About the property
- House1350 sqft
- Half Baths1
- Minimum Stay2 - 5 nights
House, 3 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2.5 Baths, (Sleeps 9-10)
This nearly new custom three bedroom, two and a half bath home is a high tech masterpiece with flat screen TVs in each bedrrom and living room, DSL, cordless phones, fully appointed gourmet kitchen with granite slabs and high quality creature comforts everywhere. Walk to the Twin Lakes Beach - one of the few that allows bonfires at night; find fine and casual dining opportunities and oceanview bar at the premier Santa Cruz restaurant, The Crow's Nest, with stores, shopping and breakfast and lunch cafes all within walking distance. The Boardwalk amusement park is a 10 minute drive.
The Twin Lakes Beach is one of the best beaches anywhere, accommodating sports and relaxation in and out of the water. Lifeguards are on-site on most Summer days, making it one of the safest beaches in Santa Cruz.
Rent surfing and sailing devices and book chartered trips on the Monterey Bay at the Santa Cruz Yacht Harbor next to the beach.
Come home and watch movies, play games or surf the web (bring your laptop!). Whether it's time to walk home from the Crow's Nest at midnight or an early end to a long beach day, you can always relax, regroup and sleep in peace when you get back to the quiet, comfortable and peaceful Beach Harbor Villa.
Keywords: New Custom Home, walk to beach
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- Calendar last updated:
- Apr 06, 2018
About Jim Chubb
I bought this lot in 2005 and build a custom 3 bedroom home designed by a locally famous architect. The home feels much larger than the 1350 square feet due to the high ceiling in the living room/dining room. I am a mortgage/real estate broker and my specialty is exceeding customer expectations every day so let me know how I can do this for you! Find my website at pacificinland.com , my weekly column on Sunday in the Santa Cruz Sentinel and reach me anytime at 1-800-368-REFI. Jim Chubb, owner
Jim Chubb purchased this House in 2005
Why Jim Chubb chose Santa Cruz
Quiet street; yet walking distance to the beach and great restaurants and entertainment
What makes this House unique
This home is located in close proximity to the beach and fine restaurants with entertainment yet in a quiet neighborhood that is off the beaten path. Everything you need for a great Santa Cruz experience
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Great property in a terrific location!!
We had a wonderful stay in this beautiful home, just a few blocks from the beach. The house is comfortable and well appointment, and the homeowner is accommodating and flexible. Five stars!!
Great house and awesome location!
After requesting a 5 day stay for this house from VRBO I missed a call from the owner. I called him back and he said I could have the 5 day stay (which would start the next day) and should have heard from VRBO, but not to worry he could pick up a cashiers check from me when I arrived; I told him that VRBO already had my credit card info and he would be paid thru them. Later that evening I called the owner, Jim, back and explained that I still hadn't received confirmation from VRBO; he told me I absolutely had it and could come anytime the next day that I wanted and gave me the lock box code. The next morning while driving to this rental I received a call from Jim and he said he had to cancel my stay because he received a 7 day rental and he hoped I would understand. I told him he needed to not accept another offer when he had already accepted mine and he said he would see what he could do. ten minutes later he said we could stay. We had to sweep the inside of the house when we got there. We washed some of the bath towels because they looked like they had been used. Most all of the white bath towels were stained and looked like they should be used as rags. The location was excellent and the house has great potential if managed better.
This "review" is made of total lies and extreme exaggerations. Since I am considering legal action, I gave them a chance to remove it WITHOUT MENTIONING POSSIBLE LEGAL CONSEQUENCES OF PRINTING DAMAGING LIES. Here is my rebuttal:
1) I am fully committed to every one of my guests having the best possible experience at Beach Harbor Villa. I always check the cleaning. I offer early check-ins ,late check-outs and FREE NIGHTS whenever possible. I GUARANTEE A CLEAN HOME AND AN OWNER WHO IS ALWAYS READY TO DO WHATEVER NECESSARY TO INSURE THE BEST GUEST EXPERIENCE POSSIBLE. I'M ALWAYS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY--DAY OR NIGHT.
2) The VRBO system prevents bookings from being bumped as they stated. They booked last minute and called Thurs. night and said that their card was not billed yet. I offered a few ways to accommodate them as well as OFFERING A 7 HOUR EARLY CHECK-IN AND A LATE CHECK-OUT/EXTRA NIGHT ALL FOR FREE TO GIVE THEM THE "WOW" EXPERIENCE I LIKE TO PROVIDE. I did NOT tell them that I was bumping them for a longer booking!
3) I was out of internet range from Thursday evening until Friday morning, when the VRBO emails made it look like another booking might have been accepted and not theirs. We must be diligent for scammers and still provide amazing customer service every minute. I called them before 10 a.m. and they were on their way to take advantage of the early check-in I had offered. I told them there might have been a mix-up with the VRBO site and that I would quickly investigate. The wife immediately got loud, nasty and threatening. I apologized and told them I had called them first before calling VRBO to make them aware and I promised to jump on it and get clarification ASAP. I let them know within minutes that their booking had been accepted by the system. I said that I hoped the early check-in and free night/late check-out would demonstrate my commitment to them having the best possible experience and I invited them to let me know of anything further I could do to insure their total satisfaction
4) The house was thoroughly cleaned and I verified this. The complaints are LIES. I visited them 3 times to bring a new blender, educate on the TV remote and check their satisfaction.
5) The LIARS brought a BIG not small dog that had long hair not the short non-shed kind as described and left dog poop in the yard.Obviously they are punishing me for 5 minutes of uncertainty when I had to investigate their booking in the VRBO system. We do agree on NEVER AGAIN!!
Comfortable rental, close to beach
Our family enjoyed our week long stay at this three bedroom home. It is an easy 4 block walk to the beach. The living area is open and comfortable, which was great for hanging out with family from out of town. The house sleeps 6 easily. We had one on the sofa bed in the living room, which is not always ideal (no privacy, need to be quiet in the am, etc).
A Convenient Place to Stay in Santa Cruz
Aside from some minor matters, the property met our expectations. It's a quick walk to Twin Lakes beach, and only a couple of minutes by car to the Boardwalk. It was in a quiet neighborhood, and the house is relatively new. This property allows pets on its first floor and our critters had a great time, although our activities wore them out. The owner was very attentive to our wishes and addressed some minor concerns we had. So we had a great stay.
The house was spacious and had an amazing location in a quite neigborhood just a couple of blocks from a great beach. Fabulous upstairs deck of the master bedroom.
2 blocks from Twin Lakes beach, which is one of the cleanest and warmest Santa Cruz County Beaches!! It is an easy walk to yacht harbor, Crows Nest restaurant, El Palomar and high quality coffee and sandwich deli next to the Crow's Nest. Call Jim Chubb, owner with any activity questions!
Rates & Availability
Additional information about rental rates
For anything less than 5 nights during summer and holidays please call 831-429-1385. This home is not set up for 10 adults, but can accommodate up to 10 adults with children. Cleaning is $175 - $350 ( max fee will be charged for more than 8 guests, $225 for 7-8 guests). depending on the number of people in your party. Minimum age for renting is 25 and loud parties are not allowed as this is a quiet neighborhood. Our cleaner works in the neighborhood and if more people than agreed are seen on the premises the guest will forfeit the full security deposit. Evidence of smoking in this non-smoking home will also cause the guest to forfeit the entire security deposit.