The Hall Cabin, offers160 private acres providing you lots of space to play without ever leaving the property and direct access to forest service land on all 4 sides. Your only neighbors will be the wildlife wandering through the clearing or down the old logging roads. Summers provide the opportunity for 4-wheeling, hiking, playing in the creek, barbecuing or roasting hot dogs at one of the campfire rings. Winters afford snowmobiling, cross country skiing, snow shoeing and sledding opportunities all from the front door.
The cabin is 15-20 minutes from North Fork raft launch sites located at Sonderson Meadow, Ford or the Airport. It is 20 minutes to Polebridge and one hour to Bowman Lake. This tranquil property is open 10 months of the year allowing you to enjoy every season except "mud season" in the spring!
From November 15 - March 31, the cabin is snowmobile/ski or snowshoe access only. Parking is available at the caretakers property just 2 miles down the road. Imagine skiing into the property and finding a warm cabin, lights reflecting across the snow, waiting just for you.
The cabin's main floor features:
* West facing covered porch opens into an entry with bench providing a place for you to slip out of your hiking shoes or snow boats. There is lots of space for hanging coatsand wet gear may be taken directly to the basement and hung to dry on the nails or racks provided.
* Galley kitchen with two pantries, desk, full size refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and other small appliances. A propane range and fully functioning wood cookstove may be used to provide meals. Basic kitchen utensils, linens, pots, pans and bakeware and two sets of dishes that will serve 12 people between them.
* Vaulted Dining/Living area surrounds you with floor to ceiling windows, bringing the outdoors inside. The dining table seats six and expands to seat more. The living area has a queen sleeper sofa, coffee table and log reading chair. Both living and dining open out to the east facing deck with views of the creek and peek-a-boo views of the mountain. You may also access both fire rings from the deck.
* Master bedroom is cozy and includes two closets and a queen captain's bed with step and storage.
* The main floor bathroom includes a tub/shower and washer dryer. The bathroom is accessed via the master bedroom.
The loft area is accessed from the entry and includes:
* Three, cozy, semi-private sleeping areas, two with a single twin bed each and the third has a twin bunk bed. We will convert two of the twins into a king bed upon request. All of the sleeping areas have space for suitcases, and a desk. dresser or book shelf.
*The bathroom, tucked under the eaves has a shower and lots of shelf storage for your personal items.
Other items to make your stay enjoyable.
*Air mattresses and sleeping bags are available upon request.
*Feather beds with duvet covers upon request.
*Pak-n-Play and hiking child carrier pack available upon request.
*Picnic cooler and hot dog roasting sticks
*Barbecue is available May - October.
All bed linens, towels and kitchen linens are provided.
Experience the joy of "off-the-grid living" with one of the finest set-ups on the North Fork. Quiet hydro-electric power runs everything 24/7. A wood stove in the basement heats the cabin and firewood is provided for both the wood heating stove and the kitchen cook stove. Propane currently provides the hot water, and fuels the "normal" stove in the kitchen. There is no internet or phone connectivity, providing the perfect excuse to be "out of reach". There is a radio, which you may use to contact the caretaker.
You have use of the cabin and 160 acres surrounding it. The garage/greenhouse and shop are reserved for caretaker use only. Fresh, organic produce may be available in season. Walk the trails, explore the uncleared logging roads (take your GPS), play in the creek or search for spruce whortle berries and huckleberries in season. Hunting is not permitted on the property, but you may access Forest Service land from all four sides of the property.
Pets are allowed on the property with signed pet addendum and deposit. Pets are not allowed in the cabin.