This luxury 'Love Nest' is on the 3rd floor ocean-side corner in a four-story, beachfront condominium building in Pacific Beach at the foot of historic Crystal Pier. You can walk to the beach, grocery store, shops, restaurants, and clubs. This popular area includes four plus miles of beach area and boardwalk with rollerblading, boogie boarding, surfing, fishing, kayaking, and boating/sailing in the Bay area and Ocean.
This is the perfect get-away for a romantic vacation with ocean views from the bedroom and living room balconies. This condominium also has a Queen Deluxe Futon Sofa for your use. We provide beach equipment for your use such as beach chairs, boogie boards, beach toys, beach towels, and umbrellas. We also have an assortment of VHS and DVD movies for your entertainment. Pets are NOT allowed, No Smoking.
There's a 2500 word cutoff that didn't allow the following to be added to my previous review.
... But then again, if everything was perfect, the rental price of the unit would likely be a lot more as well.
Attractions/locations we enjoyed and particularly recommend are …
• Coronado Ferry Landing area for great sunrises and views of downtown
• The Embarcadero area and Seaport Village in downtown San Diego – shops, eateries, great park for walking, views … little bit of everything
• The Gaslamp Quarter downtown for people-watching and sidewalk dining
• Balboa Park – and not just the San Diego Zoo
• The San Diego Zoo Safari Park. A very nice alternative to the zoo where you see wild animals together in a wide expanse, and can take multiple, guided tram trips around the perimeter of the park as part of the standard fee.
• Mission San Diego de Alcala - a little, out of the way gem with a beautiful courtyard featuring a statue of St Francis of Assisi.
• San Diego Botanical Garden in Encinitas – one of our favorite stops during our entire stay
• Ocean Beach Dog Beach (if you love dogs, you’ll really enjoy this place)
• Shelter Island (Point Loma) and Harbor Island (near the airport) for great views of downtown
• La Jolla Cove and Scripps Park for a great sunset … and sea lions
• The Flower Fields of Carlsbad, but only when the flowers are blooming between mid-March and the end of May. It just opened for the season while we were here but the flowers were not yet in bloom.
• Breakfast at Kono’s. This is a little breakfast/lunch restaurant on the corner just opposite the condo. They have very reasonably priced, huge breakfast plates, and some nice outside seating overlooking the ocean. Get there before 8AM because long lines tend to form, especially on weekends.
The condo owner is very nice. She even leaves some treats for the guests to enjoy. All things considered, we were very pleased with our decision to stay here and recommend it to others. The San Diego weather makes this a particularly nice area to visit because you can generally rely on the weather to be great almost all the time – particularly if you call the snowy and cold Midwest your home during the winter months as we do.
My wife and I stayed at the condo at the end of February 2013. We have stayed at other rentals that we also found on VRBO and have had very good luck so far, certainly including this rental.
The condo is located in Pacific Beach at the west end of Garnet Ave, on the 3rd floor, NW corner right at the end of the Pacific Beach Municipal Pier. The condo is small, but very comfortable and clean. It has a complete, well equipped kitchen and previous guests have left a number of condiments so check this out before going out and buying more. There are beach chairs, mats, etc in a storage unit down in the garage for use by guests. There is convenient, underground parking for one car. There are also four coin operated washers and dryers on each level. The internet connection is good and it does support a VPN connection (which not all internet connections are setup to handle). There is an appropriately hot Jacuzzi in the common area in the middle of the complex.
This is a great location that is convenient to most attractions. It is about 10 minutes from the airport, and 15 minutes from downtown, including Balboa Park and the Zoo. It is only another 5 minutes or so to Coronado. La Jolla is about 10 minutes (5 miles) just north of the unit. The San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly known as the Wild Animal Park) is about 30 miles to the northeast. A tip, if you plan on visiting at least 2 of the three major parks (Sea World, San Diego Zoo and the Safari Park), check ahead of time into getting an admission ticket that gets you into multiple parks, or at least compare prices against the individual daily fee. You can also print 10% off coupons from the internet for each park which you can use at the park when you buy tickets, so you certainly should not have to pay full price.
On the down side, while the hotel on the pier does partially obstruct the view from the bedroom looking directly out to the ocean, you have a very nice view of the ocean to the north from the balcony off of the living room. The sound of the crashing surf is significant in the central, coast-facing units of the complex, but you can’t hear much from this unit unless it is after midnight and you can leave the bedroom window open. The unit does overlook a somewhat busy, dead-end street which is a bit noisy at night. For the most part, you need to leave the windows closed to keep out the noise. But then again, if everything was perfect, the rental price of the unit would likely be a l
My husband and I are definitely in the "older" category, but we love to visit San Diego. Most of the time we stay in this "Oceanfront Love Nest" which is right in the midst of everything going on in Pacific Beach. Even though we drive to San Diego, we prefer to park in the garage and hoof it to shopping, beach, restaurants, sightseeing, etc.The condo owner goes out of the way to make all renters welcome, including supplying snacks, fresh flowers, beach equipment, videos, and books for quiet times. Every time we stay here, something has been upgraded. This summer, 2012, we were delighted with a very comfortable sleeper sofa and easy chair, just right for lazy mornings reading a book or late night tv watching. We enjoy using the balconies to watch the masses of beach goers as they walk, skate, bicycle, etc. past our little corner of the world. It is the perfect spot for "people watching". You will definitely see some persons who stand out in the crowd! This condo is so nice and comfortable, well located and furnished with most anything you would need for your stay. The owner has numerous renters who return every year for their vacation at the beach. When you find the perfect spot, why go somewhere else? We would definitely recommend a stay here, just not when we want to come!