About the property
- Condo340 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 - 7 nights
Quiet, private and comfy, close to shopping, restaurants and golf, beach gear
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION AND REVIEWS PRIOR TO BOOKING TO ENSURE THE SPACE MEETS YOUR NEEDS.
Because we want your stay to be the best it can be, we strive to provide you with an accurate description so that you know what you can expect. If unsure, please ask.
New carpet & drapes coming 10/30/17!
This quiet Maui Banyan Penthouse includes:
• Views of the West Maui Mountains, Haleakela and a partial ocean view
• All new furnishings in June 2016
• 2-minute walk to Kamaole II beach
• Beach gear
• Free parking
• Walk to restaurants and shopping
• Lots of extras
• Ask about special rates to fill calendar gaps.
This studio is a great size to accommodate up to two adults with a child. The 2nd bed is a twin airbed with an electric air pump for ease of inflating/deflating.
This unit is newly decorated and furnished with new carpet and drapes coming Oct 30th.
• Sleeping for 3 includes (1) a QUEEN Sealy Posturepedic bed and (2) a TWIN air mattress with an electric pump for easy inflate and deflate
• Small private lanai
• A/C unit, ceiling fan & portable fan
• Kitchenette with basic necessities including 10-cubic foot refrigerator, microwave, 1-burner induction cooktop, dishes, glasses, flatware, and much more. Ask if you need something specific. PLEASE NOTE: There is no separate sink for dish washing so the vanity sink will need to be used.
• Beach gear includes chairs, umbrella, boogie board, small soft cooler and towels.
• Upgraded HD cable and hi-Speed wireless internet so everyone can stay connected at the same time
• Apple TV with access to Netflix, Hulu and 100+ movies on iTunes
• Extras such as binoculars, USB charging station, rechargeable book lights, board games, and much more.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
• This unit utilizes smart locks and a smart phone will be required to gain access. Guests will be required to download an app to their smartphone and set up a user account for August Lock. Failure to download phone app, set up account or verify access at least 1 week prior to arrival will NOT result in a refund of amounts paid or reimbursement of additional costs incurred.
• The 2nd bed is a twin airbed with an electric air pump for ease of inflating and deflating.
• There is no separate sink for dish washing so the vanity sink will need to be used.
• There is no washer/dryer in the unit or elsewhere on the property.
• Complimentary parking in a 3-story parking garage next to our building
• Elevator to our 5th-floor unit
• Luggage carts and shopping carts make check-in, check-out and shopping easy
• Pool, hot tub and BBQ area with covered picnic tables located behind our building
• Walk 2 minutes across the road to Kamaole II Beach, a white-sand beach with lifeguards
• On-site concierge
• Beautifully landscaped grounds
We like Kihei for its laid-back, beach-town feel. The beaches are stunning and the snorkeling is fabulous. Several excellent restaurants are nearby. Yet if you desire the experience of a posh mega-resort, Wailea and Makena are a short drive to the south with championship golf, upscale shopping and plenty of casual as well as fine dining options. Most of all, we love the South Maui weather!
* Ask about special rates within 30 days of arrival or to to fill calendar gaps.
* tax includes 13.42% HI tax and 3.5% processing fee (3.5% processing fee can be avoided by making the 2nd payment via check or money order in USD. Please ask prior to booking for more details)
* Returning guest? Let us know. We offer discounts.
Amy & Rick
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 19, 2018
About Amy & Rick
Aloha! We have been vacationing in Maui for several years and always dreamed of buying our own place. Now that dream has become a reality! It was love at first sight – a rare top floor condominium in the best building at our favorite resort, Maui Banyan. This unit has never been available before as a vacation rental, and we are delighted to be able to share our new place with our guests! Mahalo, Rick & Amy
Amy & Rick purchased this Condo in 2016
Why Amy & Rick chose Kihei
We like Kihei for its laid-back, beach-town feel. The beaches are stunning and the snorkeling is fabulous. Several excellent restaurants are nearby. Yet if you desire the experience of a posh mega-resort, Wailea and Makena are a short drive to the south with championship golf, upscale shopping and plenty of casual as well as fine dining options. Most of all, we love the South Maui weather! Maui Banyan is centrally located in South Kihei with beautifully landscaped grounds across the street from Kamaole II beach, one of the best beaches on Maui and one of the few with lifeguards. The complex is impeccably maintained by Aston Resorts. On-site amenities for guest use include 2 pools, 2 jacuzzis, BBQs, covered picnic areas, covered parking, 2 tennis courts and surfboard/paddle board storage. The best part is the beach is only a 2 minute walk from our condo!
