Luxury Newly Remodeled Villa with Freshwater Pool and Pavillion.(0 Reviews)
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1-7 nights
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
About the Property
Two three bedroom units, and seperate cottage all en suite, air conditioned.
The property and booking: Both units are equipped with gas ranges,two burner electric cooktops, microwaves, toaster ovens,fridge freezer, separate chest freezer, large cooler,dishwasher, washer/dryer, a full range of small appliances, glassware, plastic glasses for poolside use, cutlery,crockery and table and bedroom linen including beach and house towels. Guests need only bring their clothes, personal entertainment and themselves. Maid service is provided five days a week and a non resident property manager is always available to help with requests, information and reservations. The units can be booked separately or jointly on weekly or monthly terms, substantial discounts from the published weekly rates are given for joint and extended bookings. Although a car is not necessary to enjoy this property, rental cars(small SUVs), motor scooters and bicycles are readily available and the local taxi services and shared 'dollar' vans which follow set routes, but pick up and drop on demand are safe and excellent.
Bequia and its people: Bequia has a population of about six thousand, made up of descendants of Scottish and Portuguese whalers, a mixed group and some one thousand expatriates, some of whom live permanently on the island. Without exception Bequians welcome visitors and are friendly, helpful and courteous and earn their livelihood from seafaring, fishing, shipping and tourism. It is customary to extend a formal greeting before doing any business and most people are known by their nicknames rather than their given names. Clothing is very casual and shorts, light shirts and sandals are the norm even in the fine dining restaurants. The island is still very much a community and is large enough to have a range of services and activities without the mass tourism, high rise buildings, large hotels and over development common in the larger islands. It is possible to kick back and do nothing or enjoy the many activities available, particularly those associated with the beach, sea, and boats.
Sevices and access: Most of the Christian churches are represented, there are two banks with ATM services, a hospital, and private medical practitioners and a government complex which houses customs, immigration , postal service, driving permits and police.(serious crime is rare and the police are on top of their job). Electricity is 220/240 volt single phase and generally uses UK type plugs ( 110 volt supply and European and USA converters are available in Ylang Ylang). Supermarkets and deli shopping, a beer and soft drink wholesale depot and fresh vegetable and fish markets are all located in Port Elizabeth although St Vincent provides a larger range at slightly lower prices.
External access is usually by major airline to St Lucia, Barbados or Trinidad and then LIAT , the regional airline to St Vincent and a one hour ferry ride to Bequia. Local airlines fly directly into Bequia from St Vincent, Barbados and the lower Grenadines which are also connected by fast catamaran ferry to Bequia.
When you're ready to book, here are some things to keep in mind
We recommend you complete your booking on VRBO or ask the owner to send you a payment request through VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2011
- 5000 sq. ft.
- Max. occupancy 14
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Daily Maid Service
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Low Allergen Environment
- Unsuitable For Elderly Or Infirm
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 9-14
- All bedrooms are air conditioned ( individual single splits) with ensuite facilities- Pink and Green also have additional in bedroom vanity areas with sinks. All bedrooms have tiled floors with oriental rugs. They are fitted with blinds, curtains, ceiling and standing fans and, with the exception of Pink, sitting areas of various sizes.Mosquito nets(more for decoration than use) are installed. Top quality linen is provided and changed at least twice weekly, colour coded house and beach towels are also supplied. Each unit has an over and under washer/dryer for the use of guests. Bed rails are available for one of the queen beds in Jasmine old master bedroom and a single inflatable bed with bedrails which can be used either as a cot or playpen is generally available....moreless
Bathrooms: 7 Bathrooms
- The bathrooms for Jasmine Pink and Amaryllis green are ensuite but also have separate entrances from the respective lounges to act as powder rooms for guests without entering the bedrooms. All hot water is by solar heater and there is ample water storage( Bequia does not have a municipal water system and all water is collected from roofs and stored in tanks or cisterns). Other than cleaning material and lavatory paper, toiletries are not provided as we find most guests prefer to use their own. All ensuite bathrooms comprise a W.C., one or two washbasins and a shower. There is also an external open air cold water shower adjacent to the pool....moreless
- The property is geared for relaxation and getting away from it all. We live in Trinidad and built it primarily for our own use and it reflects a casual but sophisticated Caribbean lifestyle. It is particularly suitable for large parties or two families and events such as reunions, small weddings and group functions. We have many friends and contacts in the local community and simply by staying at Ylang Ylang they will be yours too.On a small island for a limited vacation period this can make all the difference to your experience. We hope that you will enjoy Bequia as much as we do and return, as many do, for extended future stays. Our normal rental period is one week and change over day is Saturday, but subject to prior bookings this is very flexible. However, we do not rent for shorter periods than seven days, but particularly for the week(s) containing Christmas and New Year, will try and accomodate guests with flexible arrangements for start days and stays of one week plus....moreless
- Books For Adults
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Botanical Garden
- Rain Forests
Local Services & Businesses
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Near The Ocean
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Activities Guide
- Air Conditioning
- Basic Soaps
- Ceiling Fans
- Filtered Water
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Laundry Soap
- Linens Provided
- Local Activities Guide
- Local Maps
- Local Restaurant Guide
- Mobile Phone
- Paper Towels
- Parking Off Street
- 2 Ring Stove
- 4 Ring Stove
- Coffee Grinder
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Lobster Pot
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Beach Towels
Deck / Patio:
Amaryllis has a covered and an open deck with full al fresco dining facilities. Jasmine has the exclusive use of The pavillion , with kitchen, BBQ, dining table and seating. The pool deck is shared....moreless
- Fish Cleaning Table
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Outdoor Grill Gas
- Porch / Veranda
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- Housekeeper Included
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 27 - Apr 1, 2017
7 night min stay
Apr 2 - Apr 29, 2017
7 night min stay
Apr 30 - Oct 28, 2017
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Rental rates are per unit, The Cottage(only rented with Amaryllis) is an additional $750, high season and $500 low season per week.
