4 BR 2 BA Cottage with Pool, Minutes From Lighthouse, Beaches, Ramps, and Shops
Barbara and Tony Ziselberger
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Very well stocked house in a quiet neighborhood. Very clean and a very short drive to both ocean and soundside beaches.
The owners were in constant communication and checking into the house was a breeze.
If you are looking for a nice quiet home away from home, this is a great place.
loved our home away from home
We really enjoyed the time spent at this house while on our 1st trip to OBX! Very spacious and clean and had a lot to offer!
Beautiful, quiet home is perfect for relaxing family trip -- but could use new driveway
- The home is WAY more spacious and nicer in person than it shows in the pictures. I highly recommend that the owner hire a professional photographer to better showcase the house's true size and charm. We almost thought we were in the wrong house, it looked so much better in person. Pleasant surprise.
- The home is extremely private, down a road that is, at times dirt, at times paved. It is super quiet and secluded. Deer were regular visitors to the backyard. So if you're looking for a quiet getaway (not quite on the beach), this home is a perfect setting for that.
- The rental really has all the amenities of home, with its washer, dryer, full kitchen, bikes, etc.
- The home is perfectly situated on the island, in my opinion -- far enough off the beaten path that you feel like you're escaping the main strip's hustle... but still no more than 5 minutes from the grocery store, the gas station, restaurants, the beach, the lighthouse, etc.
- The driveway. It is a narrow, long mix of gravel and very, very fine sand. It starts off steep, and then levels out to flat. If you do not have a four-wheel drive vehicle or a tiny sedan, you may have trouble going up it, or backing out of it. We did. Our van got stuck in the sand on the 4th of July. The neighbor (SUPER friendly) tried to help us get out with his tractor, but was ultimately unable, leaving us forced to call a tow truck, losing hours of our holiday (and adding an unexpected vacation expense.) I highly recommended that the owners invest in an improved driveway.
- The pool. The pool itself is very warm and relaxing. However, it looks much larger in the pictures than it actually is in person. It was fine for our family with children, but if you are coming as multiple adults, you will be crowded if you're all in the pool together.
- The appliances. The dishwasher could probably use an upgrade. If you don't pre-wash your dishes, you'll likely have to re-wash them when the cycle is finished. Also, there is no garbage disposal, which makes doing dishes a bit messier than we are used to.
- The air conditioning. The home's instructions said not to keep the air below 74 degrees or something like that (I can't remember the exact number), warning that if you went any lower, the unit could freeze up. During the night, when the sun was down, and the fans were blowing, this temperature was bearable. But if you decide to spend time inside during the day, it can get quite muggy.
Adam, we hope you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the detailed feedback. We are investigating options to improve the driveway.
Great clean house with nice little pool. Excellent for Families with little kids
We stayed for a week in this nicely updated house. The location was nice as you could (just) see the lighthouse from the kitchen area. Beaches around the area are nice and calm. We like the fact that it was away from the busier part of the OBX.
Inside it had a nice modern look and much better than the photo's look. The bedrooms and linens were crisp and clean.
The only recommendation we have for the owner is to put a few steps in the grass from the pool to the house so the kids feet stay clean.
We are so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay! Thanks for the feedback. A path to the pool is next on our TODO list!
Our stay was wonderful.
We really enjoyed our stay. We were close enough to the beach. It was great having the bikes and the pool. The house was very clean and roomy.
This is our second stay (July - Aug 2016 was the first). I was very impressed that the house was in great shape, just as it was a year ago. Everything was still functioning, and super clean. A fully stocked kitchen; many games, toys, etc; beach gear. The little things are taken care of, as well (three bicycles, pool floats, air pumps, etc.) The next door neighbor takes care of the pool, which was very clean as well. We met some of the other neighbors, who are also very friendly.
The house is on a very secluded dead end street. Tremendous amount of privacy, and quiet. The beach is a short 3-4 minute drive. Ramps 43/44 are around 5-6 minutes away for some off roading fun, as well.
Barbara is very communicative, and very helpful with whatever we needed; available to answer our questions.
Looking forward to our next stay in 2018!