What makes this Condo unique
Our unit is on the top floor of Building G with views to the north, capturing the West Maui mountains and Haleakala. This orientation enables lovely trade wind breezes and keeps the tropical sun from blazing into the unit. Our condo has the unique feature of converting to a 2 bedroom unit since we also rent the adjacent 1 bedroom unit with an adjoining door – check out #882513 for more info and contact us for pricing.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Convenient location to everything
A nice, clean studio that’s close to everything - beaches, food, and entertainment. There was a beach right across the street, and others in walking distance. Amy and Rick also provided lots of great equipment - beach chairs, snorkeling gear, beach towels, and coolers. The grounds were also beautifully landscaped, there’s no way you ever forget you’re in a tropical paradise.
Great things can come in small packages!
Excellent Studio super close to some of Maui’s best beaches and some of Maui’s best casual dining options. Very clean and well equipped.
Tastefully decorated! Nice to have the beach toys and chairs!
Maui Banyan is a lovely resort in a prime location in Kihei.
Lovely little room with all the necessities!
We very much enjoyed our stay at Amy and Rick's condo. All the necessities are there, even more than I imagined. It's a great location And very close to the beach. The room was very clean and tidy and we felt comfortable immediately.
Thank you, Patty. Please think of us the next time you visit maui. You were a pleasure to have as our guest.
clean, cozy, home away from home room!
What a cozy, clean room! My husband and I stayed here on the second half of our Maui trip, and we could not have been more pleased with our room. It was cozy, and as clean as I would have wanted it to be. Amy had very clear instructions on how to enter the room which were extremely helpful and easy, and also stocked the room with everything you could need while on vacation from water bottles and coffee, to beach towels and beach equipment - all in great shape. When we stay in South Maui again, we will definitely come back here!
Alana, thank you so much for choosing to stay in our apartment. We hope to have you back in the future. -Amy & Rick
Very nice and comfortable.Loved the location. The owners went out of their way.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
• Cancellation Policy o Full refund, less $100 + service fees, for all cancellations at least 60 days prior to check-in. o For cancellations within 59 days of check-in, refund, less $100 + service fees, is dependent on rebooking the unit. • +13.42% tax and 3.5% processing fee (3.5% processing fee can be avoided by by making the 2nd payment via check or money order in USD. Please ask prior to booking for more details) • Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. • Check In 3pm and Check Out 11am. We attempt to accommodate requests, however unless prior arrangements have been made, strict adherence is expected. • Kitchenette does not have a separate sink. Vanity sink must be used, and guests are expected to wash their own dishes. • This unit utilizes smart locks and a smart phone will be required to gain access. Guests will be required to download an app to their smartphone and set up a user account for August Lock. Failure to download phone app, set up account or verify access at least 1 week prior to arrival will NOT result in a refund of amounts paid or reimbursement of additional costs incurred. • Smoking is allowed only in designated smoking areas on the property. • Quiet hours are from 10pm-8am. • Due to the high cost of electricity on Maui, please turn off air conditioner when leaving the unit. Since this is a north facing unit, guests can also take advantage of the breezes by opening the sliding doors and propping the front door open. • The following is a sample of fees associated with damages: o Sand cleanup - $35 minimum (includes beach items) o Broken or missing beach items - $35/ea o Stained or missing bedding - $100-$200 (actual replacement cost + 10%) o Stained or missing towels - $25/ea o Broken or missing dishes - $25/ea o Dirty dishes - $25 o Trash removal - $35 (including perishable items) o Excessive cleaning - $35/hr (or any portion) o Missing door key - $35 o Missing card key - $10