1BR/1BA apt. w. patio&pool, downtown, 1 blk. to beach, lower lvl.
- english, spanish, dutch
About Ruben Lysens
Hi, we are Sophie and Ruben. Not so long ago we came to Sayulita on a surf trip, and immediately lost our hearts here. We packed up and moved - with our two daughters - and never looked back. We are originally from Belgium. We've lived for 8 years in beautiful Laguna Beach, California, and now we live full time in equally beautiful Sayulita, Nayarit.
Ruben Lysens purchased this Apartment in 2016
What makes this Apartment unique
The location can't be beat. The house is situated at 1/2 a block from the beach and 1/2 a block from the town center.
Check-in: 3:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
A gem of a place by the beach
This was our second stay at this property. Its proximity to everything, the cool plunging pool, the security gate, all add up to a great place to hang your hat in Sayulita.
Close to everything, quiet and clean!
Loved our second time staying here.
Comfortable for Two
Villa was in a very good location, close to everything. Loved the patio and dipping pool. Property is well managed and was responsive to our needs. It took a couple of days to figure out the housekeeping routine, especially because the housekeeper didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish. But we figured it out, got our needs met, and both Vicky & Pancho were very gracious. Only recommendation would be that the downstairs unit doesn't have anyplace to hang wet beach towels. Upstairs has the stair railing that doubles as a clothes hanger. Recommend a folding clothes dryer for wet towels, bathing suits. Also the BBQ grill advertised was reportedly broken and unusable.
Home in the perfect location
It was great! We wanted for nothing (other than tv LOL) there were lots of festivities around us and lots of music (noise) as people have said, however always shut down by midnightish and really a not big deal at all. (we are in our fifties so old enough) Very quiet through the night. We felt safe here. Privacy was not an issue. Clean, comfy bed with air conditioner. We loved the location for everything. You can easily walk anywhere you need to be. No complaints.
Just returned from a 1 week vacation and was our 1st time visiting this surfing town. The location of the apartment is great - you are a block from the beach and in the midst of restaurants, cafes and market stores. Overall pros would include:
- location and everything you need is in walking distance including small grocery store
- apartment has all amenities including dishes, salt & pepper, soap, shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer and even some coffee though not sure if this was left from prior guests. We were presently surprised to learn that there is daily housekeeping who provides fresh towels
- large purified water jug that is filled as required (before running out)
- outdoor shower to rinse off after day at the beach
- enjoyed happy hour(s) at the beach watching surfers
A few cons would include:
- Wifi is very intermittent
- no microwave that would of been handy to warm up leftovers
- the pool is small- more of a plunge pool and quite cold as does not get sun so we never used it
- the main beach is very busy & ocean waves are intense so swimming in the ocean was intense and took a few spills. There is also smaller, quieter beach to the left of the main beach but still has large waves which one should expect when visiting a surfing town!
Perfect location in Sayulita
Great little apartment for our stay , had everything we needed