This is not your standard rental with outdated design or IKEA furniture and misleading photos. The Turret House is a two story historic property located on a large corner lot in Portland's most beautiful Eastside neighborhood (Irvington) and surrounded by stunning homes and tree-canopied streets. 3 blocks away are some of Portland’s favorite restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookstores, grocers, and cannabis dispensaries. Your unit has been meticulously updated, while maintaining its Spanish Californian architecture and open, circular floor plan – see floor plan in photos. My partner and I are professional designers and we’ve worked hard to blend tradition and modern simplicity so you have a unique travel experience.
Enter the two-story turret through an original 3-inch thick solid tongue & groove door with original wrought iron framing. The turret is brilliantly accented by a solid brass Moroccan Ceiling light that projects geometric light patterns on the walls at night. The custom etched, leaded glass windows of the turret also reflect a full spectrum of colors in the sun.
From the turret, you walk into your first floor, 2,000 square-foot flat. The unit is HUGE and is surrounded by more than 30 original, single-paned window bays that deliver much light and tree views. Original oak floors throughout, original white hex tile in the bathroom, lath & plaster walls, tall ceilings, built-in cubbies, a large fireplace, and arched doorways make the unit feel like you’re in Spain a century ago. Each room is extremely spacious and well-appointed with a combination of American Heritage and Mid-Century Modern furniture. The furniture, beautiful indoor plants, and architecture create a unique experience that blends current and timeless design.
- 1 giant master bedroom with new King, 100% organic latex mattress, stunning solid walnut bed frame, large flat screen TV with Apple TV, double closet, beautiful Mid-Century rocking chair, rare Kurdish rug, and a stunning walnut credenza.
- 1 spacious guest bedroom with new queen bed, desk, & solid wood heritage furniture
- 1 giant bathroom with full bath tub, built-in mirror/medicine closet, and original hex tile floor
- Huge living room with a large, stocked fireplace, very tall ceilings, brand new extra long chez lounge sofa, high end turntable and speakers with fantastic record collection, solid walnut desk, & large computer monitor with HDMI cable hook-up. Living room also features a huge library of incredible books.
- Huge dining room with large 1960s teak dining table and teak chairs for 12 – ideal for dinner parties
- Breakfast nook with custom built, old-growth fir bench and table.
- Fully stocked kitchen with everything you need – JennAir stainless steel commercial range, hood, huge new sink with new faucet, dishwasher, Le Creuset pots and pans, and high end knives
- Laundry room with washer, dryer, and folding table/diaper change station is upstairs
- Kitchen access to backyard
- Ample, safe parking immediately in front of property
The front yard and back yard are shared spaces (with other guests/residents). The jasmine-filled, covered patio in the back yard features a Weber gas BBQ and dining table for 6. Adirondack Chairs, an outdoor fire pit, and a double Hammock offer options for star gazing and sun-bathing.
OTHER UNIT FEATURES:
- Fully stocked fireplace
- Air Conditioning in living room. Ceiling fans in bedrooms(unit doesn’t get hot in the summer and does not need air conditioning unless it is over 100 degrees).
- Beautiful art in every room
- Flatscreen TV with Apple TV
- High end turntable and speakers with fantastic record collection
- Loads of daylight and tree views from each room
- A kitchen fit for a great chef
- High ceilings with Spanish style arches and lath & plaster walls throughout
- Ample parking immediately in front of property
The space is a 18 min taxi from the airport. Its also 2 miles from downtown Portland and less than a mile from the Convention Center and Moda Center. Nike’s shared bike system is 5 short blocks away. MAX is 1 mile away. Busses are 3 blocks away. Most guests use Lyft or rent a car.