Unobstructed ocean and beach view. Located in the popular, quiet subdivision of Swan Lake. Surfside Beach was voted "Best Gulf Coast Beach Town" by Gulfscapes Magazine. Beach is well maintained. House sleeps up to 12. 2 queens, 1 full, 2 bunk beds and queen sofa sleeper. Fully equipped kitchen, granite counter top prep island, water cooler, and new GE appliances. Open kitchen and living area with all bedrooms quietly located in the back portion of the house. Flat screen TV in living area with XFinity and DVR/BlueRay player. Two full baths with separate sink areas. Washer and dryer. All linens and towels provided, including beach towels. Clean linens will be placed at the foot of each bed, ready to be put on. Open space under house for BBQing on the large charcoal grill, hanging out or napping in the hammock. Outside shower with hot water. Deck box full of beach toys. Sun deck along the front of the house, great for morning coffee or your evening glass of wine.
- House1500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths0
- Min Stay2 - 4 nights
Steps From The Beach. 4 Bedroom, 2 Full Baths, Beautifully Decorated.
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 21, 2018
About Terri Leo
I am a case manager for special need students. Prior to owning my own beach house, I rented houses in Surfside for 22 summers with my children. Times at Surfside Beach hold some of our best memories. As my children started to have families of their own, I once again wanted a place to reconnect. I never dreamed I would own my own beach house. I hope you will love it as much as I do. I still pinch myself when I walk in the door. It really is my Second Wind.
Terri Leo purchased this House in 2012
Why Terri Leo chose Surfside Beach
It was located on my favorite part of the beach and had the perfect floor plan for family gatherings. It was lovingly cared for by the original owner. As you can see from the photo, my kids literally have to drag me away from my beach house!
What makes this House unique
Only 67 miles from downtown Houston and scenic 40 mile drive up the coastline to Galveston. The house is only steps from the beach. This house is technically on the second row, but has an unobstructed view of the beach and the ocean. Beautifully appointed interior. The view from the deck is what sold me!
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date.
Excellent Beach House!
We had an excellent stay at this Beach House! It was very comfortable and everything that we needed was in place. Nice view of the beach and Gulf! Easy walk on to a very nice beach! Our Host, Terri, provided us excellent support for every request. Very nice accommodations!
Thank you so much for your stay. I really loved having you and hope you com e back soon.
If I could give this home 6 stars I would.
We flew in from South Carolina to visit wife's family. Found this home on vrbo and we was not disappointed at all. The house is spotless. The decor is beautiful inside the home.The view is amazing. It's second row house,but more like a first row house.Nice area under the house to grill out or just relax. Always a wonderful breeze blowing from the gulf. Kitchen is well stocked. Internet works fine. The owner is very friendly and helpful. Definitely will be staying again when we return.
I loved having you and your family. You took great care of my home and were so enjoyable to work with. Please come back soon!
Very beautiful place, for relaxing and spending time with family.
I loved having you Linda. Please come again soon.
Fabulous for families w/ little children! Walking distance of the beach! Owner is easily accessible and responds timely! Great family vacay place!
I loved having your family stay and hope you come back soon! You were perfect guests.
Beautiful vacation home at Surfside Beach, Tx
We stayed here for 3 nights and wished we could stay a little longer. The house was very clean and beautifully decorated. The price was well within my budget. We will definitely stay here again.
Perfect for what we wanted!
Terri is great to work with; very responsive and accommodating! The house was perfect for what we wanted. Layout was nice because you couldn't hear anything if you wanted to sleep early and others stayed up. Neighbors were super friendly as well. Loved that there was parking under the house-made coming and going easy. Overall this was exactly what we wanted and will definitely book here again!
You were the perfect guests and I am thrilled you want to come. I enjoyed having you.
28'58' 40.2528 "N 9'15'14.7708"W is the Nautical Location of the House
Activities in the Surfside Beach area: ( If just chill'in at the beach is not enough; ...and Surfside Beach is soooooo much less crowded, cleaner and easier to get to than Galveston. ...and Surfside Beach never closes.)
1. Crabbing Pier is close by on the Bay side.
2. Gulf Cart Rental is my favorite. I use Jack at Brazoport Golf Carts: 979-299-8422. He will bring the cart to you and is very prompt and reliable.
3. Horseback Riding and Jet Ski Rental are available. I have information on rentals in my guest book in the house.
4. Historical Jetty and Jetty Park located at the end of Pedestrian Beach: If you go early you can see dolphins swimming. This is also a popular fishing spot.When my girls where younger they loved to watch the large ships from all over the world, being pulled by the tug boats and sometimes escorted by the Coast Guard :). There is a rocky area near the public beach where the crabbing is good. If you reach in the cracks of the rocks you can get small conch shells. This is also the best place for waves if you want to surf. The best person/place for a surfing lesson is Bingo at Bingo's. He was a competitive surfer in the 1960's and still can bust a move and teach you to do so as well.
5. There is a kayak and boat launch a short distance from the house on the bay side.
6. Bonfires and Camping on the beach are allowed. Just don't burn the Christmas Trees on the dunes. They are there for dune restoration and you will be fined 250.00 if caught. I usually have firewood at the back of the house.
7. Shell Collecting: Since hurricane Ike there are not as many shells here or in Galveston. If you are an early riser that is your best bet. There is also a small beach located at the dead end on Pedestrian Beach, just beyond the small orange house. There are rocks there and they hold the shells from going back out with the tide. I have had the most luck there. Another good location for shells is along the Kelly Hambry Nature Trail. You are also welcome to take any of the shells you find in my shell garden under the house.
8. Texas Sea Center is located in Lake Jackson, 15 minute drive.
9. Birding Watching: Blue Water Hwy is part of "The Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail".
10. History: Old Velasco: Key Texas port of entry during the civil war. This was also the area of the first collision in arms between Texas colonists and the Mexican Military in Texas' War for Independence in 1832.
10. Gulf Intracoastal Waterway: the surrounding area contains a complex system of barge canals and natural channels and is considered the most valuable waterway in America. At the Edgewater Grill, under the bridge ( the one when you enter Surfside ) has good food and you can watch the barges come and go up close.
11. Jet Ski Rentals
12. Early Morning Horseback Riding
13. Deep Sea Sport Fishing Charters
14. Historic Galveston is a scenic 40 minute drive east on Blue Water Highway. I have a guest book in the house with points of interests and my recommendations. ( Art Walk, Grand Opera House, Shopping the Strand, Taffy Making at La Kings, Sea Turtle Rescue Center, Sunshine Cafe, Gaido's , Pleasure Pier, Seawall, Moody Mansion, Ashton Villa, Bishops Palace, Offshore Rig and Museum, Moody Gardens, Schlitterbaun,
15. There is also 100's of things to do in Houston, or spend the day at NASA and Kemah Boardwalk.
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
High Season Rates Apply for Holidays ( Thanksgiving 11/19-11/26, Christmas 12/23-12/30, New Years 12/31-1/6 and Spring Break) Fees are non-refundable for inclement weather. Pro-rated fees will be refunded if a mandatory hurricane evacuation is called for.