Mikida House is very bright, the furnishings are African style but all new. It is convenient, spacious, just steps from the Indian Ocean and the pool. Mikida House is located in Mambrui, 8 km north of Malindi within a tourist complex, the Karibuni Village.
The complex is surrounded by greenery, with two swimming pools one of which is 200 meters from Mikida House and the other in the center of Karibuni, near the bar and restaurant.
The structure expects you to register just arrived so you know who's inside. If you do not want to cook at home, the property offers several packages with full board or half board. It also serves home delivery. Ask directly at the Hall.
Our Estha girl is included in the cost, will come to you directly to the Hall to welcome you, make your way to the house and help you with any need. She will arrange to keep the house clean and order during your stay and this is included in the cost. He is also a great cook. Very good food both western and swahili dishes, if you like her as a cook, however, you will have to pay it separately.
My tips to be good in Kenya are few but I hope important:
• always close the door at night at night, animals may enter;
• always place someone in the place to go to places of tourist interest;
• Do not pay figures too high as rushes, considering that a day is paid 300KSh (a figure that is between 2 and 2,50 €), so a 100KSh tip will be more than welcome;
• If you do the Safari bring with you sweets, breads and biscuits. They will be useful to make children so happy that they are waiting for tourists to pass by the villages;
• If you want to meet many children you can ask Estha to accompany you to the orphanage of Mambrui, run by an Italian. If you are interested, you can bring colors and notebooks;
• The best spending is done at Malindi at 7Piani but the fruit and vegetables are also great by Noemi out of the Caribbean;
• to shop I recommend the Tourist Market in Malindi;
• Make a Kenyan card. It will be easier to communicate with the locals.
• Tsavo East Safari
• Marine Safari
• Shale with the bike and passage to the Sabaki river
• Sunset at Marafa
MORE DIFFICULT EXPERIENCE TO BE CARRIED OUT (FOR MORE THAN ONE WEEK)
• Lamu Island
• Safari at Amboseli
These are my tips to make the most of this experience. However, I will be at your disposal for any need by mail or telephone.