Relax on the new luxury pillow-top and memory foam mattresses; take a dip in the pool and hot tub. Enjoy the peaceful ambiance, remote controlled fireplace, games, pool table, and satellite TV. Nestled on a private 2 acre lot, 7 minutes to the Blue Ridge Parkway, 15 minutes to downtown Asheville. This place is great for families (with kids), small groups, and adventurers looking to take in the Asheville experience. Please only request weekends, holidays and peak summer dates if you are a party of 4 or more.
- House1500 sq. ft.
- Half Baths1
- Min StayNone
3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Bathrooms, Sleeps 6 - 8
Bowie van Ling
- english, german, dutch
- Calendar last updated:
- Oct 23, 2018
About Bowie van Ling
World traveler, jack of all trades, part-time programmer, music nerd and event producer. Loves living in the Asheville area, taking advantage of the fresh local food, culture and mountain biking trails.
Bowie van Ling purchased this House in 2016
Pool / Spa
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date. 50% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Great 1 night stay needs small improvements
We stayed here one night on our way through Asheville. The place is about a 15-20 minute drive from Asheville. It is close to several highways. This place is like the pictures. Everything looks new and the decorations are upscale and the finishes are very, very nice. Also, the house is spread out and has enough room for several couples. We saw someone else reviewed this place and said it was dirty but we thought it was very, very clean and there were no bugs of any kind. There are a few suggestions I would make. One thing the place smelled a little musty and we couldn't seem to figure out why since the whole house seems to be new with all new paint and all new wood flooring. We did not use the pool but the area around the pool needed to be swept because there were a lot of leaves all over. We also did not use the hot tub. We did call the owner because it seemed that the hot water was off and he answered his phone the moment I called and said he would even come right over but then we figured things out that they have low flow showers and once we ran the water it stayed hot. All in all we liked this place and really like how the host responded very quickly before our stay and refunded our deposit within 12 hours of our stay. Great host who seems to want to make this a great place to stay.
Great place to visit
Fencing was a little sparse to be called private and there were a couple of plumbing issues. But the owner was very responsive and helpful. This is now one of our favorite places to stay in Ashville.
Property not as advertised, Owner difficult to deal with
DO NOT BOOK with Bowie Van Ling.
Upon check in we noticed the following-
1. Dust and bugs on floor, countertops, and A/C vents like it hadn't been cleaned or rented in quite some time.
2. Pool was so green you couldn't see the bottom
3. Hot tub had not been heated.
This is what transpired-
- When notified of cleanliness: He claimed the house was cleaned the morning we arrived. If that was truly the case he needs to fire his cleaning service immediately. All countertops and surfaces in both bathrooms had not even been wiped down. Dust was caked on. We had to clean ourselves before we could even unpack our toiletries. There were dead bugs on the floor in the kitchen, living room, hallway to the bedrooms, and on a few window sills. The A/C vents had visible dust collecting in between the grates. Made us wonder about the state of the A/C filters.
- When notified of the pool being so green you couldn't see the bottom: He responds the pool was recently filled with well water. Really? In August? You are just getting around to filling the pool? He says 'we have high iron but there is enough chlorine and copper in the pool that there shouldn't be any safety issues'. Regardless, it should have been cleaned and treated to the point it wasn't green and you could see the bottome before we got there. It didn't look appealing and nowhere in any documentation we received was is stated that the pool would be green due to well water.
- When notified of hot tub not being hot: His response was to flip the circuit breaker. This was noted as part of the check-in list so we expected this (Murphy's Law at this point). However, what we didn't expect was that it wouldn't get hot until check out time (2 nights later).
To recap- 2 of the primary reasons we selected this property were now not useable.
We notified Bowie that we thought a refund was in order and that one night was fair. He agreed to this, but after 35 days still no refund even though I have been contacting him every few days for a status update. Finally, I call him to ask about the delay and he hangs up on me; won't answer the phone when I call him back. Then all of a sudden a refund shows up, and of course, it was for less than the amount discussed.
For context, we have been using VRBO and equivalents since 2004 in America and abroad. This is the first time we have ever had an experience like this.
You have all been warned. Rent at your own risk.
Very nice and private!
The place was great and convenient to Asheville. Would definitely stay again! The host was great and very accommodating.
Very nice house
I loved the house
Beautiful location! Private sanctuary.
We had a fabulous stay this past week. The house was nice and was equipped with most things we needed to make meals when we were home. Bowie was great to work with and took care of all our needs. Would definitely recommend this home for your stay.