Casa Cielo Grande is a beautiful Costa Rica vacation rental property ideally located twenty minutes from the Juan Santamaria International Airport in San Jose, Costa Rica. We are just 40 minutes away from the beautiful and active Poas Volcano.
The views are gorgeous and great, the rooms are clean and fresh, and the pool is stunning and sweet. Perfect for groups, families, friends, couples, and individuals, Case Cielo Grande is made up of two apartments and one house.
Location and Spectacular Views! You can't find a better location and better views than here!
Luxurious rooms with incredible views of the Central Valley and excellent proximity to the airport. Our location also gives guests the best access for activities!
Casa Cielo Grande is an ideal base to explore nearby Costa Rica. Pacific Ocean beaches are less than two hours away, the city of Alajuela is fifteen minutes away, and Poas Volcano National Park is forty-five minutes away. Other nearby activities are the Doka Estate Coffee Tour, La Paz Waterfall Garden, rainforest walking trails, a chocolate tour, a zoo, zip line, Arenal Volcano and Hot Springs, and more.
Check out these Short Day Trips from the Casa Cielo Grande (CCG). Our property is located so that you can have relaxing, non-stress days and still see some spectacular sights in the area. It's a perfect set-up! Including driving time, each of the options below will take approximately 4-6 hours, or longer if you so desire.
1. Poas Volcano. Not only are you able to look down into the caldera of an active volcano, but Poas is also the easiest and most accessible spots to see cloud forest. Poas is also known for having the second largest crater in the world. It's only a 40 minutes drive from the CCG. We can help you with getting their on public transportation, give you directions if you want to drive yourself, or arrange private transportation.
2. Doka Estate Coffee Tour. Visit the largest coffee plantation in Costa Rica and discover the process of growing high quality coffee. Have breakfast, lunch, or dinner in absolutely beautiful surroundings, and visit a butterfly garden and go shopping for some souvenirs. This is only a 10 minute drive, and we will be able to easily help you with transportation.
3. La Paz Waterfall Garden. Travel to Costa Rica's most visited nature park and animal sanctuary. With lush rain forests and waterfalls surrounding you, experience the world's largest butterfly exhibit, see more hummingbirds than you can count, and look into the eyes of jaguars close up. And that's just a small part of what you'll see. A great educational opportunity! About an hour drive from the CCG, transportation, again, can be easily arranged. The drive there is worth the trip!
4. Alajuela City Tour. What would a trip to a foreign country be without getting immersed into the culture. Travel just 10 minutes down the mountain and you will be in the center of Costa Rica's second largest city. Enjoy one of the active town parks, go into numerous shops, or wander around the Alajuela central market. Or, if you are lucky and a game is scheduled, go see Costa Rica's oldest (and best!) professional soccer team play a match. Soccer is very big in Costa Rica!
5. Anywhere Costa Rica. No matter what you want to experience on your trip, we can provide for you expert advice and services to make your travel dreams a reality. Our team has been providing travel services for almost 20 years; we know Costa Rica like the back of our hand. And, not only that, if you stay a minimum of 3 nights at the CCG (first night, last night, and one other night), we will pick you up upon your arrival at the airport, and take you there for your return flight out. We will also help you get your rental car delivered to and picked up at the CCG. This will mean that you can skip the stressful and tiring experience of standing in line at the rental counter after your long flight.