Spacious, sunny home with 3 bedrooms (1 king and 2 queen beds), 3 full bathrooms, large living room, formal dining room, kitchen with breakfast nook, den, downstairs sitting area, beautiful garden with patio and upper terrace and surprising outdoor privacy in a lovely hilly, tree-covered area of Southern Marin County.
Our home provides a warm welcome to a family or 1-2 couples who want to spend time enjoying the complete San Francisco Bay Area experience. You will be perfectly positioned for exploring all that S.F, Marin County and Northern California have to offer. If work is in your plans, you will be in a community that is one of the closest to San Francisco by car, bus or ferry.
You will be nestled in the hills but only 5 minutes from Highway 101. The spectacular Golden Gate Bridge and San Francisco are 15 minutes to the south, leading you to your own discoveries at countless world-class restaurants, museums of every kind, theaters, bars, clubs, and famous historical sites. Or head north just 30 minutes and arrive in the Wine Country to find endless vineyards and internationally famous wineries that welcome you to their tasting rooms and tours. If you decide to head west, you’ll find the spectacular redwoods of Muir Woods, beautiful beaches, the Point Reyes National Seashore and restaurants serving seafood and fresh oysters within sight of the nearby oyster beds of Tomales Bay.
Or get out from behind the wheel and walk to our nearby bus stop, providing service to the ferry terminal or directly to San Francisco. The airporter bus terminal is also a short drive away for easy access to and from San Francisco International Airport.
ABOUT OUR HOME:
* The bay area is famous for “micro-climates” that deliver quite different weather to the various regions around the bay. Greenbrae is known for some of the nicest weather of any of them. If the forecast says “55-degrees and gray skies” in San Francisco you can bet that it will be 73-degrees and sunny skies in Greenbrae.
* Spread out at night: The master bedroom with ensuite bath has a king bed. The two downstairs bedrooms each have queen beds. Sheets, blankets, pillows included. The two floors of the house are acoustically separated quite well, so activity on one floor usually does not disturb people sleeping on the other floor.
* Two full upstairs bathrooms feature clear glass panel showers; downstairs bathroom has shower/bathtub.
* Full kitchen includes stainless steel appliances, and breakfast nook surrounded by windows, seating four at a circular oak and wicker table.
* Formal dining room seats 8 people at long maple burl table.
* Large living room has comfortable chairs and sofa for relaxing, socializing or watching TV on 50” TV, and five large windows looking out to a tree-covered hillside.
* Den has large windows on two walls, desk, two recliner chairs and 60” TV.
* Fast Wi-Fi -- 2.4 & 5 MHz .
* Xfinity X1 cable TV with multiple premium channels on 3 TV’s.
* 2-car garage.
* Upstairs and downstairs entry doors.
* 4-burner gas barbecue.
* Vegetable garden and separate herb garden will please the chef in your group. Pick and enjoy anything that ripens during the time you’re in the house. (The yard is surrounded by hidden deer fencing so you might see deer in the neighborhood but they won’t get to your fresh veggies before you do!)
* Automatic sprinkler system irrigates the gardens. A gardener will visit occasionally to keep the gardens healthy and lush.
* House Rules: No smoking; no pets.
A FEW OF THE NEAREST ATTRACTIONS:
The closest town is tiny Larkspur, five minutes away, where you will find the 1940 Art Deco Lark Theater, which screens independent and international films, classics and family films. Steps away from the theater is the renown and delicious Left Bank, a Parisian-style brasserie originally built as The Blue Rock Inn in 1895. A bit further down the street are more restaurants, an art gallery, florist, a beautiful store called Coquelicot that offers gifts, tablecloths and home decor imported from Provence France; Rulli, the best Italian café, bakery and wine shop you can imagine, along with Mexican and Chinese restaurants, hair salons, a barber, and a rough-and-tumble bar called the Silver Peso that used to be frequented by the late Larkspur resident Janis Joplin.
Interest in bicycling? People travel from all over the world to ride road bikes and mountain bikes in Marin and Sonoma Counties.
Hiking? Fully half of Marin County is dedicated open space and parklands, where you will find miles and miles of easy and moderate hiking trails through open space parkland, in the hills and along the coast. The views are spectacular. An excursion in Point Reyes can bring into your view deer, elk, wild turkeys, coyotes, bobcats, hawks, falcons, songbirds, flocks of pelicans, elephant seals and, if you’re lucky, the spouting and splashing of dolphins and whales: gray whales, humpbacks and even giant blue whales.
We hope you won’t need it but, just in case, Marin General Hospital is 5 minutes from the house.