Stunning Architectural Beachfront Villa - Secluded Luxury
The owner has been emailed.
This owner doesn't offer online booking through VRBO's checkout. You won't be eligible for our Book with Confidence Guarantee.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram. Learn more
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Property type:Villa
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
Perfect privacy and the sweeping drama of magnificent ocean views from every room of this new villa harmonize with The Retreat's natural setting. Perched hillside just 110 feet above the live coral reefs, white sands, and soothing surf sounds of pristine Dreekets Bay on Saint John's unspoiled east end, The Retreat is sequestered behind an electronic gate.
The landscaped entry courtyard, set with a pergola, lap pool, hot tub, and a terrace for sunning and relaxation, welcomes its privileged guests into an aura of tranquil serenity and beauty swept by cooling tradewinds. Its three pavilions, washed with cool green hues, are all on one level and sited to overlook one of the most stunning ocean views in the Caribbean - a sparkling, long-distance panorama of Sir Francis Drake Channel with the verdant island of Tortola beyond. Two equal, air-conditioned, king-size bedroom/bath suites flank either side of the main pavilion, and both offer a loft with extra-long, double-size beds (accessed by wooden pull-down ladders). The baths feature romantic outdoor showers, from which the spectacular views can be enjoyed in complete privacy.
This lovely hideaway is finished with rich slate tiles, hand-crafted mahogany cabinetry, and teak and mahogany furniture and accent pieces from Indonesia, Burma, and Thailand. The well-equipped gourmet kitchen in the main pavilion offers ocean vistas. Each pavilion features a unique and convenient choice of roll-down electronic screening or glass-paneled doors which cover the entire front of each pavilion - they roll down at the touch of a button - or leave them in their up positions and enjoy the view from the balconies outside and the drama and complete openness of The Retreat.
There are seasonal papaya, passion fruit, banana, lemon, and lime trees in the garden for you to pick and enjoy.
Outside one-bedroom pavilion is a slate-lined outdoor beach shower and a wooden staircase which leads to a trail zigzagging down to Haulover Bay. Frommer's Guide deems Haulover Bay one of the best snorkeling destinations on Saint John (locals say it is THE best), and on a lucky day you might spot dolphins frolicking, or a sea turtle. A few feet down this shoreline from the trail, a lovely crescent of white sand beach curves around crystal-clear waters - stunning beauty and solitude await you.
The Retreat offers the ideal combination of elegant luxury and relaxing seclusion, and will refresh your spirit with its aura of natural harmony and peace... a very special place.
* Maximum persons is ten.
* Two bedrooms - bedroom specs - two European kings plus loft above each bedroom, each with 1 extra-long double-size bed in each loft (climb a wooden ladder to access each loft); 1 queen bed or 2 twins in LR made from award winning couch, not pull out.
* Two baths - bathrooms walk-in closet tiled showers, plus outdoor pool shower.
* Pool - pool specs - 40 foot by 6 foot by 4.5 foot deep (lap pool) plus built-in hot tub (five foot by six foot; seats six).
* Nearest beach - white sand beach plus snorkeling below villa, via staircase and steep trail with rock stepping stones down to the shoreline (a five-minute hike).
* Children welcome - yes, over seven-years old ONLY.
* Maid Service - no - maid service frequency... if rental is 14 nights or longer, one maid service per week will be provided.
* Smoking NOT permitted in the house; outside ONLY.
Before making a payment, always call the owner at the number listed on our website to make sure your payment instructions are accurate.
Never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.Learn more
Member since: 2006
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Alternative Lifestyle
- Limited Accessibility:
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
- King size beds (2) Two Euro-king beds which are one inch smaller than a California king, Queen size Beds (1) Queen bed in Living Room which can be made into 2 twin beds., Double Beds (2) 2 extra-long double beds, one in each loft., Twin or Single Beds (2) Living room couch is design winner which allows it to be made into 2 twin or one queen bed. Not pull out with springs., Sleep Sofa or Futons (1) Design award winning couch which can be made into 2 twin or 1 queen bed. Not a pull out....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- Satellite TV (120 channels including Cinemax and HBO), VCR/DVD/CD Player and Sirius Satellite Radio with Surround Sound for Movies, Radio, Movie plus Music Collections, DVD Sony PlayStation II, Books, Games, Wi-Fi, Air Conditioning in Both Bedrooms, Gourmet Kitchen, Voice Mail, Safes in Bedrooms, Hammocks, JennAire Gas Grill in Kitchen, Assorted Snorkel Gear plus Beach Chairs, Electronic Gate into Fully-fenced Property, Automatic Generator, Laundry, Complimentary Welcome Basket on arrival...moreless
- CD Player
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Horseback Riding
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Beach View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Water View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Dining Area
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Catering Available:
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Deck / Patio
- Housekeeper Optional
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $500
- Refundable Damage Deposit $500
- Tax Rate 10%
The rates quoted are for one or two guests using one bedroom. Use of more than one bedroom or one bed incurs and additional charge of $67.00 USD per additional bed or person.
Payment is accepted by check, credit card and wire transfer. A fifty percent deposit is required to confirm a reservation. The balance is due forty five days prior to arrival. Complete payment and cancellation policies may be found on our website, www.the-retreat.us on the rates page.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
The property's calendar has not been updated in over 17 months. You can contact the owner for availability or look for properties with confirmed availability
One of Two Equal Master Bedrooms
One of Two Sleeping Lofts
Courtyard, Pool, View
View From West Balcony
View From Dining Area
One of Three Private Outdoor Showers
View from Deck and Balcony
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 01, 2016
Enter dates to see accurate pricing