- english, french, spanish, portuguese
About Maria Real
Lives in Braga and is a teacher os foreign languages.
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Lovely property close to the sea & beautiful village of Apulia
The property had everything we needed. The owners gave us a warm welcome, lots of useful information and helped us with a problem with our rental car - very kind. The property is only about 300 metres from the sea & a glorious sandy beach . The village of Apulia is a short walk with plenty of restaurants & great views along the way. Recommend a walk back along the beach at sunset for some amazing photo opportunities. The reason I marked down the neighbourhood is nothing to do with the property, but about the very noisy dogs close by who loved nothing more than barking a lot overnight. Bring earplugs!
Dear Jill, thank you once again for the great review you left about “Casa do Sol”.
Indeed, this property has the privilege to be located in a calm environment near the sea, river and pinewoods.
However, we can sometimes listen to some barking, in the distance, not interfering at all, with the night sleep and rest. Up to now, no guests have mentioned that fact as being annoying. They underline being a peaceful and quiet place.
We wish you all the best!
Maria and family
Casa do Sol is an absolutely delightful, sunny, comfortable and modern villa for 8 people.
This lovely villa is located in a quiet and relaxing area, 300ms. away from the beach and the typical local restaurants, close to the idyllic village of Apúlia, where many of the inhabitants are farmers and fishermen. About 30kms. away you will find some urban centres of the North of Portugal: Oporto, Braga, Guimarães, Viana do Castelo. Esposende is the nearest town with a lot of touristic attractions.
The villa, fully equipped and furnished, is composed of basement with 2 car garage, laundry; ground floor with hall, bathroom, kitchen, living/dining room (with sofa bed); 1st floor: spacious suite (king size bed, sofa bed with private bathroom), 2 large bedrooms (1 double/2 twin beds) and a bathroom.
Around the house there is a nice garden with lawn, swimming-pool, shower, barbecue and garden furniture.
This villa meets all the requirements to make your stay a happy and unforgettable moments of rest and pleasure. Have a nice stay!
The beach is about 300m away, just at the end of the main street. You can also bring your fishing rod or hire one. You don’t need a license, just luck for a good fishing in the river! A wooden trekking path was recently built along the river and the beach. It’s a very nice place for a walk or a picnic. You can also hire a bike (in Esposende) to have a ride in this path or other suitable areas for this purpose.
Nearest towns: Esposende (3Km), Póvoa do Varzim (15km), Braga (36km- Sanctuary Bom Jesus and Sameiro, most antique cathedral of Portugal, Guimarães (50km) European capital of culture 2012, Oporto (45km) and airport,
Nearest village: Fão (500m), Apúlia (1km).
-Sandy beach (watched) (300m),
- River (for fishing)
- Minimarket, cafe, restaurant, bakery / patisserie, chemist, hospital, church…
- Fruit and fish market (Apúlia and Esposende),
- Sailing/ Surf school (100m),
- Tennis Courts: “Axis Hotel Ofir” (300m), “Estalagem do Rio” (500m), “Barca do Lago Golf” (1km), “Estella Tennis Court” with 18-hole golf course approx. 6km,
- In Esposende- Celtic ruins (“Castro de São Lourenço) and swimming pool with artificial waves,
- Restaurants: A Lareira, Pedra Alta, Bar de Fão, A Cabana, Os Mudos, Tio Pepe, O Camelo, Azeite e Alho…
- Oporto wine cellars (45km from Esposende) in Gaia over the ”Douro” river bank
- Magnificent gastronomy of the region: fresh fish and seafood, delicious pastry: "Clarinhas de Fão" ,"Folhadinhos".
- GPS - Lat.: 41º 29.38’ 70’’ N Long.: 8º 46’52 18’’ W