OceanWhispers beach house, just a 2 minute walk to the beach, is located in the idyllic south coast hideaway of Cudmirrah/Berrara - a two and a half to three hour drive from either Sydney or Canberra. Its location, being surrounded by the Conjola National Park, Swan Lake, Cudmirrah Beach and Berrara Creek/Lagoon, make it the perfect location for a weekend getaway or even a longer break. As the name infers you will go to sleep each evening with - OceanWhispers
OceanWhispers beach house has outstanding amenities so what do you need to bring? Not much really, linen (sheets and towels) are the only things OceanWhispers does not supply, otherwise the house is well fitted out.
Some of the OceanWhispers amenities are indicated below:
* Five bedrooms (two rooms with queen beds, one with two single beds, one with double bed and single bunk combo and another with a single bed and double bunks). Note we do NOT provide linen, you need to provide you own sheets/pillowslips and towels.
* Kitchen - dishwasher, extra large fridge, microwave, plenty of crockery and cutlery, lots of appliances, pots and pans etc
* Clean and neat bathroom/s with toilet, vanity and shower.
* Second toilet..(Three toilets in total)
* Large combined living / dining room with HD LCD television, DVD player and stereo (iPod compatible)
* Multiple lounges plenty of room for everyone.
* Large informal living area overlooking the backyard, breakfast table and multiple lounges. HD TV, DVD, PS2, assortment of movies and PS2 games.
* Multiple stereos systems with iPod capability.
* Plenty of books, magazines and board games.
* Laundry with washing machine, dryer and additional shower and toilet.
* Second full size fridge to keep all your drinks cold along with your kitchen fridge for plenty of space.
* Outside shower for your use after your day at the beach.
* Large covered deck with outdoor dining table and chairs plus casual seating.
* Large landscaped yard, wood BBQ (we try to keep wood stocked but BBQ briquettes are always available at the 'corner store' and service station), gas BBQ, paved area and plenty of grass areas for cricket or kicking a ball.
Pets are allowed but please note the property is NOT FENCED and if you bring pets they need to be secured outside - there is a covered rear deck and a dog bed and bowls provided. NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE HOUSE - sorry, not even our dog Kirby!
Join the hundreds of people who have stayed at OceanWhispers since 1989. Also look for us at oceanwhispers com au
At OceanWhispers the activities available are only limited by your level of energy and imagination. Below are some ideas, but we suggest you come up with some of your own as well!
* Swimming ~ you can swim at the beaches, in the lake and at the lagoon and creek. You can even drive to Sussex Inlet indoor heated community pool.
* Bush walk. With Conjola National Park across the road there is no limit to the bush walking which can be done.
* Bike riding ~ with bush and beaches both available hop on your bike and off you go. Don't forget to try the paved pathway at the Swan Lake for a great ride.
* Dolphins & Whales ~ it is common to see dolphins out the front and also the occasional whale. However for an enjoyable day out on the water, and a bit more certainty, take a dolphin and whale watching tour with Dolphin Watch Cruises at Huskisson, which is less than 30 minutes away.
* Fishing ~ some great fishing is available for the amateur to the professional. You can beach fish, fish off the reef point or in the lake or lagoon. A popular location for first timers is the vicinity of the lake bridge.
* Boating ~ the local area with Sussex Inlet and Georges Basin is renowned as a boating and fishing mecca. So if you have a boat, bring it along. If not ten minutes to Sussex and you can hire a boat by the hour or day.
* Dine out ~ with several clubs in nearby Sussex Inlet meals are readily available. All clubs offer courtesy buses, so leave your car at OceanWhispers and enjoy a drink with you meal! Milton has the famous Pilgrims Cafe and for finer dining there are several options include the world renowned Bannisters operated by Rick Steins at nearby Mollymook.
* Golfing - Sussex Inlet has its own course and welcomes visitors and there are also the courses with the beach views at Mollymook.
* Surfing ~ less than 200 metres away from OceanWhispers beach house is 'the reef' with a great right hander and in either direction plenty of beach breaks. With plenty of beaches around you can get a wave in most conditions. A great place to learn to surf so try JB Surf School if you are interested in lessons while you are here.
* Scuba Diving ~ Jervis Bay offers some of the most spectacular and colourful diving sites in Australia. Huskisson has several dive shops who can cater to all your needs.
* Visit the wineries ~ there is a growing wine making industry in the region and plenty of choices available for a day of wine tasting. The award winning Kladis Estate Wineries is a good start and only up the street.
* Beach walk ~ you can walk for many kilometres along the local beaches. North will take you you North Sussex and South past Berrara will take you to the 'Mermaid Pools', great fun for the kids. If you have the time, keep walking South to Bendalong past the Walter Hood Memorial, the rock pools and cliffs for great views.
* Sightseeing ~ there are plenty of sights within less than a 30 minutes drive and many more if you go further afield. The Walter Hood memorial is to the south, Pidgeon house Mountain not far away and for a full day do the Mogo Zoo with the white tigers.
* Relax ~ if activity is not what you are after then just relax at OceanWhispers. There are plenty of books and magazines available and an assortment of movies. Sit on the deck with a glass of wine, listen to the birds or watch the kangaroos. You can enjoy a short walk to the Cudmirrah General Store, have a coffee and watch the sunset over Swan Lake.
Please read the following, it is a friendly reminder to our guests and should be abided by out of respect for our township of Berrara and neighbours. Shoalhaven Council regulations are no different to most councils.
The Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 (POEO Act) and the Protection of the Environment Operations (Noise Control) Regulation 2000 (Noise Control Regulation) provide the legal framework and basis for managing unacceptable noise from:
machines (boat motors etc)
music & parties & offensive behaviour
Midnight to 8 am on Friday, Saturday or any day preceding a public holiday
10 pm to 8 am on any other day Local Council or Police can be called to the property by surrounding neighbours.