Leave your car and your cares at the marina because Little Gasparilla is accessible only by water taxi! That means our beaches are uncrowded and tourists and traffic are just a mainland memory. If you are looking for a quiet tropical island to relax and unplug, Little Gasparilla is your dream vacation spot. Our "nightlife" consists of giant sea turtles laying their eggs -- our only bar is the sand bar where you can find sand dollars and shells!
This elegant, newer beach home is one of the newest, most beautifully maintained and best outfitted on the island. Enjoy free kayaks and paddle boards! Everything you need for a fun-filled stay on Little Gasparilla. A large living/dining area with a oversized dining table and high ceilings looks out to the wide porch with its gas grill, comfortable seating area and porch swing. The kitchen is fully equipped with every appliance you could need to cook a gourmet meal. There is a fully stocked pantry and because the owners use the house frequently themselves, the pantry is well stocked...unlike some nearly empty rental units on the island. The washer-dryer is just off the kitchen.
There are three bedrooms....the master features a king bed with an en suite bathroom, bedroom 2 features a queen bed and the third bedroom has a full bed.
Downstairs, a full deck offers an outdoor shower, a large porch swing, two seating areas, a fire pit for outdoor barbecues or s'mores and a large storage area full of beach toys...everything from floats and rafts to snorkels, paddle boards, fishing gear and tackle. This home is so well equipped you need only bring your groceries and your flip flops to begin to enjoy your fun-filled Little Gasparilla vacation!
This home also provides a $100 golf cart voucher toward the rental of a golf cart from LGI Carts to explore the island during your stay (valid for stays of a week or more only). You use this certificate just like cash and the renter is still responsible for any additional rental fees, security deposit and any damage fees. The voucher cannot be redeemed for cash should the guest elect not to rent a golf cart or if LGI carts has no availability. You must present a hard copy of the voucher to redeem. Please make golf cart reservations early!
WiFi - available with a fee. Speeds adequate for web-browsing, emails, social media, but not games or streaming.
Pet Policy - pet-friendly with $100 non-refundable fee per pet- small pets (under 25 lb)
Minimum Renter Age - 25
Boat Slip - included on dock number 69 (this is also where the water taxi will drop you off)
Complimentary Concierge- will meet you at the dock with a golf cart to assist with transporting your luggage and groceries to the home
Satellite TV - yes
Grill Type - gas and smoker
Parking - $6/night ($8/night if you have a boat trailer) at Eldred's Marina where you meet the boat taxi
Golf cart voucher - $100 golf cart voucher from LGI carts provided for weekly rentals (subject to availability)
ANSWERS TO LITTLE GASPARILLA FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS...PLEASE READ!
• You cannot drive your car to the island and the only access is via water taxi; there is no vehicle ferry.
• You must park your car at the marina at the mainland but it will be perfectly safe there; parking is $6 a day.
• The water taxi is $10 per person each way and he will drop you right at our dock
• All homes come with a grill. This home has a gas grill.
• All homes come with beach chairs and an umbrella.
• You must bring all groceries to the island with you.
• There are no stores of any kind on the island, not even a convenience store.
• There is no need to bring drinking water; the water from the tap is safe and drinkable.
• There are first responders on the island and we have 911 service in case of an emergency.
• Golf carts are not necessary; the island is only 100-200 yards wide in most places and our concierge will meet you upon arrival to bring you to the house. But they are fun to go exploring. You may rent a golf cart from LGI Carts: 941-697-3820.
• You can fish off the dock or the beach but non-Florida residents will need to purchase a fishing license.
• Only small pets (under 20 lb) allowed in this home. The beach is dog-friendly but dogs must be under your control, non-aggressive. We must know in advance if you plan to bring a pet and a fee of $100 (per pet) will be applied to your quote.
INTERNET: There is no wired internet service on the island. There are a couple options for wifi. Most people just opt to use the mobile hotspots on their smartphones, especially if they have unlimited data or a large data plan. Cell service is excellent and that is the most convenient option...and it seems to work a bit faster. We can provide instructions on hot spotting if you are not familiar. If you do not have a smartphone, we provide a free Verizon jetpack BUT you have to purchase data AND YOU MUST REQUEST IT IN ADVANCE. You can either bring a Verizon card with you OR we can sell you one when we bring over the jetpack. You can buy as much data as you need, but it IS expensive....so we urge guests NOT to plan on using the jetpack for entertainment...no streaming music or videos, etc. It is more than adequate for checking emails, etc. and most people use about 2G of data per week which is $35. 5G is $60 and 10G is $100. (It is sort of like a cruise where you have to pay for the minutes you are on-line.) You just need to let us know in advance so we can make sure we have a fully charged jetpack available for you. If you bring a Verizon card with you, we can show you how to add the data. Or, we can pre-add data prior to your arrival but you have to let us know how much you think you will need. Just keep in mind that it is NOT the internet you are used to on the mainland, and anything that uses up a lot of data will increase your costs. (It is especially helpful to remind kids and teenagers who are used to unlimited data!) We usually suggest that people download books and movies to their tablets or e-readers BEFORE coming to the island.
PLEASE NOTE: We do require that two members of each group must be over 25 years of age. We apologize, but we can NOT rent to college groups as a courtesy to the homeowners and our island neighbors. Guests will be evicted if found not to meet age requirements upon check in. Additionally, we can not exceed capacity in island homes due to the fragile septic systems.