About the property
- House90 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay2 nights
Traditional japanese 4 Rooms House in Sugamo Tokyo! Easy access to major places
# Traditional Japanese House in Sugamo Tokyo
# 90m2 / 4Rooms BIG entire House with small garden
# 2Double Beds & 2Futons
# We can accommodate up to 6 person : )
Comfortable for 2~6Adults.
# Close to Natural HotSpring ONSEN Spa
# Direct bus to ASAKUSA & IKEBUKURO
# Easy access everywhere (Yamanote Line & Mita Line)
# FREE Pocket WIFI
# Massage chair
----- Nostalgic Old Traditional japanese House -----
* Quiet 2 storied single family home with a small garden.
* Living room, dining/kitchen, separate bathroom and toilet, and 3 rooms.
* House size : 90㎡
* 2 double beds, 2 single futon sets
* Occupants: maximum 6 people. For a comfortable stay, we recommend up to 4 people in the house.
* Please contact us if you wish to have 6 or more people in your party.
* This house is close to Sugamo station (JR Yamanote line & Metro Mita line) and easy access to Ikebukuro, Asakusa, Ueno, Yanesen, Shitamachi area.
* There is famous ONSEN Natural Hot Spring Spa near the house. (7mins by walking)
* 10 minutes walk from Sugamo Station. The walk includes the Jizou Dori shopping strip.
* "Yamate Line", "Mita Line" "Nanboku Line" and "Arakawa Line" (4 different train lines) in walking distance. Very convenient for sightseeing.
* Bus station within 5 minutes walk. Easy access to Asakusa and Ikebukuro using the bus. This bus line also runs through popular downtown sightseeing spots, Yanaka, Nezu and Sendagi (Ya-ne-sen Area). Take this bus and go for a walk through Ya-ne-Sen area which miraculously remained unharmed by the war, where
the elegance and charm of Edo period still remain.
--- The Neighborhood ---
We welcome you to an old Japanese style house where you can immerse yourself in our historical friendly Japanese downtown neighborhood.
This is a single-family house near Sugamo shopping district in downtown Tokyo. It is your chance to experience the good old Japanese life, in Japanese way.
Tokyo can be divided in two areas : modern metropolitan area such as Shinjuku and Shibuya, and downtown area such as Ueno, Asakusa, Ya-ne-sen (Yanaka, Nezu, Sendagi area) where you still can see Tokyo from the old days.
Our hidden gem is located in one of those Shitamachi(downtown) area called Sugamo. Sugamo is famous for Jizou Dori shopping strip where you will find the best of Japanese local dishes from snacks to breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can eat cheap (but tasty) or treat yourself to one of the many well-known old historic
restaurants. Every month, on 4th, 14th and 24th, a local festival is held on this strip. Come and join the local festivity of downtown Tokyo. Begin it in Sugamo.
Sugamo is a typical Japanese downtown, but not yet known to foreign tourists like Asakusa. It is one of the remaining pure Japanese treasures. If you like the atmosphere of old downtown and want to feel its history, this is the place o be.
This house is in a quiet neighborhood with less traffic. You can relax yourself at the natural hot spring bath facility nearby if you wish. The tranquility makes you forget that you are in the heart of Tokyo, one of the busiest cities in the world.
# Please finish your passport and ID authentication and fill out your profile at least on airbnb, before you book the room!
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 17, 2018
Hello, I am Megmi :) Please visit my Home Seet Home in Shibuya and Sugamo. I was working for travel agency and have a licence of The National Examination for Certified General Travel Service Supervisor. If you need I can help your travel. I am looking forward to seeing you soon : )
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Quiet location, but good sized house for a residential stay experience.
Good sized house, not too far from the station (15 minutes walking), decent assortment of restaurants within walking distance. If you’re wanting to stay in Tokyo but not in a hotel, this place gives you more space for about the same price. The host was very helpful and would be a great resource for those who might need a little help getting around.
A lovely traditional gem of a house situated in a quiet delightful neighbourhood.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely traditional house situated in a quiet residential neighbourhood. Everything we needed during our stay was provided including linen, tea and coffee, and laundry facilities. The futons gave us a comfortable night's sleep and the kotatsu was a huge hit! The house was within walking distance of public transport providing excellent access to all areas of Tokyo. There are plenty of convenience stores nearby and of course the endearing main shopping street with a wide variety of shops, restaurants, street food and it's very own little shrine! We would recommend this property to anyone wanting a peaceful escape at the end of a long day in the hustle and bustle of Tokyo's other areas of attraction.
The trip of a lifetime!
Megumi is amazing! The bikes provided by her made the trip even more fun. Close to subway and easily accessible to everything. Local towns are a short bike ride away and provide quite the adventure!
Perfect Japan Experience
This is a truely tradional Japanese house in a quiet residential neighbourhood not far from Sugamo station and a lovely tradional shopping street. Sugamo Station, the Jizo-dori Shopping Street, several supermarkets, post office, ATMs, temples and plenty of different restaurants and cafés are in walking distance to the house.
Megumi is indeed a perfect host, sending the most accurate guide how to find the house and suggesting the best and reasonable restaurants. Water, tea, snacks, toiletries and even washing detergent have been provided.
Thank you so much Megumi for making this trip such a great experience we’ll never forget. We’re already missing Japan.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
* If you're traveling with an infant or small child, Please let us know before make a reservation. * Strictly NO BIG Volume MUSIC, NO PARTY and NO LOUD SOUNDS in the room. Our neighbor is very quiet in this building. Please respect our neighbor. * Please separate garbage into burnable, non-burnable or recyclable and throw it into the each dust bins.