2 Morris Hall Farm Cottages is a charming 2 bedroomed cottage which sits on the edge of the pretty village of Norham in North Northumberland. The cottage is a short walk into the village (3/4 mile) and surrounded by some fabulous countryside and river walks. The cottage is one of 4 properties, each with their own outside space, with seating areas ideal for relaxing and enjoying the sunshine.
Norham sits on the southern bank of the Tweed, the river forming the national boundary between England and Scotland. Norham has an historic Castle and Church and is a wonderful centre for visitors, with a wide range of fascinating locations and attractions within easy travelling distance.
The village boasts 2 pubs, a fantastic butcher, bakers, as well as a local shop/newsagents and garage. The historic village is one of the most northerly in England. Situated on the south bank of the magnificent River Tweed, steeped in history, it is a magnificent place to live or visit.
Dominating the village, sitting on a bluff overlooking the river, the castle featured in many Border conflicts until the Union of the Crowns. It was a favourite subject for JMW Turner, and many artists since, on their Borders visits.
Ideally situated for fishing enthusiasts. Take a riverside walk and enjoy the beauty and tranquillity of the scenery. You can obtain a trout fishing permit or just spend a lazy day watching the salmon, swans, herons, ducks and numerous other varieties of birds that share this beauty spot.
The River Tweed has always been famous for its salmon and is still regarded today as one of the best salmon fishing rivers in the country, with Berwick still having a very small fishing fleet. Fishing, golf and riding are all available locally and there is a leisure centre in Tweedmouth offering a pool with waves and flume. One mile away from the centre of Berwick is the seaside resort of Spittal, with its sandy beaches.
Berwick has excellent public transport and there is a frequent train service to both Newcastle, Edinburgh and Durham.
The cottage is within travelling distance of the beautiful Northumberland East coastline including Berwick Upon Tweed, Holy Island, Bamburgh, Seahouses and Wooler to the West for the Cheviots and the Northumberland National Park.
The area is surrounded by countless walking and cycling routes including The St Cuthberts Way.
Moving just over the Scottish border, it is also only a short drive to Eyemouth, St Abbs and Coldingham which are also well known for their beautiful beaches. St Abbs is a picturesque harbour village with a sandy beach and very popular for windsurfing.
The cottage is perfectly placed for a trip to the cities of Edinburgh or Newcastle. You can either enjoy a train ride from Berwick which takes around 45 minutes or by car which will take you just over an hour.
The cottage is an ideal base to explore Northumberland’s many fabulous castles dotted along the coast and up into the Scottish Borders where there are many stately homes to visit.
The cottage has a seating area to the front of the property with garden furniture and a small patio to the rear. There is parking for 2 vehicles. The property comprises of a dining kitchen area on the ground floor with a shower room and WC. There is a living room with a wood burning stove and a small snug both with televisions, making it ideal for 2 couples.
On the first floor there are 2 double bedrooms one with a small ensuite with a bath (no shower). Both bedrooms have a small television.
(Please note the bedrooms have sloping ceilings with one large velux window. There is limited head room in the upstairs bathroom and bedrooms).
Televisions with freeview, WiFi, selection of books and games available. Bed line and towels included. Fitted with cooker/hob/fridge freezer/microwave and dishwasher. First fire wood provided with further to purchase.
*Please note we have a further cottage available at the same location which can sleep up to 6 people.
1 well behaved pet welcome
We do not allow smoking.
The owners live in one of the adjoining properties.
Our Terms and Conditions:
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions as agreed to at the time of booking.
• A contract between you and the owners will come into existence when we receive payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
• The balance must be paid so as to arrive no later than six weeks before the commencement of your holiday. If the balance is not received by the due date then your holiday will be treated as a cancellation and the client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent.
• We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
• Your booking will not be cancelled by the owner except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability for cancellation will be limited to payments made to us.
• The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 4 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition. We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
• We or our representative reserve the right to enter the property at any time to undertake essential maintenance or for inspection purposes.
• Pets or smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. This must be strictly adhered to and any damage or extra cleaning caused by pets or smoking will be at the expense of you.
• Damage deposit – In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full for any loss that we may incur as a result.
The security deposit will be returned within 7 days of the end of your holiday less the cost of damage/breakages.
• Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could replace them or advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday & you may be charged for any loss or damage found.
• Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
• The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
• The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability.
• The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
• Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
• We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others.
• Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
• We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
The full address is
Morris hall farm holiday cottages
Berwick upon tweed
We have found that Some sat navs will send you the next farm along the road .
If this happens please feel free to give us a call and i will come and find you .
The property can be found on google maps .this will send you to exactly were we are .
There is also a business page on google for morris hall farm holiday cottages .this also has our location and you can use this page to do a route finder .
If for any reason you get lost please dont worrie and give me a call on 07903438970 and will pop and get you .