Pelican Direct Beachfront Condo | 2 Bedrooms | Sleeps 6 | Amenities Galore!
About Panhandle Getaways
Panhandle Getaways offers over 600 vacation rentals along the Panhandle of Florida. Our vacation rentals in Destin, Ft. Walton Beach, along 30A and Panama City Beach, Florida provide the perfect vacation spot for your next vacation. Panhandle Getaways features a variety of property types which allows us to offer something for everyone. Panhandle Getaways specialty is helping guests find the perfect vacation rental for them and being that we have been in business more than 25 years, one can be rest assured that Panhandle Getaways is a name you can trust.
Why Panhandle Getaways chose Destin
Pelican Beach Resort in Destin, Florida has long been a family favorite. Pelican Beach Resort is a direct beachfront resort boasting incredible amenities offering something for everyone including several gulf view pools, tiki hut serving fun tropical drinks beach side, indoor/outdoor pool and more. The resort is centrally located in Destin, Fl and near many family friendly activities. Come and see why families come back to Pelican Beach Resort year after year for their beach vacation.
What makes this Condo unique
Pelican Beach Resort enjoys a central Destin, Florida location makes the property a highly sought after destination along with its fantastic amenities with something for everyone.
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Minimum age of primary renter:25
Max guests:6 (sleeps up to 6 adults)
NO BEACH SETUPS ALLOWED NEAR WATER
The one thing that really should be stressed is that they do not allow any beach setups near the water. This is obviously so you will have to rent one of the chair/umbrella setups that they have ($35 a day). They literally cover about 75% of the entire property’s sand with their beach chairs and umbrellas....all the way end to end and from the water to about 75% of the way back to the beach entrance. I took a picture to show but I can’t post it on here. We found it a lot easier to just drag our wagon, chairs, and cooler to the public beach access a little ways down the beach.
1) it was very clean when we got there except for mold/mildew on the shower heads
2) it is located on the beach and near many restaurants and shopping
3) cafe on property for food and drinks
4) does offer an ocean view but the room is probably 150 yards from the ocean
5) ample parking and we could usually get a shaded spot unless we got back really late
6) there is a washer/dryer combo inside the condo
7) there were plenty of towels and bedding as well as cookware, silverware, plates, cups, bowls
8) two different pools to choose from....one is indoor/outdoor which is good for bad weather
9) the sauna was clean and fits about 4 people comfortably
10) no key required...just punch the code into the keypad
1) As stated before, no beach setups allowed near the water. Pelican Beach Resort has ruined their beach with all
of the unused chairs and umbrellas.
2) there are too many people there for the amount of beach frontage that they own....it was way too crowded for my
taste....like super crazy crowded in the water and on the sand
3) traffic in Destin is crazy now....nothing like it was a few years ago....took us over 2 hours to get to Ripleys Believe it or Not in Panama City Beach on a Tuesday....it used to take 45 minutes to an hour
4) Steam room was out of order
5) description said the 2nd bedroom had 2 twin beds but it was actually just one full size bed....really screwed up our sleeping arrangements
6) hair dryer in master bathroom started smoking when turned on/non-functional
7) only one hot tub for entire resort...seats about 5-6 comfortably
8) men’s room in reservation center next to pool smelled so bad of old stale urine that I started dry-heaving...avoid that bathroom at all costs
9) Panhandle Getaways would not allow early check in under any circumstances, which was inconvenient for the handicapped member of our party.
We appreciate the feedback and hope you will consider coming back to see us again. We apologize for any issues that you encountered during your stay.
The location was fabulous. The check in and out process was simple. The condo was clean and comfortable, but it would have been nice to have cleaning supplies (ie. dish soap, hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels) to last for the 6 nights that we stayed.
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review about your recent experience and stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay at The Pelican Beach Resort and it's fabulous location. We believe in full transparency when it comes to expectations and it is stated in your lease agreement that's signed prior to arrival that we do not supply cleaning supplies for your entire stay, only a few items to get you started and then you are responsible for supplying these items for the duration of your stay. We look forward to your return visit back to the BEAUTIFUL beaches of Destin.
Not what we expected when we arrived
Our stay was pretty good! There were a few down falls about this condo. When we got there the floors were not clean. There was hair (a lot of it not just a couple of pieces here and there) all over the condo. More hair was found in both bathrooms! In the master bath there was a very bad odor that smelled like mildew. We decided to take the bath rug out and that helped a little. In the front bath one of the towel racks was broken, the faucet was very loose. In the front bedroom the chain for the light was missing. We are forgiving people and understand that mistakes happen. But hopefully it won't happen to any one else! The furniture is all very nice! Exactly what we saw in the pictures on VRBO. There is a washer and dryer is in the condo which is a plus! This is a very busy place! If you rent from here be sure and get on the list for beach chairs ASAP. The guys that are in charge of the chairs are very nice and helpful! As for the front desk was very helpful also! When you arrive everyone has to wear a wrist band, which is understandable but they are a trouble for night time! You can take them off but keep up with it and they will replace it! Or you will be charged $25 to replace it! for the most part the stay was good!
Hello :) Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. We are so glad you had a great time at the beach! Cheers!
Clean and exactly as it was listed
Loved the stay
Hello - Thank you for taking the time to leave a stellar 5 star review, Woo Hoo! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return. Until then...... Cheers!
Nicely decorated but unclean
The condo was decorated nicely and the bedding was comfortable but condo was not clean. Mold on shower curtain and baseboards and trim were dirty, kitchen cabinets had food on the outside of them which we wiped down. There were dust bunnies under the furniture and the door facings were dirty and dusty. We were very disappointed in the lack of deep cleaning. Even the mounted hair dryers were covered in dust. I took pictures of shower curtain and baseboards but cannot post them here. It would have been a perfect condo but the lack of cleanliness was very off putting. Whoever is paying for room cleaning needs to be made aware of these issues. Thank you
Hello :) Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback related to your stay with us.
Property was well maintained condo updated and clean beach was fantastic!
Check in was delayed till 6:00 due to lock not working. Room was clean had everything we needed. Both beds were comfortable, great furniture with updated decor. Only issue was the patio is above the outdoor /indoor pool which when people were out there it was loud. The cafe next to pool turns on loud music by 8:30-9 am. We had a great week the pool was warm enough for girls to swim, the beach was beautiful and not too crowded.
Hello :) Thank you for the wonderful 4 star review! Cheers!
DESTIN AREA INFORMATION
There are so many wonderful restaurants nearby. Don't miss the Donut Hole for breakfast and the Back Porch for lunch or dinner. Both are landmarks in Destin. Silver Sands, a large factory outlet mall is seven miles east, for those rainy days (if there are any). The brand new Destin Commons outdoor shopping mall is at the corner of the Mid Bay Bridge and 98.