You will love my place because of it's charming neighbourhood and tree-lined streets. The apartment is close to the city centre with easy access to public transport (LRT and Bus). Convenient to the UofA hospital, UofA campus, Nait South campus. Whyte Ave is right outside your door with shops, farmers market, groceries, bars and restaurants. The prime district for young and active locals. City nightlife is a five minute walk away. My place is good for couples, solo adventures, business travellers and families. Quiet building on a landscaped street, in a safe neighbourhood.
- Apartment800 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay4 nights
Live where the locals want to be.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Jun 14, 2018
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 7 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Just loved my stay!
I was in and out of Edmonton for a few weeks. Tina's place was so quiet, fabulous decor, comfortable bed and wonderful bedding. So close to all the shopping and restaurants in the immediate area that I am used to. The building itself is very old. The hall ways coupled with very dim lighting and a slight smell are of no regard once the key is turned to your rental! It's just a 70's building and reminded me of my first rental as a teen. Tina allowed me to leave things in her anti-room while I was gone for a few days which was much appreciated. I told Tina if there were no other guests for the few days I was gone, I did not need the unit cleaned. She offered to give me back the cleaning fee which I declined. The kitchen is well stocked, so is extra bedding if you want to rest on the sofa with a comforter. Other tenants are friendly and it is a very safe building for single female guests. Only things that were lacking for me was a box of kleenex (I am a tissue person) And an in apartment safe. Other than that this property and my host was fab.
Good location, lots of space and friendly host
A really neat 2 bedroom basement apartment with excellent location. Comfy beds and a great host!
Good location, quiet apartment building & nice neighborhood. Smells heavily of stale cigarette smoke
- Two blocks from 104th and Whyte Ave. So close to great shopping, restaurants and groceries, as well, as about 15 minutes from downtown.
- A very quiet building and suited my short-term needs.
- Owner was pleasant when we first met.
- Change rusted bathroom medicine cabinet. I’m not comfortable with my facial products stored in an area with rust.
- Add a second mirror in the apartment to accommodate a second guest and anyone shorter as the mirror in the bathroom is quite high.
- While there is a broom provided, something to clean the carpet would be appreciated. A mat at the front door would be nice. My visit was at the time of this year’s first snowfall, so my shoes where quite wet.
- Use hypoallergenic detergent on towels to accommodate all guests.
- Listing indicates non-smoking guests only, yet the apartment reeked of stale cigarette smoke that wouldn’t go away no matter how many scents I diffused and how long I left the windows open.
- Initially I wasn’t sure of my departure date so I provided three possible dates, and the owner assured me that I would not be charged to my last potential date if my stay was shorter than anticipated. As soon as I was able to provide a definitive departure date, she told me she was going to charge me until the last potential date I had provided. When I reminded her that she assured me she was flexible with my departure date before I had booked with her, she apologized and said that while she “wrestled” with her decision, she felt she had to as it was a business decision. I again reminded her that she had stated her flexibility (in writing) before my confirmation, and that that was why I chose her over my other option. She still said she was going to charge me the additional two days. Since my visit to Edmonton was for medical reasons, this disappointment added more stress to my last days and ruined my experience as she had misled me and made me feel cheated.
We appreciate you bringing the rusty medicine cabinet to our attention, we will be replacing it. We were surprised about comments regarding cigarette smoke. Our building is a non-smoking property, and this suite has been freshly painted and all flooring is brand new. We can see that a small cordless handheld vacuum would be handy, but we want our short term guests to enjoy their time in our suite without having to worry about cleaning. It is true that our cancellation policy is 'flexible', however this relates to a reservation BEFORE a guest arrives. If for some reason a guest has to cancel a reservation we will be flexible and cancel. Once a guest has arrived for the booking, we have to honour the dates booked as shown on the VRBO site.