Our home is one of the original 1930's cabins in the area, but has all the amenities of a modern home (like air conditioning!). It offers a quiet, wooded setting on a 1/2 acre lot, a creek in its backyard and is only a short, flat 8 minute (.4 miles) walk to the town of Michiana's deeded, private beach on the shores of Lake Michigan.
Regarding 2018 rentals: We have listed our home for sale, so we will only be releasing dates for rentals about 45 days ahead of those dates so we would not have to cancel any rentals in the case of the home selling. We do not schedule showings during rentals. Every once in a blue moon, we have a request for a showing during a rental and the showing cannot come any other time, we will ask you if you are willing to accommodate, but it is completely up to you.
The home sleeps eight people and is a great size for two couples, a small group of friends, or for a family with children.
- one bedroom with a pillowtop queen bed
- sun room with queen size futon with 11" thick mattress and sliding doors for privacy
- combined dining and living area with vaulted ceilings, expandable dining table, TV, stereo with record player
- queen size pull out sofa bed
- one bathroom with a bathtub and shower
- deck off the sun room
Kitchen has nearly everything you'd need to cook to your heart's desire:
(besides what's listed in amenities)
- koozies (a must for the beach!)
- cooler and ice packs for picnics/beach
- basic condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, a few salad dressings)
- pour over single-cup filters, and 10-cup Chemex, French Press, grinder, and drip coffeemaker
- hand mixer
- up a winding staircase to the spacious master bedroom
- king size bed
- second bathroom with shower
- small desk with wide screen monitor (no computer)
- deck off the sunroom/main level of the house
- fenced in back yard
- upper and lower patios
- frequent visits from deer
- this is a woodsy area, please don't judge us by our weeds!
- tennis courts just around the corner
- 6 beach chairs, 1 kids chair, and wagon provided
- pack n' play
- pop-up high chair
- kids dishes and utensils
- a small set of toys
- only organic, naturally occurring pesticides and herbicides are used (hence the weeds)
- eco-friendly cleaning products and fragrance-free detergents
- non-toxic cedar-concentrate is applied outside the home to reduce bugs (and actually works!)
- eco-friendly bug spray and sunscreen is provided
Bath towels, beach towels and linens are provided.
A few caveats! PLEASE READ!
One bedroom in the home is only accessible by a spiral staircase and may not be appropriate for the young or old that have trouble with stairs.
Although we do NOT allow renters to bring pets (sorry Fido), we have our own dogs in the home when we use it. The home may not be enjoyable for people with pet allergies!
This home is surrounded by woods - people that are allergic to nature, take note. Allergy drugs are recommended.
The indoor fireplace is pretty but is not functional.