardrobe and shelves....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Bedroom 1 en suite is a wet room, measures 2.06 m x 1.75 m and has a basin, heated towel rail, toilet and shower and a tiled floor. The shower is on an adjustable riser and has a glass screen. The shower controls are 109cm high and the lowest point of the shower rail is 138 cm. Bedroom 2 en suite is 2.88 m x 2 m and tiled. There is a basin, toilet, heated towel rail and a curved shower bath with a glass hinged screen near the wall and mounted shower above the bath on an adjustable rail. The lowest height is 146 cm and the controls are 103 cm high. The bath rim is 50cm high and the basin lip is 89 cm high....moreless
- The property is single storey, accessible by wheelchair via a remobable ramp but is not fully fitted for disabled people. There is one step up to the twin bedroom.The open plan sitting room/dining area is approx 5.6 m x 6.3 m with double French doors onto a patio with an outside table, chairs and sun umbrella. There is also a shed where bicycles can be safely secured. There is private off road parking space for 2 cars in the driveway of the holiday let. The lawn is approx 50 m x 21 m. Access is by pre-arrangement. Guests are asked to give a time of arrival, usually after 3 pm. The property has extensive information on local attractions, opening times and contact details and a map on the wall showing their location, books, games, CD, TV and DVD. The nearest bus stop is 50m from the house. The nearest railway stations are Ashurst (2.5 miles) or Tunbridge Wells (3.9 miles). It is only an hour to central London. There are taxis and buses at Tunbridge Wells but not at Ashurst Station....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Games For Kids
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Autumn Foliage
- Coin Laundry
- Live Theater
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Biking
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room:
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- 4 Ring Stove
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Housekeeper Optional
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable Damage Deposit $129.36
- No additional mandatory fees
- Taxes Not included
The persons occupying the holiday home undertake to keep the premises and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in or on the premises in the same state of repair and condition as at the commencement of the holiday.They also undertake to leave the premises in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. All breakages and any damage must be reported to the owner/car
Owner's cancellation policy:
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
A tranquil and charming newly-renovated cottage on the rural edge of Royal Tunbridge Wells, within the grounds of a Grade 2 listed house, awarded 5 stars by Visit Britain. Situated in a village in a Green Belt area in Kent and an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty it is perfectly placed to visit major Kent attractions like Penshurst, Hever Castle, Chartwell and Knole. The cottage has a spacious, airy sitting room/dining area with TV, wood burner, fully fitted kitchen and 2 en suite bedrooms and is set in a large, enclosed private garden, ideal for families with children. It is perfect to enjoy a BBQ on the terrace and relax after a day visiting Royal Tunbridge Wells and the Weald of Kent. It is a short stroll to the village pub and a great selection of other local pubs and restaurants are nearby. The Ashdown Forest is perfect for hiking and riding, there is sailing, tennis, climbing, fishing, cycling locally and Royal Tunbridge Wells has great shops, leisure centre, cinema and theatre.
Other Activities: Climbing (indoor and outdoor), dry slope skiing
Golf: Tunbridge Wells Golf Club is 4 miles away and suits all standards. Visitors are welcome to play the 18 hole course.
Nevill Golf Club is 6 miles away on the Southern edge of Tunbridge Wells and has a magnificent views. The course is exceptionally enjoyable and challenging at the same time and, from its tips, can stretch to nearly 6,500-yards. Visitors are very welcome but are advised to book with the secretary well in advance to avoid clashing with club dates and various members' competitions
Hever Castle Golf Club is a 250 acre 27 hole course and traditional Tudor style clubhouse, nestling among the hills straddling the counties of Kent, Surrey and Sussex. 7002 yard, par 72 layout and has hosted The Kent Open and Kent PGA Championship.
Sweetwoods Park Golf Club (6.2 miles), on the A264 beyond Blackham at Cowden, has a new clubhouse, a fine 18 hole course with four different tee positions: with undulating fairways, elevated greens, water hazards and tricky bunkers it suits all levels.
Just beyond Sweetwoods is Holtye Golf Course, a 9 hole course.
Villa Golf (3.7 miles), a family-run 9 hole pay and play in Blackham and offers a variation on the back 9. Good for beginners and anly a few minutes drive away.
Crowborough Beacon Golf Club is situated close to one of the highest points in Sussex, this 18 hole course is nearly 800ft above sea-level. There is also a 9 hole course and all weather driving range at Boars Head in Crowborough
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We have lived on the Sussex/Kent border for 12 years but have lived around the world previously and grew up in different parts of the UK. But we feel very settled here and enjoy sharing the pleasure we take from this beautfiul countryside with visitors and friends.
Why the Owner Chose Fordcombe, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, UK:
We had lived in the area for a few years and were always intrigued by the house and what lay behind the walls. It was a perfect family home for us. We saw the potential to develop the neglected outbuildings into a holiday home that would be comfortable, private and a great place from which to visit all the attractions in the area
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
This is a newly renovated cottage that is finished to a high standard. it benefits from being designed as a holiday let so is light and airy even in winter, yet cosy and warm. In the summer, guests can enjoy the large garden and eat outside. it is especially perfect for families. We love the countryside and being able to retreat to privacy when you need to and relax away from the pressures of everyday life yet still have a town as lovely as Tunbridge Wells accessible. We enjoy exploring and walking the glorious countryside, visiting country houses and gardens and of course the quaint old pubs. The cottage is perfectly placed for so many things.
- Primary: +44 01892740480
- Secondary: +44 (0)7917 064100
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The Bothy front and french doors to garden
Outside dining area
Kitchen reverse angle
Bathroom en- suite
Private off road parking and large garden
The village pub - The Chafford Arms
Penshurst with Fordcombe beyond
The Bothy and garden from the SW
The secluded patio area
Sitting room and dining area with kitchen left
The light and airy living room
Fully fitted modern kitchen
Twin bedroom bathroom en-suite
The large garden - great for children!
The paddock opposite
cricket on the village green
Nearby Hever Castle
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.