Log Cabin on the Shore of East Rosebud Lake(7 Reviews)
The owner has been emailed.
To book this property, you need to complete your booking through checkout on the VRBO website. We can't protect your payment if we don't know you've booked through us. Learn more
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Property type:Cabin
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:N/A
About the Property
Cabin, 2 Bedrooms + Loft, 1 Bath, (Sleeps 6)
Welcome to East Rosebud Lake, one of the most unique and picturesque settings in the Rocky Mountains. Nestled in a classic glacially carved valley at an elevation of 6206 feet, East Rosebud Lake is rimmed with sixty cabins forming the historic private town of Alpine, Montana. This 108-acre lakeshore community, managed by the East Rosebud Lake Association, is surrounded by forest service land. Awesome peaks of the Beartooth Range, rise from the lake to elevations over 10,000 feet and Granite Peak, the highest point in Montana, is just beyond the horizon. Three separate forest service trails originating near the lake lead to Red Lodge, Cooke City and Mystic Lake. East Rosebud Lake is located approximately 45 miles south of Columbus Montana, and 35 miles west of Red Lodge, Montana. The final 14 miles to the lake from Roscoe, Montana, consists of both paved and well maintained yet rugged unpaved roadway sections. The nearest airport in Billings is approximately 2 hours by car.
This lakefront log cabin at #48 Alpine Road, built in 1997, is a perfect abode for relaxation and staging adventures from mild to wild. The main living areas and covered wrap-around deck offer stunning lake and mountain views. The cabin has oak flooring with two bedrooms, a spacious loft and one bathroom with a large claw foot tub/shower. The downstairs bedrooms each have hand carved log frame queen beds and the loft has one queen bed.
East Rosebud Lake Association is under the direct supervision of a resident manager. A limited stock of groceries is available for purchase at the Association store during the summer months (Memorial Day to Labor Day), however it is recommended that you purchase your groceries in Billings, Absarokee or Red Lodge before arriving at the lake.
Rental of this cabin is contingent on awareness of and adherence to the following East Rosebud Lake Association (ERLA) rules:
1. Make sure to arrive at the lake during daylight hours and stop by managers cabin to announce your arrival. If arrival is at off hours proceed directly to the cabin and visit the manager the next day.
2. No large motor homes or trailers are allowed to be parked on ERLA property. Motor homes can be parked in areas just outside of ERLA property.
3. Use of fireworks and firearms are not permitted.
4. No hunting or trapping is allowed.
5. No horses are allowed.
6. No outside fires allowed.
7. No jet skis allowed on East Rosebud Lake.
8. Boat launching from trailers is allowed only at footbridge near outlet of the lake.
9. No garbage storage allowed outside of cabins. Bagged garbage must be hauled from cabin directly to metal bear proof bins located in front of the manager’s cabin.
10. Close chain gates across roadways each time they are used, maintain a slow driving speed on Association roads and no off road driving allowed on Association property.
Keywords: East Rosebud Lake, Log Cabin
When you're ready to book, here are some tips to keep in mind.
Paying with a credit card on VRBO protects your payment for up to $10,000 against listing fraud. We recommend completing your booking on VRBO.Verify your payment method
Member since: 2006
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Historic restored claw foot tub with shower.
- Two person canoe, paddles and lifejackets available for use. Well stocked bookshelf. Electric Grill on deck. 'Technology Freedomzone' no phone, TV, or internet in cabin and due to the remote mountain location, cell service does not reach the cabin. Cell service is available down canyon from the lake near Roscoe....moreless
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Local Services & Businesses
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Cooking Utensils
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - May 26
4 night min stay
Sep 5 - Sep 30
4 night min stay
My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $105
- Cleaning Fee $125
- Refundable Damage Deposit $300
- Tax Rate 7%
This property is closed for the winter and is not available for rent between the dates of October 1 and April 30.
Owner's cancellation policy:
50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Historic Lakefront Lodge that adjoins the store has large game room with ping pong, billiards, foosball, board games, horseshoes, and basketball court.
Dining at Grizzly Bar in Roscoe, Shopping/Dining in Red Lodge
Year Purchased: 1996
About the owner: Owner of Altitude Paddleboards, Littleton, CO and Professional Ski Patrol at Winter Park, CO. I enjoy the pursuit of challenging outdoor activities in my spare time, and figuring out ways to have more and more spare time.
Why the Owner Chose Roscoe, Montana, United States of America:
Our family has owned property at East Rosebud Lake for three generations.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Hanging out in with family and friends at East Rosebud Lake is a unique pleasure.
- Primary: +1 7208104142 Mountain Standard Time
The covered deck is great for outdoor relaxation
Scenic Lake and Mountain Views from the Great Room
View of Rosebud Lake from near the outlet.
The ERLA Lodge, Store and Power Wagon Fire Truck, boarded up for the winter.
Entrance to East Rosebud Lake Association, founded in 1894
Somewhere off trail #1
Somewhere off trail #3
The falls during spring runoff
The sleeping giant
View of Rosebud Lake from near the inlet.
Lodge boarded up for the winter
Winter snowpack at the Lodge.
Somewhere off trail #2
Cow moose on the loose
The falls during late season low flow
This listing was first published here in 2006.
Date last modified - Sunday, January 15, 2017
Enter dates to see accurate pricing
Booking confirmation within 24 hours
Peace of mind when checking out through VRBO
- We'll back you with our Book With Confidence GuaranteeTM
- You'll get comprehensive payment protection when checking out on our website
- We're always here for you with customer service available 24/7
Read more about our Book with Confidence GuaranteeTM
Send a message to owner
Anonymously report this listing
We appreciate your participation and assistance with our efforts to operate the most secure and trusted vacation rental marketplace in the industry
If you have any questions, please visit our Help Center.