Come and escape to this beautiful private lakefront year-round retreat near Land ‘O Lakes, Wisconsin, situated on the south shore of Lac Vieux Desert with your own private 180-degree views of the lake and wilderness to the north. Lac Vieux Desert means "the Beautiful View" and it lives up to it's name - expect incredible sunrises and sunsets that will absolutely take your breath away! You can be assured of peace and tranquility listening to the wind whistling through the 100’ pines and oaks, watching the waves on the lake, as well as the loons, eagles, Blue Heron, ducks, otter and deer parading by in their natural splendor. You might even see a bear or moose. The property is just east of Hillside Resort, which should not be missed for the Friday night fish/chicken fry, as well as Saturday and Sunday prime rib and walleye feast and drinks. The North woods ambience and view of the lake alone is worth the visit.
The lake is surrounded by the majestic Ottawa National Forest to the north and the Nicollet National forest to the south on the famous Lac Vieux Desert - a 4,200-acre class A world record musky lake, with excellent walleye, northern, bass fishing, and of course pan-fish, perch, and crappies for the kids. It’s also a great lake to swim, water ski, wakeboard, jet-ski, or simply canoe in a calm bay or evening. The property has direct access to the lake and major trails during the winter snowmobile season. There is ample room for parking and trailers.
This property is set on an private 1.5-acre parcel, where peace, quiet, and seclusion await you. Near Hillside Resort where the Friday night fish-fry and old time up-north bar are a must, filled with fish and game trophies! With 2 warm cozy bedrooms, one lower level suite, 2 full bathrooms, this home has sleeping accommodations for up to 8 guests. This home is a great size, and layout for a medium sized family or groups traveling together. You and your family and friends will have plenty of room to spread out over 1,400-square-feet of comfortable living space, featuring rustic north woods decor, great pictures, and expansive windows throughout the dining and living room to admire the gorgeous forest and lake views with wrap around deck. Spend fun evenings and rainy days at home in the walk out lower level family room, which offers a large queen hide a bed and sofa, games galore, and a modern flat screen TV with Direct TV dish service, as well as CD player and lots of movies.
Full laundry room with washer and dryer as well. Outdoor features include a large deck with table and lots of chairs, gas BBQ grill, lakeside campfire pit with firewood, picnic table and 70’ pier with 4000 lb. boat hoist. Lots of yard room for volleyball/badminton, and over 100 feet of awesome lake frontage, with your own private rocky beach and shallow sandy room to play by the pier. The flat lot offers easy access to the lake, and you’ll find great fishing off the 70-foot dock! Plenty of chairs are provided on the deck and at the firepit! The property is on a private blacktop road, so kids have a great area to ride their bikes, skateboard, or hike.
Even though you may want to spend your time simply sitting back and relaxing, you’ll find an abundance of fun activities within very close proximity of the house. From the front yard, you can enjoy immediate access to fishing or canoeing, and in the winter, direct access to the lake and snow mobile trails from our lakefront.
No need to drive anywhere to access the trail! In the area, the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Chippewa offers a beautiful casino complex with gambling, bingo, golf, and a good restaurant. The annual Indian PowWow is held across the lake at the Indian Village. Bond Falls is a short drive away and is a local favorite. If you’re interested in the nearby Paulding Mystery Light, Sylvania Wilderness Area, canoe or boat rentals, cross-country skiing, the Watersmeet Trout Hatchery, or the Ottawa National Forest Visitor Center, you will find information regarding these attractions inside the cabin. Within an hour’s drive, you can see the Old Victoria Mining Community, Caledonia Mine, Lake of the Clouds, Little Girl’s Point, multiple downhill ski hills, ski jumping areas, and many scenic drives. This house is the perfect central base to experience Vilas County and the entire western Upper Peninsula!
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable beds with linens, large deck, large private grassy yard, multiyear driveway, 70-foot dock, gas BBQ grill, and 100 feet of lake frontage with private beach.
- 4000 lb. boat hoist set up for fish/ski or pontoon boats provided for guests.
- Extremely private, tranquil setting on the Lac Vieux Desert with close proximity to numerous activities and attractions
- Deck/Patio: Is off the living room and kitchen overlooking the lakefront. The deck has a BBQ grill, patio table with umbrella, and several Adirondack style chairs and tables. The patio has a fold out picnic table for kids, as well as another picnic table down by the lake.
- Lawn: Large flat area for games and fun.
- Kitchen: Open galley kitchen with new modern stainless steel refrigerator and sink, with microwave in the kitchen. House has a well stocked kitchen, guests are welcome to use any items we have in the cabinets.
- The shallow waters in front of the house offer a fantastic place for children to swim and play! Water sox or shoes are needed for the occasional rocks near beach.
- Master Bedroom (Tommy Bahamas Bird Room): Queen-sized bed with lots of pillows
- Bedroom 2 (Maxwell Parish Retreat): Full-sized Bed with lots of pillows.
- Bedroom 3- lower level suite (Born in the USA Family Room and Suite): Queen-sized hide-a- bed with lots of pillows.
- Living Room (Lakeview Living Room): One full sized hide-a- bed.
- 6 Person recommended maximum occupancy. $25 extra per night for up to 2 more occupants. Maximum 8 person capacity
- No smoking, except outside on the deck.
- Owner provides and requires a signed rental agreement before entering the property.
- Pet friendly- $100.00 per dog (dogs only, maximum 2 permitted) Contact owner if more than two dogs.
- Must be at least 25 years old to book
- Additional cleaning fee and taxes apply
- No large gatherings or parties allowed; unless agreed upon by owner. If you're found violating this agreement the renter can be evicted without a refund.