This houseboat is comfortable place with all you will need - no amenity lost. Full kitchen, living space with sleeper sofa and table, bathroom with shower and toilet, wall heaters for cozy nights, 1 double size bed. Comfortably accommodates 2 people, with room for a 3rd on the main couch.
As for living on a boat, there is little like it, and I suggest you try it out. You might be looking at some shwanky pad as well, and that would be great, but this is a cool experience, a piece of Seattle history you should wear for a few days when you can. It's an opportunity to be around the mayhem that is water life during the day, and the peace and tranquility that floating can be at night.
- 1 double bed
- 1 space on bench seating for smaller person to sleep
- Full kitchen (refrigerator, stove, coffee press, kitchen essentials)
- Heated (wall heaters)
- Full bathroom (shower, toilet, sink)
- Wireless internet
- Kid friendly
- Indoor and outdoor breakfast/eating nook
- Deck and roof lounge area
- Parking out front the marina office building at a cost of $1 per hour. Weekdays, it is free before 9 am and after 4 pm. Weekends are free as well. Note: due to guest parking passes being taken by guests repeatedly, they are no longer available.
- Propane BBQ
- 3 kayaks - first come, first serve. No reservations available.
You will have access to the place all yourself. I will have shower items for you, towels, sheets, etc.
Access to the boat is via a self-check in process. All access and reservation instructions will be included in the confirmation page after booking.
Interaction with Guests...
Just a phone call away for whatever you need.
The area sits conveniently close to downtown Seattle and tucked between Fremont and Ballard. For those checking out the city, this is a great location. For those on business, also super convenient and comfortable. The closest grocery store is about a mile away in Fremont (PCC) so keep that in mind.
The marina is on a local bus line.
Other Things to Note...
- It's important to know that this is a boat and not a house, and that's its charm. While it does have everything you will need, its not like living in a house - doors are smaller, toilets are funny, stairs are steep, and sometimes the boat rocks.
- The ceiling height is not standard, max 7', plus there are a few smaller accesses to different parts of the house. If you are very tall, you may find this irritating. The stairs to the floor are steep and narrow as well. If you have physical difficulties, this may not be the best match.
- On occasion the toilet holding tank does get filled and it unable to be pumped on weekends. There are bathrooms at the marina for use, which I encourage. I will not offer any refunds if the holding tank does fill and is unable to be pumped. Of course, we will do our best, but there are limitations.
- I have 3 kayaks available first come, first serve.
- There is a little cafe at the marina which does has WIFI, coffee, beer, wine. It is not open weekends.
- You will also receive full check-in instructions and the house manual before your arrival.