About the property
- Cabin1759 sqft
- Half Baths0
- Minimum Stay1 - 3 nights
3 Bdr, 2 Bath Cottage and Game House on a Creek, Near Skiing, Hiking, Mt Rainier
Beautifully updated vintage cottage and private game house (man cave) in High Valley. Nearly 1800 square feet of living space. Sleeps 8 (including the full size futon in the game house - there is no bathroom in the gamehouse). Can accommodate 10 people if folks want to bring sleeping bags and sleep on the sofas in the living room.
Check-in is 4PM or later. Check-out no later than 11AM.
There is an additional nightly fee for each guest over 2 guests. It is automatically included in the nightly booking quote.
There is high speed cable WIFI, very reliable. The Smart TVs include free Netflix, HBO, and a complete SlingTV package including sports extra with NFL Redzone, college basketball, etc.
The cottage has a wrap-around deck, 3 bedrooms (one with smart TV) and 2 bathrooms, full kitchen, full dining room, living room (with smart TV) and wood stove.
Linens, towels, soap, shampoo, iron, ironing board, hair dryer are all available for your use. The kitchen includes full size refrigerator/freezer, stove/oven, dishwasher, sink, coffee pot, microwave, crock pot, toaster, pots, dishes, silverware, glassware, stocked spice rack, utensils. We don't provide food.
The game house has full size pool table, dartboard, smart TV, and pacman/donkey kong 60 game 2-player console (play for free). (The gamehouse makes the property a great choice for families with teens, couples, family get-togethers, etc. It also offers a way for folks to do things together even during inclement weather, when hiking might not be an option.)
Guests have access to the heated pools (in season) and the golf course at the High Valley Country Club 1/2 mile away.
The yard is large and includes a covered BBQ pavilion, fire pit, and picnic table. On the back of the game house is a large covered patio facing the back yard leading to the creek.
The cottage is minutes from hiking trails. All guests have access to High Valley Country Club swimming pools ($5 fee per person) and golf course ($10 fee per person). The cabin is just 20 minutes to White Pass Ski Area and 30 minutes (seasonally) to Mt Rainier National Park entrances. (During the winter the closest road to Mt. Rainier National Park may close due to snow. The route to Mt. Rainier National Park is then west on Hwy 12 and then north on Hwy 7.)
Check in: 4PM (or later, access is with door code) Checkout: 11AM. Strict.
1. This is a non smoking property. Smoking is not allowed inside or within 15 feet of the house.
2. Up to 2 dogs allowed, with $25 fee. Guests with dogs that do not pay the fee will be charged $50 from their security deposit. If additional cleaning, yard pickup or other damage exceeds the norm of pet hair, dog towel wash and dog smudged windows, an amount from your refundable $200 deposit will be forfeited. No pets shall be left unattended inside the premises at any time.
3. No one under the age of 25 is permitted to rent the cabin.
4. A $200 refundable security deposit is required for the cabin. Report any damage immediately to the Owners upon entry of the premises. Tenant acknowledges that he/she may be charged for damages not reported at the beginning of the rental period. An inventory and damage report is taken upon the completion of each rental period. Damage includes, and is not limited to, wear and tear beyond normal usage, such as damage to walls, fixtures, glass, decks, landscaping, carpets, structures, lost, damaged, or destroyed linens, electronic components and appliances.
5. Directions and key code will be e-mailed to you prior to your arrival. Check-in time is 4:00 p.m.(PST). Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.(PST). SDtrict. There is a $50.00 charge for missing keys.
6. Neighbors: Tenant agrees to respect the rights and privacy requirements of our neighbors. No loud music or parties are allowed on the these premises. The use of fireworks are strictly prohibited on premises. Be considerate with cars and noise coming and going at early or late hours. There is a local quiet time ordinance . If you are disruptive of others you may be evicted without a refund.
7. Evidence of cigarette smoke-$200 charge.
8. We are not liable for failures of any equipment, systems, or appliances, as major repair problems cannot be foreseen. In the event of a failure notify us immediately as we may be able to get it fixed/replaced quickly.
9. If the Tenant or any member of his party violates any of the terms of this agreement, Owner may terminate this lease with no refund and enter the premises to remove the tenant, his party and their belongings according to the Vacation Rental Act.
10. Renter and all members of his/her party agree to indemnify and save the Owner harmless from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises and adjoining property by the Renter, his/her party of their invitees, from known or unknown danger or hazard attributed to the Owners.
11. The maximum number of people that can occupy the cabin is 10, (unless other arrangements were made). Occupy means overnight sleepers and daytime visitors. $25 per person/night is charged for unauthorized guests. Violation of this agreement will be the cause for immediate eviction.