Hand over days are flexible subject to other bookings, Part weeks may be accommodated on a pro rata basis but minimum rental period is one week.
Christmas and New year bookings will usually require a two week stay to include both days.
Deposit to secure booking is 20% of rental with balance due one month before commencement of visit.
No security deposit is required but guests are responsible for major damages and losses.
Substantial discounts are given for booking Amaryllis and Jasmine together and for stays of more than one week- please see our website or contact owner for details.
Payments to be made by wire transfer to owners' bank accounts in either USA $ or Pounds Sterling. Euros will be accepted subject to exchange rates at time of transfer.
On arrival in St Vincent you will need passports, the house address, and possibly a copy of the booking contract together with your return ticket for immigration. By and large no visas are required by St. Vincent for citizens of first world countries.
The taxi fare from the airport to the ferry dock is EC$ 30.(exchange rate 2.7EC$=1 US$)
The ferry ticket (just walk on, no booking required) is EC$35 return or EC$20 single.
The government exit tax on departure is EC$40 or US$ 16.is now included in the air ticket price.
Payment can be made in EC$ or US$ but, except in restaurants and hotels, credit cards are not widely used in St. Vincent and the Grenadines,
Once we know your incoming travel arrangements you will be met at the Bequia ferry dock (or airport) , taken to Ylang Ylang and given a full orientation.
A starter pack of groceries is included .
Owner's cancellation policy:
Policy available by contacting owner when booking
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Car: Not Necessary
Villa Ylang Ylang nestles above the Mount Pleasant Road in the hills just above Admiralty Bay, facing West with spectacular marine and sunset views. Enjoying a central location in Bequia, it is a five minute walk to the famous harbourside boardwalk leading to the main village of Port Elizabeth and its banks, churches,supermarkets, restaurants, bars, shops and the St. Vincent ferry dock. Bequia's two main beaches, Princess Margaret Bay and Lower Bay, with their clear water ,fine sand, beach bars and restaurants are a short distance in the other direction. Friendship Bay, and the villages of La Pompe and Paget Farm, leading to the airport lie just over the central hill. In the other direction the windward areas of Spring, Hope and Industry with their wilder beach fronts and strong breezes are a short ride away as is the northern side of Admiralty Bay where the fine dining restaurants are mainly situated.
Other Activities: turtle sanctuary
Golf: Golf and Casino gambling are available on the island of Canouan, approximately 16 miles south of Bequia,which can be reached by fast catamaran ferry or island airline. Eco tourism activities including the rain forest, volcano and botanical gardens are located in St. Vincent.
- Primary: +1868 6379359 house phone
- Secondary: +1868 6854781 mobile phone
- Tertiary: +1 6033568097 house phone
- Fax: +1868 6329559 not monitored on a regular basis-please use e mail
Amaryllis- Von Deetjen Bedroom
Amaryllis brown bedroom
Amaryllis Dining area
Amaryllis open deck
Jasmine-Old Master Bedroom
Jasmine New Master Bedroom
Jasmine Dinig Area
Amaryllis- The Cottage
Pool and Pavillion
Amaryllis- Blue Bedroom
Amaryllis- covered patio and front deck
Jasmine New Master Bedroom
Jasmine- Pink Bedroom
Jasmine Dining Area and Lounge
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.