House with Waterfront(0 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Property type:House
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
House with 1 bathroom and 9 sleeps.
Excellent fishing conditions with salmon, trout and any salt-water fish.
Take day trips to Hardangerfjorden or Lysefjorden.
The Grindafjord camping lies only two kilometres away.It has lot of activites such as minigolf,trampolines,farm animals and a great waterworld with slides into the water.Non-campers are welcomed but you have to pay a small entrance fee. You can also get served food at Grindafjord camping.At least once a week they serve 'Komle' which is a traditional dish where the main ingridient is potatoes.
Skjoldastaumen have the only functionable saltwater sluice/floodgate in Norway. Apart from the historical aspects of this beautiful place it also has a grocery-store and a gas station.
Notaflåt is a public beach located in Skjoldastaumen. It is whelelchair-friendly and have an beach-volleyball court.
Aksdal center is the closest center for shopping..Here you have the tourist information office,bank,post, and about 20 stores.It also have a library and an indoor swimming-pool and an indoor-climbing wall. Behind the center you can see the Aksdal-lake.
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Learn more
Member since: 2011
- 120 m²
- Max. occupancy 10
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Considered
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- It has 4 bedrooms with four large beds and 2 single beds.And a child bed. There are also an extra double bed on the second floor of the boathouse.Please note that the room is not isolated. The are also 3 fold-out beds in the house. Two of the king size beds are brand new,bought in the Easter 2012. Madrasses to one of the large double beds are also brand new,bought in the Easter 2012. One of the bedrooms is also renewed in the Easter 2012. The other bedrooms in the second floor will be renewed before the 2013 season....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom is up to date and fully renewed.
- A little explanation about fishing in Grindafjord: At the bottom of Grindafjord everything is dead because of the lack of oxygen.Usually we only fish down to 20 metres or so.Even so,you can catch 'deep-water' fish like cod(torsk,as we call it in Norway) or pollack(lyr) Saithe/coalfish (sei) is also a local resident. There is also plenty of rather large Eel (ål) in the fjord. Mackrell (makrell) is fun and easy to catch and a great sight when they hunt herring(sild) on a calm surface. Since there is less salt and more fresh water in Grindafjord the water is kind of brackish and perfect for trout(ørret) fishing. The Grindafjord trout is known to be especially tastefull and in big numbers. We also have salmon(laks) i Grindafjord. Every year salmon swims up a tiny river in the fjord that ends up to a water called 'Fugalvatnet', to mate. In 'Fuglavatnet' you have to buy a fishing liscence to fish.You can buy that at the Shell gas station in Aksdal....moreless
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Horseback Riding
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Ski Lift Privileges
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Dining Room
- Seating for 10 people
- Local Maps
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Beach Chairs
- Boat Dock
- Inflatable Boat
- Kayak / Canoe
- Large Cooler
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Small Cooler
- Walkway To Water
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- No additional mandatory fees
Please send an e-mail and tell me when you want to rent it, and I will give you a price.
The prices vary from 5000 to 8000 NOK per week.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The house is located near Haugesund,in Rogaland,which is a beautiful city between Stavanger and Bergen.
It is not far to Hardangerfjorden or Lysefjorden.
The roads to Tysvær(Tysvaer)
Tysvær has many fjords and beautiful scenery with its steep hills and wild nature.
The center of Tysvær is Aksdal which is a small center located a few kilometres away from Grindafjord.
It is only 20 kilometres into Haugesund City which has its own airport (Karmøy lufthavn) and
numerous of ferry lines.
Tysvær is easily accessed since all the main roads goes through Aksdal. (E39Stavanger -Bergen and E134 Oslo-Haugesund)
Either you are coming in from Oslo/Bergen or from Stavanger/Haugesund make sure to turn towards Grinde ( the roadnumber is 515) in the big roundabout.
The house number is 378.
The street name is 'Skjoldastraumvegen'.
The GPS co-ordinates is :
N 59º 25.863 and E 5º 30.631
(not 100% accurate,but close enough)
Tysvær ist leicht von Stavanger/Haugesund und Bergen/Oslo zugreiten.
About the owner: Welcome to our holiday rental house which is located in Grindafjord, in Tysvær kommune,near Haugesund. The house is owned by my brother,Nils Arne Oddenes, and myself,Jan Eirik Oddenes. Our good friend Mr Jostein Søvik is our helping hand..He lives nearby and can be helpful with all sorts of matters.
- Primary: +47 +47 91163397
Links to more information:
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from the living-room
View from inside the boathouse
14 feet boat. 4 Hp engine.
Second floor bedroom.
The pier. Easter holiday 2012.
The beach is friendly for small children.
The boathouse,The house and the garage.
The boathouse and Grindafjord.
View from the Living room
You get mostly seatrout and mackrel from the pier.
The bedroom on ground floor.
View from the pier
The main house
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.