Now taking reservations for 2018.
Beautiful 3 bedroom, 1.5 bathroom cottage sleeps 6 people with additional room for 2 more on couches. Located on Sturgeon Lake, part of the Trent Severn Waterway system, it’s within walking distance of Fenelon Falls in the heart of the Kawartha Lakes and is approximately 90 minutes from the GTA. This flat landscaped property makes accessibility easy and there is ample room for parking.
The cottage is fully furnished and is equipped with fridge, stove, washer, dryer, clothes line, cutlery, dishes, toaster, coffee maker, microwave, Satellite TV, DVD, Surround Sound speakers, high speed internet/WiFi and a gas fireplace.
On the large 12 foot by 30 foot deck is a BBQ equipped with propane, table and chairs for dining, and patio furniture for socializing with friends and family. A fire pit for evening fires comes with plenty of free wood for your use.
The waterfront has a soft, sandy bottom on the shoreline and a gradual slope into the lake that swimmers of all ages can enjoy. The lake itself has excellent fishing with plenty of pickerel, walleye, musky and bass to be caught; and water sports of all sorts (eg. skiing, tubing, etc) can be enjoyed if you have the proper equipment.
The depth at the end of the 50 foot dock is approximately 4 feet and there is an “L” shape area that is 10 feet by 20 feet making for plenty of seating room to enjoy the warm summer sun and the soft sound of water lapping up to shore.
An aluminum row boat and a canoe equipped with oars, paddles and required safety gear on board is available for your use (NOTE: PFD life jackets are not included, you must have your own).
If you bring your own watercraft there are cleats and bumpers on the dock to tie up to and two public launches are within easy walking distance from the cottage for launching. A marina in Fenelon Falls is also available if needed.
Badminton, Bocce Ball, and other activities are available at the cottage for those who enjoy outdoor games.
For shoppers, the town of Fenelon Falls has all conveniences readily available. Included are shops, restaurants, banks, grocery stores, gas stations, ice cream shops, as well as Canadian Tire, Home Hardware, LCBO and the Beer Store. Take a relaxing walk and you’ll see that The Falls and boat locks garner plenty of attention too.
• This enjoyable getaway package rents for $1,650 per week ($250 per night). Payable when reservation is confirmed (see * below).
• We only book by the week (Saturday to Saturday) from mid June to the weekend after Labour day
• A $500 refundable security/cleaning/damage deposit is also required upon reservation which is returned to the renter within 7 days of departure, pending property inspection for damage and cleanliness for the next set of renters.
• Check in: Saturday, 2:00 pm.
• Check out: Saturday, 10:00 am.
• Watercraft and boat lifts shown in pictures are not included.
• Pillows and comforters are provided. Please bring your own sheets
• Smoking outside only due to allergies.
• Pets need to be approved by the owner, additional charges will apply.
• Cancellation Policy: If the period of rental is re-booked subsequent to cancellation a refund for the period rented, less a cancellation fee of $150 will be issued.
* For reservations made prior to April 30, 2018 only a $500 deposit is required. Remaining fees including the refundable security deposit are required by May 1, 2018.
Please note - Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Code-enforced neighborhood quiet hours are from 11:00 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. Thank you