By completing this rental, RENTER CERTIFIES that he/she is a responsible adult over age 25 and will be one of the occupants.
This document serves as the rental agreement under the laws of WA, between Renter & Sandra Gesang.
I have read, understand, and agree to the rental terms & regulations as stated above. During this rental, I am solely responsible for all damages.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 16, 2018
About Sandra Gesang
My husband and I transferred to the Northwest from the East Coast in the 1980s and have loved living here ever since. We hike the local national forests and ski at White Pass. Our (current) favorite restaurant in Packwood is Cliff Droppers (for their amazing, juicy, burgers!).
Sandra Gesang purchased this Cabin in 2016
Why Sandra Gesang chose Packwood
We purchased Yellow Cottage because we loved the location on Butter Creek, the large (nearly 1800 square feet) vintage/rustic cottage, the wrap-around deck, and the extra 350sq.ft. outbuilding which we converted into a game house (man cave, lol). Attached to the game house is a large covered patio facing the yard and creek.
What makes this Cabin unique
I would say what makes this property most unique is the game house with its full size pool table, darts, Smart TV, and (brand new) vintage-80s-style Ms. Pacman 2-player 60 game console table. The Smart TV includes Netflix and complete SlingTV package including sports extra with NFL Redzone and college basketball, HBO, etc. The gamehouse makes the property a great choice for families with teens, couples, family get-togethers, etc. It also offers a way for folks to do things together even during inclement weather, when hiking might not be an option.
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 14 days before arrival date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Loved it we'll go. Back again super clean very very cute.
We had a few toddlers with us and the home was very kid friendly and a blast!
Beautiful, quiet location with plenty of fun things to do if the weather is bad
We stayed at the Butter Creek house for spring break during the last week in March. We knew the weather was probably going to be wet, so the game house would allow us to have a lot of fun family time while staying indoors, and that's exactly how the week turned out. It rained every day, but we had a blast in the game house. The main house was very neat and clean and had plenty of beds (in 3 separate bedrooms). There were three different smart TVs (living room, master bedroom and game house), so we enjoyed watching several movies together as a family. Overall, this place is clean and comfortable and a great place to stay!
Great place to tell the world to get lost
We really needed to get away from lifes demands. Our dogs enjoyed it and we enjoyed having our dogs with us. We saw two herds of elk on the way and this morning they just walked down the road in front of our house. The game room is fun, didn't use it as much as I thought. If we were here longer would have used the fire pit. Didn't seem like the neighbors were around which suited us fine. The size of the creek was great and I'm sure in the summer would feel wonderful. Really more like a small river. The bathrooms are pretty small, the master bed is not comfortable but that is really the only negatives. The woodstove burns really slowly which is nice. Marker for dart score board is missing. Large enough place for two couples and kids. Town was a surprise, much nicer than other towns we passed through. Couches are older and not super comfy but not bad. I really appreciated how clean the place was. It was also nice they didn't charge an arm and leg for the cleaning fee.
We had a wonderful experience staying at this charming yellow cabin for our family ski trip. Being so close to White Pass was wonderful and all the house amenities were a great addition to our fun get away. Sandra was amazing by even letting us have a late check out! We will definitely stay here again :)
Ski weekend with the family
Excellent family experience,everything we needed and more definitely recommend
Welcome to Butter Creek Cottage in Packwood! You are officially in the heart of volcano country, located centrally between Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, and Mt. Adams. Packwood's remote location and small town charm should appeal to each of you that have come looking for a wonderful place to relax and refresh. The scenic beauty and recreational opportunities have attracted visitors from all over the world! Summer and winter fun Because of our proximity to so many recreational areas, Packwood enjoys a diversity of people and businesses. Summer events include two flea markets, an art exhibition, hotrod car show, music festival and several bbqs. The Christmas festival, winter carnival and a snowmobile hill climb keep us busy in the winter. Flea markets Thousands of travelers and bargain hunters visit Packwood's biannual flea markets, held during the memorial day and labor day holiday weekends. Both events are organized by the community, independent of a centralized organization. Vendors offer a wide range of wares (new and used), including antiques, toys, bird houses and feeders, tools, and homemade crafts. Food vendors and local restaurants are nearby when you are ready to enjoy a snack or a meal. Most property and business owners along highway 12 rent booth space and determine fees independently of others. For more information please contact the destination packwood association by email or phone: 360-494-2223 Local activities Activities within 1 to 15 miles include hiking, geo caching, wild mushroom and huckleberry picking, climbing, fishing, river exploring, kayaking, boating, rafting, countless photography opportunities, swimming, skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing, snowmobiling, golfing, gold panning, horseback riding, four wheeling, mountain biking, shopping, dining out, mountain volcano, meadows, waterfall exploring and wildlife viewing.