The Cairn Cottage Experience
Kick back and enjoy the views of Lake Superior. Explore, discover and connect with "the best" of the North Shore. Spectacular sights and sounds of the "big lake" are closer than you can imagine from almost every exterior and interior vantage point of this private property and home.
From calm days with sun sparkling on the glass-like water to more dramatic days with crashing waves, Cairn Cottage offers views and comforts in a tasteful, beautiful and well-cared for home.
The cottage's newer construction with light knotty pine walls, new furnishings and large windows has all the amenities for your comfort. In addition to giving guests an unprecedented opportunity to connect with the lake and private beach, Cairn Cottage's nightly rate includes:
Home and Amenities
- Main floor small great room/kitchen with hardwood and tile floors and expansive windows that bring Lake Superior views and sounds inside during your entire stay.
- Main floor lake-facing bedroom with queen-size bed and hardwood floors - a get away on the main floor.
- Second floor lake-facing bedroom with queen-size bed and carpet - a get away on the second floor.
- Loft with extra space for sleeping, reading or games.
- Two charming one and three-quarters bathroom - one on each floor, including the use of EO Products, the natural and organic body care products.
- Well-appointed kitchen with guest needs in mind.
- High-speed WIFI
- Lake-facing deck with four relaxing chairs/ottomans (seasonal).
- Fire pit with stunning lake views and comfortable seating.
- Easy and accessible entry to both the home and the lake.
Cairn Cottage is located on one of the most charming settings on historic Cascade Beach Road and your vacation has started as you approach the tree-overhanging drive and arrive at the little red cottage. You'll find:
- An easy turn-around and private driveway right in front of the home.
- A private beach for walks and rock hunting.
- A private road for long, quiet walks any time of day.
- Less than a three-minute drive to Cascade Lodge and Cascade River State Park and its cross country skiing and hiking trail heads.
- Less than a 10-minute drive to Superior National at Lutsen, a 27-hole golf course tucked away in the Minnesota northwoods, between the North Shore of Lake Superior and the Sawtooth Mountain Range. Superior National's untamed beauty with unparalleled play has been enhanced by a $4.6 million renovation on the "River" and "Canyon" courses.
- Windows, deck and beach with views perfectly situated for sunrises and full moons over the water and the lights of Grand Marais.
The cottage is ideal for:
- One or two couple(s) or four friends on an extended weekend getaway or vacation.
- Family of five for ideal sleeping arrangements.
- Your honeymoon or anniversary or a quiet private retreat.
- Experiencing a stay on the "big lake" in a private setting and skipping the resort.
- An annual get away to the North Shore any time of year.
What could lure you to choose this well-equipped, comfortable home on Lake Superior? To begin with, the Cairn Cottage is situated at about the halfway point between Lutsen and Grand Marais. You have the option of heading east or west for hiking, golfing, biking, fishing and kayaking in the summer and downhill and cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. Restaurants and shops are less than 15 minutes away in either direction.
Treat yourself to a comfortable, cozy and memorable stay right on Lake Superior at Cairn Cottage on Minnesota's own beautiful North Shore.
Additional Charges in Addition to Seasonal Nightly Rate
- Sales and lodging tax
- Cleaning fee
- VRBO service fee (calculated when a reservation is requested and goes to VRBO not owner)
Click on "View Details" to see full quote. After four guests, reservation will include $25 charge per person, per night regardless of age of the guest, including infants.
Cancellation policy: Refund of 100% of your payment if cancelled 30 days or more prior to your scheduled arrival date.
Please note house rules:
Clean and courteous.
We want you to enjoy this beautiful place!